Spring Workouts 03-10-15

Dobbs got some guns on him now. Did he have chicken wings when he first got to UT? I never paid attention.

Yeah! Josh been doing the tough work, arms looking like serious weapons now. Heavy upper body improvement from when he first arrived. Young man working hard and it's showing. Good on you, Josh!

p.s. Loving the Go Vols orange dreads on Von.

LOL Debord is going to blow a fuse.

Good time to remind everybody to enjoy North and Sutton's last year in the orange. Jesus North looks like
an enhanced version of Andre Johnson.

Reactions: 2 people
I kinda remember something about CBJ saying the players had to earn wearing orange .. blue was poor performance .. white was below standard, orange was where they were supposed to be type of thing

This was last years cycle i think

You're not crazy, this is true.

Whether it's what this means or not, I don't know.

But yes, this did happen, and you are correct.

LOL Debord is going to blow a fuse.

Good time to remind everybody to enjoy North and Sutton's last year in the orange. Jesus North looks like
an enhanced version of Andre Johnson

nice comparison. I was thinking more Dez Bryant minus the game breaking speed. Similar body type and ability to go up over the coverage and pull down ridiculous catches.

Both North and Sutton will be 1st round picks next year.

Reactions: 1 person
nice comparison. I was thinking more Dez Bryant minus the game breaking speed. Similar body type and ability to go up over the coverage and pull down ridiculous catches.

What are you basing your prediction of North going in the first round on?

Reactions: 3 people
I know this face

10877525.jpeg

Reactions: 3 people
Based on published injury reports it seems like white is full contact/practice, Orange is limited contact/practice, red is very limited practice/no contact and blue seems to be a mystery. I would assume blue is a walkon/trying to make the team indicator, but another poster said Alton and weathered were in that group. Could be a special injury indicator? Have no idea on the blue....
They are mood jerseys.

Reactions: 7 people

couple of the early 2016 mock drafts have him going at the end of the 1st round

WalterFootball.com: 2016 NFL Mock Draft by Charlie Campbell
2016 NFL Mock Draft - Behind the Steel Curtain

he's 6'3" 225 lbs, can run, and catch. those guys don't grow on trees. WR is also becoming a premium position now in the NFL given the rules changes and how many guys are able to make such an early impact in the league.

if he stays healthly, I expect North to put up big numbers (60 catches, 900 yards, 10 TDs) this year. he'll also test really well at the combine.

1st round isn't a guarantee. he could drop to early 2nd. but his talent is undeniable and teams will be salivating for him. he's gonna be an Anquan Boldin/Dez Bryant type receiver at the next level.

First impressions:

Marquez North - Chiseled from granite
Mack Crowder - Face of a 12-year-old
Mike DeBord - How did Grandpa wander onto the field?
Josh Dobbs - Could win a giant forehead competition with Peyton
Dillon Bates - Chip off the ol' block
Rajon Neal - Forgot his eligibility over or Graduate Asst?

Reactions: 4 people

I'm a North fan, but....
1. He's injury prone. Hasn't finished a season healthy yet.
2. He hasn't shown the ability to be able to beat anyone deep
3. He's a beast, but he hasn't shown the ability to get off press man coverage vs the better DBs he's played.
4. While he was a freshman all-American, he had a subpar season last year and received no postseason accolades.

If he has a GREAT junior season could he declare early and be drafted in a early round? Sure. But talk about him being a first rd pick after this year? It's not only premature, it's very unrealistic at this point.

Now Sutton?? Yes, we got him for one more year barring injury this season. Hope he has a great junior year and can sneak into the first round.

Lol I would love to hear this myself.

"Well he had that sweet catch against Georgia his freshman year"

I kinda doubt North leaves, he's a deep threat in the NFL at best. He's not fast or very agile he just seems to have great hands/leaping ability. I'm not sure Sutton leaves either. I can't see him going first round.

First impressions:

Marquez North - Chiseled from granite
Mack Crowder - Face of a 12-year-old
Mike DeBord - How did Grandpa wander onto the field?
Josh Dobbs - Could win a giant forehead competition with Peyton
Dillon Bates - Chip off the ol' block
Rajon Neal - Forgot his eligibility over or Graduate Asst?

Dobbs could WIN a giant forehead competition vs Peyton? I think he gets to the semis, maybe even the finals....but nobody's beating the king....his dome is unbeaten and unscored on all time

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back