Source: Butch staying, raise pending

You're a resident idiot. No one on this board wants Butch to fail. If Butch succeeds everyone is happy, if he fails they want change. It's pretty simple. I fall in this category.

I watch every game with the intentions we win and therefore Butch wins. I don't give a crap who the coach is as long as he wins and does things the right way, and I'd reckon most feel the same way. If it's someone with the personality of Greg Popavich or Bill Belichick and he wins keep him and pay him. If he loses but has the personality of Gruden, fire him. If you root based on a coach your point of view will always be skewed.

I don't want Butch to succeed because I like his personality and attitude. I want him to succeed because I want UT to succeed.

As long as you don't have doubts or insecurities about his coaching ability. That's forbidden. It's bigger than one of the seven deadlies.

Reactions: 1 person
You're a resident idiot. No one on this board wants Butch to fail. If Butch succeeds everyone is happy, if he fails they want change. It's pretty simple. I fall in this category.

I watch every game with the intentions we win and therefore Butch wins. I don't give a crap who the coach is as long as he wins and does things the right way, and I'd reckon most feel the same way. If it's someone with the personality of Greg Popavich or Bill Belichick and he wins keep him and pay him. If he loses but has the personality of Gruden, fire him. If you root based on a coach your point of view will always be skewed.

I don't want Butch to succeed because I like his personality and attitude. I want him to succeed because I want UT to succeed.

We beat Vandy and you haven't shut up since...guess it was HAPPY WHINING. :w00t:

Reactions: 3 people
I really hope this doesn't turn in to some kind of "give him a raise every year" to keep him satisfied ordeal.

One of the best things about our coaches pre-Kiffin were we knew there was little to no chance they would ever go anywhere cause they'd been Vols their whole lives, more or less.

I like Butch and if he keeps making big steps forward with the team, then sure, pay him accordingly. But let's try not to have some bidding war every year.

Fulmer milked UT for millions

Reactions: 2 people
If he's not getting raises on a regular basis, it's because he's failing as coach. Which would you rather have?

I'm fine with raises for success.

I'm not fine with raises for the simple fact that we're trying to ward off another school from taking him.

Every team in the country, and including the NFL, knew not to even bother contacting Fulmer cause he wasn't going anywhere regardless of what type of pay increase they offered. I want that kind of loyalty from Butch.

Reactions: 4 people

I'm not fine with raises for the simple fact that we're trying to ward off another school from taking him.

Every team in the country, and including the NFL, knew not to even bother contacting Fulmer cause he wasn't going anywhere regardless of what type of pay increase they offered. I want that kind of loyalty from Butch.

CPF was loyal but to think he was ever the flavor of the day is an insult to the flavor of the day.

CPF and most of his staff played at UT, those kinds of coaching staffs are rare. That kind of loyalty is very rare in any sport.

Reactions: 5 people

That's probably not accurate.

Reactions: 7 people

100% the truth. I swear if Butch asked some on here to kill the first born they would.

Reactions: 2 people
I think it's interesting how some fans are so concerned with how much our coach gets paid. I swear, some would be ok with a $1 billion coach just so nobody else could get him.

In reality, I would be shocked if we ever lost a good coach purely due to us not being willing to pay up.

Much ado about very little.

article suggests 6 figure increase as well. That'd be nice. I honestly expected Butch's raise to be more. At 3.3 per year he's still at the bottom of the SEC in salaries.

What's funny to me is that people still honestly think that money is not an issue…. it is, and Tennessee doesn't have any.

Butch is a great face for our program. He is so very well liked by all of us.He held on to most of his cincy staff and so far without Zack,G and Thig they would be in trouble recruiting. I have been impressed with our Defense and ST this season..that's it. To give a coach a raise for winning 11 games in 2 seasons is just silly.

Who cares?

If we are filling seats and making money, why not continue to return some of that to the coaches making it happen?

Of every fanbase in the nation, we should be among the most cognizant of how important a staff can be.

It's not about the money. It's about loyalty. I'd much rather not have to worry about Butch leaving just because some school offers him an extra $250k or w/e the ordeal might be.

100% the truth. I swear if Butch asked some on here to kill the first born they would.

Nah. I love the first one too much. The runt though... he better sleep with one eye open, gripping his pillow tight.

Good for Butch and the assistants. If I poured my heart and soul into rebuilding a program I'd want to be there when the rise occurs. Apparently he is confident it will happen. I am too... even though I am not sure the staff will be quite the same in a year or two.

Nah. I love the first one too much. The runt though... he better sleep with one eye open, gripping his pillow tight.

Good for Butch and the assistants. If I poured my heart and soul into rebuilding a program I'd want to be there when the rise occurs. Apparently he is confident it will happen. I am too... even though I am not sure the staff will be quite the same in a year or two.
I swear I'm gona win the Lottery soon.can I borrow a cool million?

VN Store

Back