Some Tobias Harris & Cuonzo Martin quotes...

The thought of Renaldo Woolridge playing a Dane Bradshaw type glue role boggles my mind...

I'm not the biggest Renaldo Woolridge fan on here, but he has a great opportunity this year to earn some love. With a thin roster, and a few years under his belt, he has no excuses if he can't get it done this year.

This - and I think Tobias knows it.

Guys you may not like scotty but this seems pretty ridiculous to me. Yeah most teams couldnt use a senior that averages mid double figures.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Cuonzo saying he's impressed with Renaldo Woolridge makes me wonder why swiperboy didnt get much PT with the Pearl Regime. Is swiper working harder for coach M or what? It does make you wonder

Hopson may get drafted but I think he will end up in Europe.Until he learns how to dribble he will still be avg.Not bashing Hopson but calling it like I see it.

Scotty is not ready for the NBA. I don't think anyone can argue that point. Coming back will not hurt him, unless he gets seriously injured.

I hope he comes back, he has loads of talent, and he has the experience. He needs to get stronger, mature, and CCM can work on his basketball IQ.

I'm baffled by the Scotty hate. He was one of the best players in the conference last year and would be even better next. If you think his absence would help the team, I'm not sure what to say.

I'm baffled by the Scotty hate. He was one of the best players in the conference last year and would be even better next. If you think his absence would help the team, I'm not sure what to say.

How could you be baffled by it? Nothing pisses fans off in any sport more than a player who plays with an apparent lack of effort, and giving consistent effort has seemed to be a chronic problem for Hopson his entire UT career. So unsurprisingly, there's a contingent of fans who detest Hopson and are eager to see him to leave. It's not like they hate his haircut.

Agree with this, and I'm still holding out a tiny amount of hope that he returns.

Cuonzo saying he's impressed with Renaldo Woolridge makes me wonder why swiperboy didnt get much PT with the Pearl Regime. Is swiper working harder for coach M or what? It does make you wonder

Sometimes once a player gets in the doghouse, he's in it.

i would rather harris stay than hopson.. i mean yeah hopson is good but he only plays when he feels like it and he chokes under pressure most of the time, not always though.. i mean look at what harris did against michigan in the tourney, 19 in the first half and scotty had 4 the whole game, its a wonder they beat us by 30.. also he doesnt play a lick of defense and from the CCM interview it sounds like if he doesnt learn to play D then he wont play that much anyway.. point is i think we might be better off w/out hopson and put someone who comes to play every game in his spot

"If I do decide to come back, I'm in great hands with (Cuonzo) and his staff and it's a great situation."

Tobias on Cuonzo's practices: "I'd say it's the hardest I've ever worked...30 minutes, no break, is pretty tough."

Tobias on Scotty not staying in town: "Scotty's situation is a little different b/c he decided that this is what he wants to do & he wants to go to the NBA. I respect his decision. That's his decision. As for myself, I'm here bc there is a chance I could come back."

"everyone here is getting better. You can't go through that workout and not get better."

Harris also said that CCM workout's are "NBA good".

Cuonzo Martin

Cuonzo says players transition is fine, "the shock will take place next fall, when you start playing games and minutes are involved."

due to NBA lockout uncertainty. "They’re really in the information stage as we speak," Cuonzo said of Scotty/Tobias.

Cuonzo said he has been impressed by Renaldo Woolridge. Renaldo has also been working with the wings.

Cuonzo said that Scotty hasn't made a decision, weighing his options.

From the one player who has taken the extra initiative to actually give 100%. If half of our lineup had the work ethic of Tobias, we wouldn't have had to rely on this:
williams_t607.jpg

Tobias without Scotty would be the best possible situation for next season.

Maybe so, but in the back of my mind I keep remembering how bad the team looked during that brief period of time during last season when Hopson was out with a sprained ankle. Tobias didn't do that effective a job carrying the team then.

But it's a new day now and a new coach. Tobias will be a year older too. We may get a chance to see what happens.

How could you be baffled by it? Nothing pisses fans off in any sport more than a player who plays with an apparent lack of effort, and giving consistent effort has seemed to be a chronic problem for Hopson his entire UT career. So unsurprisingly, there's a contingent of fans who detest Hopson and are eager to see him to leave. It's not like they hate his haircut.

I hate all of those qualities, and his hair.

Renaldo was one of the hardest working players on the team for the past two years. His problem was he made terrible decisions with the basketball...bad shots, bad passes, bad times to dribble.

He also tended to panic and do something weird at times. But, of course, every time he made a mistake Pearl would yank him out and ream him. Obviously that's no way to calm a jittery player down. The other weird thing about it is Pearl isn't known for benching a guy for mistakes. Usually he lets them play through them (see Scotty Hopson, for instance. Or JP Prince. Or Maze. Or Goins. Or Tatum. Or JaJuan.).

Just a doghouse thing, I guess.

I think many of Scotty's problems, though present have been hyped way out of proportion. The right coach could fix that. Scotty was overrated coming out of high school, and had extremely high expectations put upon him by our fanbase. He has struggled with being the star/big man on campus. Everyone I know who knows Scotty, says he is a nice guy. I'm not saying he's never been lazy, he probably has. But a good chunk of the "laziness" comes from a fear of failure. He is an attribute to the team big-time, and I'm surprised so many fans look forward to his departure.

i

I tip my hat to Tobias, he seems like a solid/mature/grounded young man, I respect him for staying on campus and working out with the team...if he grades out top 20, I guess he has to go to the NBA. I would love for him to stick around 1-2 more years and help build this team back up...I know we could use him...no matter I wish him all the best.

VN Store

Back