Sports Illustrated SEC Preview

You think losing mpjr hurts them that bad? I had them picked around the same in the preseason, just wondering if that’s why you dropped them that far.

At 5 I probably had them too high, although never seeing them with Porter thats hard to say. But without him they've looked average, but I think the SEC is just really pretty darn good.

Yea...which was lower than most had them, but admittedly probably a spot or 2 too high. However that was assuming with Porter, without I see them stumbling way back.

They were way overhyped even with porter. Way overhyped. That team was awful last year. I was gonna love watching them go 15-16 (7-11) but now they are gonna have an excuse for tanking.

They were way overhyped even with porter. Way overhyped. That team was awful last year. I was gonna love watching them go 15-16 (7-11) but now they are gonna have an excuse for tanking.

Idk...I think Martin is a better coach than Johnny Jones and even he had LSU as a bubble team with Simmons, and honestly I think supporting cast at Missouri is better than it was at LSU.

Idk but freshmen 4* don’t mean much.

I would think they'd be considered a supporting cast if it's a bad team we are referencing? Obviously there's no way to know, but I think if Missouri wins say 16 games that with Porter they likely would've been a 19-20 win team and on the bubble. JMO

I would think they'd be considered a supporting cast if it's a bad team we are referencing? Obviously there's no way to know, but I think if Missouri wins say 16 games that with Porter they likely would've been a 19-20 win team and on the bubble. JMO

Missouri was 2-16 in the SEC. 8-24 overall. Adding Cuonzo and a couple blue chips isn’t gonna make them a 20 win team. I haven’t looked at their schedule but they will be lucky to go .500 now imo.

Reactions: 1 person
Missouri was 2-16 in the SEC. 8-24 overall. Adding Cuonzo and a couple blue chips isn’t gonna make them a 20 win team. I haven’t looked at their schedule but they will be lucky to go .500 now imo.

So if they go .500 you'll say with Porter it's realistic they would've been in the bubble talk?

Reactions: 1 person
Depends on their schedule which I haven’t seen. If they go .500 in SEC I will say they would have been in or on bubble with porter.

Heck .500 may be all it takes to be in bubble talk, strong league and some teams with very strong OOC schedules

Vandy was 10-8 last year and they got in easy, weren't even bubble....AND conference is stronger this season.

ACC got a 9-9 conference team in last year fwiw

Talking SEC not ACC and that Vandy team was an anomoly in more than one way. If you look at the last several years 11-7 is the cut line.

Talking SEC not ACC and that Vandy team was an anomoly in more than one way. If you look at the last several years 11-7 is the cut line.

SEC has been projected to be as good if not better than ACC this season, so why is that dismissed?

And how was Vandy an anomaly...scheduled very hard and won enough games

SEC has been projected to be as good if not better than ACC this season, so why is that dismissed?

And how was Vandy an anomaly...scheduled very hard and won enough games

Because of their record. What they did was not the norm.

You use them as an example ALL the time. But they are an exception not the norm.

Because of their record. What they did was not the norm.

You use them as an example ALL the time. But they are an exception not the norm.

I disagree...you typically don't have a top 5 SOS team only win say 17 games, everything made sense for Vandy to get in.

ACC had 2 9-9 conference teams get in the year before as well, so there's definitely a precedent that if you go .500 in a strong conference you could be considered.

I disagree...you typically don't have a top 5 SOS team only win say 17 games, everything made sense for Vandy to get in.

ACC had 2 9-9 conference teams get in the year before as well, so there's definitely a precedent that if you go .500 in a strong conference you could be considered.

“You typically don’t have a top 5 SOS team only win say 17 games”

VN Store

Back