spotted this in Bristol yet?

How can someone hate something so much that they don't even believe is real.

I believe in God (wouldn't call myself "religious" by the definition) but there is a time and place for everything. Normal religious people are fine for the most part as well, but he used to term Jesus Freak. We all know this type, the type who says you're going to hell if you miss a Sunday service for any reason. The type who tries to shame you if you swear or drink a beer or do anything that they don't approve of. The type who is more often the most hypocritical person you know.

It's not the belief itself that is the issue. It is the person's belief that they are 100% right and they have to tell everyone else about it at all times until they do. Especially in times where it is not appropriate. A weekend of drinking, partying, and sports is not appropriate for any religion.

Reactions: 5 people
Terrible comparison. It's annoying. I don't want a religious lecture while tailgating

It's not a terrible comparison. The point is you should be thankful that all you have to deal with is some expressing and pushing their faith.

They have just as much right to express it as you do to hate on it. Only point I really intended to make.

And I am truly thankful and would much prefer to see that than people that are a physical and violent threat to my family, me, and me fellow football fans.

I didn't start this disccusion. You guys got on her bashing "Jesus Freaks."

Grow up and grow a pair means just ignore what you don't like and move on. I don't agree with you. I am not a "Jesus Freak," but I believe they have the right to say whatever they want as long as it is not a threat to you or me.

You also have the right to feel or think or say what you want, but what good or benefit do you get out of a bunch of people expressing their faith. Sure, it can be annoying in the wrong way, grow up and walk on.

I barely have signal tailgating. The only reason I said anything is I don't understand why you, and Ed, and others need to bash on some people expressing their beliefs that are no threat to you or your way of life.

Grow up and let bygones be bygones. Going to tailgate and enjoy the day. Go Vols to everyone!

Reactions: 3 people
I've had three of these pushed into my chest on my 0.8 mile walk to the stadium. I finally just said "hail Satan"

Should have went for the trifecta of saying hail Satan while wearing a Hillary shirt and holding hands with a male friend.

I am sure several would've literally exploded.

Reactions: 3 people
I dont know how I'd feel about a garbage truck as a symbol of my team, no matter how much it was painted.

One man's garbage is another man's offensive coordinator.

kiffin.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
How can someone hate something so much that they don't even believe is real.
The ones that passes out pamphlets I don't mind it's the damn street preachers that gets on my nerves. Being loud judgemental and acting like an escaped mental patient is not helping their cause one bit

I'm not a believer but people can believe whatever they want. They have the right to annoy people but it still makes them a**holes imho

Reactions: 4 people
People expressing their religious beliefs shouldn't be too big of a deal. If them speaking and trying to give you a pc of paper are your biggest problems then your having a pretty good day.

The Christians as a whole are pretty nice but the "freaks" as some of you called them that tell you how much they are right and you are wrong is not any diff from everyday life. On this site is a good example. Huge chunk of folks that constantly tell you they are right and if you type something to the contrary that group all comes out the woodwork and bashes you.

Just don't listen to them if that's your choice.

Now back to our regular scheduled broadcast.

Reactions: 1 person
There are many things more annoying than Christians reaching out to the public about Jesus. If you don't want to read it or listen to them, you don't have to.

Hard not to when they stand outside the narrow entrance with a speaker preaching and telling us all to repent.

Hard not to when they stand outside the narrow entrance with a speaker preaching and telling us all to repent.

As much as I hate what Kaprenick did and what is going on right now in this country, it's their right to do it.. We might not agree with it or agree with it.. That's what makes this great country great.. Merica...

As much as I hate what Kaprenick did and what is going on right now in this country, it's their right to do it.. We might not agree with it or agree with it.. That's what makes this great country great.. Merica...

Like I said, I don't hate it. They and Colin can do their thing as long as they don't physically force something on me. My dad asked the dude with the speaker if he was doing a snake handling show anytime today.

Like I said, I don't hate it. They and Colin can do their thing as long as they don't physically force something on me. My dad asked the dude with the speaker if he was doing a snake handling show anytime today.

I understand I see em on Beale St here in Memphis all the time.. But like I said

The ones that passes out pamphlets I don't mind it's the damn street preachers that gets on my nerves. Being loud judgemental and acting like an escaped mental patient is not helping their cause one bit

I'm not a believer but people can believe whatever they want. They have the right to annoy people but it still makes them a**holes imho

Yeah, it does nothing to help bring me to Jesus. I wonder how many it actually affects?

I am a Jesus freak..... Without Him I would be dead or the definition of the term low life. I can'texplain itbut my life was in shambles until the day I came to know Jesus . I am sorry that people feel the way they do about the church now. Church is supposed to be about worship and eencouragement.... But now churches are more concerned with the people within it's walls than helping those in the world who need it. Jesus does not force Himself on anyone... Nor did He go finger pointing and telling everybody they are going to Hell . Whether you agree or not I will love you through it. Jesus loves us unconditionally, we should do the same. That same condemning Pharisee Spirit has tore the church to pieces. What happened to praying for one another, encouraging each other. Yes people are going to he'll, but Jesus died on that cross that we don't have to. It's not for me to decide who is and who isn't, all I can tell you is nobody has to.

Reactions: 7 people

VN Store

Back