Spring Practice today

Nah I've been here since we ran the single wing and this is as bad as its ever been..:thud::p

Maybe we should go back to the single wing. At least opponents have not seen it. Bring in Johnny Majors to install it since he was an All American and near Heisman single wing tailback.

I was a bit optimistic based on getting a bunch of guys back healthy but if anything it seems to have gone in the other direction...Jack Jones never playing again, Trey Smith & Chance Hall very likely never returning, Jennings having knee surgery...its not just that the Vols have an uncanny knack for getting players severely injured its that they get their very best players injured to the point that they will never play again or at least play again to their potential. Then we're seeing lineman videos of guy squatting 585...really? that's an SEC caliber lineman bench press. 4-8 is way more likely than 8-4. Wish I could put a happier face on it but they may not win a league game again next year. I will still watch every minute of every game or almost but man there's just not much to be excited about. :sad:

I thought Trey's issue was more optimistic for a return come August camp?

I was a bit optimistic based on getting a bunch of guys back healthy but if anything it seems to have gone in the other direction...Jack Jones never playing again, Trey Smith & Chance Hall very likely never returning, Jennings having knee surgery...its not just that the Vols have an uncanny knack for getting players severely injured its that they get their very best players injured to the point that they will never play again or at least play again to their potential. Then we're seeing lineman videos of guy squatting 585...really? that's an SEC caliber lineman bench press. 4-8 is way more likely than 8-4. Wish I could put a happier face on it but they may not win a league game again next year. I will still watch every minute of every game or almost but man there's just not much to be excited about. :sad:

585lbs is the SEC OL bench press standard? I don’t believe so, think you’re overstating it a bit.....by at least 100-150lbs would be my guess.

Reactions: 2 people
As Duke yelled to Rocky when the Russian was beating the sh!t out of Apollo "Throw the damn towel!"

VN Store

Back