Southern Miss basketball under NCAA investigation (Tyndall)

Hopefully Tennessee mans up this time.....hires a lawyer and sends the NCAA crying back to where it came from......I hope Donnie remembers to lie, lie, lie and never admit to anything.

Reactions: 1 person
Not sure where you got this, because the major part of what's going on is that these players were supposedly getting their housing paid for, which is a no-no. If that turns out to be true I'm not sure how you think that wouldn't come back on Tyndall at all.

I think he is saying it seems the school is the one that set it all up and not Tyndall. It seems like it would be pretty easy for Tyndall to say "I had no idea" without a smoking gun.

NCAA has too many rules. Fart sideways and you're in violation.
A lot like deep south fundamental religion.

Hopefully Tennessee mans up this time.....hires a lawyer and sends the NCAA crying back to where it came from......I hope Donnie remembers to lie, lie, lie and never admit to anything.

Yep, this would be extremely hard to pin on a coach.

Based on what I read in the report it is nothing like UNC. He as in CDT was not faking grades for the players. The way he handled the Prop 48 prospects were within NCAA guidelines it's a matter of if he paid for the housing,living expenses, and tuition being that they were out of state student with higher fees. Hopefully he didn't and this doesn't hamper what Tennessee is trying to do. I really believe in CDT and his staff. Someone made a great point about being a powerhouse because UNC is caught dead to right and what's happening to them nothing. This happened before Roy Williams and during Roy Williams watch. I believe they won a title one of those years it happened.

Agree. Tell the NCAA to FO

Not sure where you got this, because the major part of what's going on is that these players were supposedly getting their housing paid for, which is a no-no. If that turns out to be true I'm not sure how you think that wouldn't come back on Tyndall at all.

Did you have a big smile on your face when you typed this?

Reactions: 10 people
NCAA investigating USM for possible violations under Donnie Tyndall - CBSSports.com

"One source told CBSSports.com there's no timetable for a possible notice of allegations from the NCAA. Another labeled the situation as "serious" and suggested the operating theory is that Tyndall will have a hard time avoiding fault."

From CBS Sports. Initially I didn't think this would be much of a story, but that isn't good news right there for UT. Good luck fellas, the worst part about all this is it takes forever for information to come out and the NCAA to investigate.

Last edited:

Here is quote that tells me it's an out/in state thing

Most of the recruits in question hail from out of state, which would've made their tuition fees even higher. Along with investigating how those fees were paid—and by whom—the NCAA is also looking into the academic records of some of the players, the source said.

Academic records would prove where their permanent residence is which should be used to determine in/out stuff.

Nothing I have seen says that housing specifically was paid for

Last edited:
Should have just hired Bruce if we were going to get baggage anyway... At least then we would have a proven SEC winner...

Not a bad point in hindsight.

But I doubt they knew about this...even though he had a small infraction at Morehead.

But point is correct, if you aren't hiring someone who is squeaky clean, why not hire the best "tainted" coach out there...certainly frustrating.

Reactions: 2 people
Dan Wolken ✔ @DanWolken In Tyndall’s Morehead State case, NCAA found an alum/booster had offered to pay a recruit’s first year of tuition

I guess we need to ask Dave Hart what "thoroughly vetted" means to him.

Aren't you an Auburn fan now?
I like their basketball coach and I'll probably watch a few of their games this year. I don't have any thoughts about the UT coach and I probably won't watch any of their games unless it's against Auburn. Whatever that equates to in fandom is what i am.

I like their basketball coach and I'll probably watch a few of their games this year. I don't have any thoughts about the UT coach and I probably won't watch any of their games unless it's against Auburn. Whatever that equates to in fandom is what i am.

A complete loser

Reactions: 24 people

VN Store

Back