Some ways to "fix" college football.

That article had some good ideas. Adopt the Olympic model of compensating players, bring back the EA Sports game, shorten the games by shortening commercials, quit allowing coaches to have input on where kids can and can't transfer to, get rid of divisions (GREAT idea), "Bracket buster" weekends, etc. I could really get behind some of what was listed there. LOVE the idea of getting rid of divisions.

That article had some good ideas. Adopt the Olympic model of compensating players, bring back the EA Sports game, shorten the games by shortening commercials, quit allowing coaches to have input on where kids can and can't transfer to, get rid of divisions (GREAT idea), "Bracket buster" weekends, etc. I could really get behind some of what was listed there. LOVE the idea of getting rid of divisions.

Why get rid of divisions? If you get rid of divisions, Tennessee has no hope of making an SEC championship game for the near future.

Female Georgia fans are banned from the Men's rooms. If we are going to make better rules, let's get it off to a right start.

It wasn't until people started thinking that they had great ideas for "fixing" it.

There is certainly room for improvements, but the idea that it's broken or need fixing is completely wrong! A tweek here and there would be great.

Why get rid of divisions? If you get rid of divisions, Tennessee has no hope of making an SEC championship game for the near future.

The article said that the championship game would be between the best two teams in the conference. Which is who the conference championship game should be between. I have no issue with that. It's a lot better than watching Alabama beat down whoever has been unlucky enough to win the East here lately.

I think if there is an injury time out the player should be out of the game for the remainder of the quarter.

I like this idea, but I'd make it into the entire half kind of like the targeting rule. If your injury is bad enough for game stoppage, your injury should preclude you from finishing the half you're in. Don't want to take chances with health.

I like this idea, but I'd make it into the entire half kind of like the targeting rule. If your injury is bad enough for game stoppage, your injury should preclude you from finishing the half you're in. Don't want to take chances with health.

I mean....if that's the case, you're going to tell a player to miss a half if he got a muscle cramp and couldn't get up for a second, enough to where trainers came out. That's a little excessive man.

Can't make the cost of causing an injury timeout TOO severe, or players who are truly injured will hide it, keep playing while hurt, because they don't want to have to sit out so long.

It's a delicate balance. Not enough cost and some teams will use fake injuries to their advantage. Too much of a penalty, and real injuries won't get attended to. Gotta find the right balance.

I think making the player sit out the rest of that drive is probably about right. Can't get into the game again until the ball changes hands.

I mean....if that's the case, you're going to tell a player to miss a half if he got a muscle cramp and couldn't get up for a second, enough to where trainers came out. That's a little excessive man.
Something needs to be done to put a stop to faking injuries to slow down the hurry up offenses. It would be drastic yes, but it puts an end to this nonsense. The only other option I see is to start charging timeouts or penalty yards if a team is out of timeouts.

As stated above, it tends to get old with a player that's cramping up that gets the clock/offense stopped and back in two plays later.

Minimum of a quarter to sit. The purpose of a HUNH offense is to wear out a defense. You want the clock stopped? Call a time out.

I love college football and it is such a short season.

The longer the game, the better, IMO.

College football has the most exciting overtime.

Reactions: 2 people
As stated above, it tends to get old with a player that's cramping up that gets the clock/offense stopped and back in two plays later.

Minimum of a quarter to sit. The purpose of a HUNH offense is to wear out a defense. You want the clock stopped? Call a time out.

Each sideline should have a bucket of snakes. When a player goes out for an "injury", the bucket of snakes is dumped on them. If they can sprint away, they sit for the remainder of the quarter. If they whimper and watch the snakes close in on them, they're legitimately hurt and can go back when they feel better.

The article said that the championship game would be between the best two teams in the conference. Which is who the conference championship game should be between. I have no issue with that. It's a lot better than watching Alabama beat down whoever has been unlucky enough to win the East here lately.

Would also get rid of the farce of "winning" the east. Take the top two teams.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back