Southern Miss basketball under NCAA investigation (Tyndall)

I think that's true, it's a huge no-no and WHEN he did it looks bad...I'm wondering if they either already had them or subsequently got them...

People need to understand there is really no such thing as deleted emails

Appreciate all your info with this

Reactions: 1 person
Southern Miss men’s basketball assistant coach Jareem Dowling resigned Saturday.

Dowling spent two seasons as an assistant coach under former Golden Eagle head coach Donnie Tyndall, and was also an assistant under Doc Sadler at Southern Miss last season.

Tyndall was fired as Tennessee’s head coach Friday after the NCAA made it clear he was likely going to be punished for a number of major violations during his time at Southern Miss.

Adam Howard and R.J. Rush, who were on Tyndall’s staffs at both Southern Miss and Tennessee, also resigned last fall soon after the NCAA investigation began.

Attempts to reach Dowling for comment were unsuccessful.

USM men

Reactions: 2 people
Southern Miss basketball loses Matt Bingaya to transfer | Southern Miss | The Sun Herald

Bingaya's departure brings the total of players who started the 2014-15 season on the USM roster who have transferred or been declared academically ineligible by the NCAA to six. Bingaya, Dallas Anglin, Shadell Millinghaus and Davon Hayes have all transferred. Jeremiah Eason, who was a senior, and Rasham Suarez were both declared academically ineligible during the season.

Bingaya was the second best scorer and the top rebounder for USM last season.

Was Suarez' ineligibility ever connected to the Tyndal investigation?

I think it's assumed he and Eason were the two guys that were involved in the academic part...both were ruled academically ineligible at the same time and in the middle of the season. I don't guess it can be "confirmed" until the NCAA sends USM the NOA.

I think it's assumed he and Eason were the two guys that were involved in the academic part...both were ruled academically ineligible at the same time and in the middle of the season. I don't guess it can be "confirmed" until the NCAA sends USM the NOA.

Preciate it. I was pretty sure that was the case, just wanted to pick a bigger brain than mine. Which is slim pickins already.

VN Store

Back