Spring Practice today

I think a majority of the fan base is going to have a hard time getting excited by reading about anything at this point. It's going to take seeing something productive on the field during a game before they are ready to emotionally invest again.

Reactions: 3 people
I think a majority of the fan base is going to have a hard time getting excited by reading about anything at this point.

Maybe but we're not talking about the majority of the fan base. We're talking about the fans who visit Volnation regularly - because despite all the recent woes, we still enjoy reading and talking about the team.

Reactions: 1 person
Me too man.
I’m sitting here in Atlanta only five miles away from the site of the Sweet Sixteen.
I had my plan to try to get a cheap ticket for Thursday ruined by a 98 year old woman in a wheelchair.
Don’t fool yourself.
That ball never should have gone in except that she willed it to do so off of that crazy bounce. :thud:

I am still hurting over that game. The bracket was wide open for us to play KY for a chance to go to our first Final 4. When you're a Vol fan you better keep your cup on at all times because the kick is coming.

Reactions: 2 people
It's just not fun at this point. I think most of the fan base is in see it to believe for anything football related at this point. The hype train has broken down.

Isn't there usually a press conference the first day of Spring practice? Or was that just a Butch thing?

The man has literally never been a head coach. How can you say for certain?

I can't say for certain. But there is a lotgoing his way to lead me to that conclusion.

It could be his body of work. It's probably Butch's record along with how the losses happened.

Looking forward to the practice videos and the cringe worthy body analysis comments..

The day I'm not excited for spring practice to start is the day I find something else to devote my time to. I'm ready for pads popping, black cleats, and silly predictions. It's spring time.

It's spring practice. That's all. I doubt it will tell us all that much of anything. We have a decimated O line and our best lineman may never return to football. Huge questions at QB and nothing pointing to solid qb play in the fall. Just as many questions on D line. Put those together and it could be as much of a struggle as it was last year. I will be extremely patient with Pruitt considering what he has stepped into here. We need LOTS of pleasant surprises from young players and upperclassmen. But no, there's not a ton of excitement other than Butch is gone. I'm in wait and see mode.

Reactions: 1 person
As soon as all the breadcrumbs from practice updates and videos start coming out, the anticipation and excitement will ramp up. All the residual nasty of last season will wash away.

By the start of the season it will be moving so fast, everyone will be like...

TidyFrenchFairybluebird-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: 3 people
How much better of a football coach is CJP vs Butch? At least 3-5 games a year.

As Johnny Majors always said , " it ain't the X's and O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes". Saban couldn't win more than 6 games with this team. We have no O line, especially if Smith and Chance Hall do not return and we are very thin on the D line. You can't win in the SEC unless you have talent and depth in the trenches. Get prepared for a rough year.

As Johnny Majors always said , " it ain't the X's and O's, it's the Jimmys and Joes". Saban couldn't win more than 6 games with this team. We have no O line, especially if Smith and Chance Hall do not return and we are very thin on the D line. You can't win in the SEC unless you have talent and depth in the trenches. Get prepared for a rough year.

I was a bit optimistic based on getting a bunch of guys back healthy but if anything it seems to have gone in the other direction...Jack Jones never playing again, Trey Smith & Chance Hall very likely never returning, Jennings having knee surgery...its not just that the Vols have an uncanny knack for getting players severely injured its that they get their very best players injured to the point that they will never play again or at least play again to their potential. Then we're seeing lineman videos of guy squatting 585...really? that's an SEC caliber lineman bench press. 4-8 is way more likely than 8-4. Wish I could put a happier face on it but they may not win a league game again next year. I will still watch every minute of every game or almost but man there's just not much to be excited about. :sad:

I was a bit optimistic based on getting a bunch of guys back healthy but if anything it seems to have gone in the other direction...Jack Jones never playing again, Trey Smith & Chance Hall very likely never returning, Jennings having knee surgery...its not just that the Vols have an uncanny knack for getting players severely injured its that they get their very best players injured to the point that they will never play again or at least play again to their potential. Then we're seeing lineman videos of guy squatting 585...really? that's an SEC caliber lineman bench press. 4-8 is way more likely than 8-4. Wish I could put a happier face on it but they may not win a league game again next year. I will still watch every minute of every game or almost but man there's just not much to be excited about. :sad:
You’ve been here for eleven years uncle Lou? :lolabove::):thud:

VN Store

Back