So Frank Wycheck just slammed CLK for having physical practice....

Every sports radio station and every one on the stations in Nashville is terrible. They do hate UT. That's why I don't listen to any of them any more. I moved to Nashville 5 years ago from Memphis and the sports talk in Memphis is the ONLY thing I miss.

One of these so called pet projects may have saved one of our pro franchises so im gratfeful for that.

Maybe so... but those people that he begged/guilt-tripped into buying season ticket packages for 1 season are not going to keep coming season after season. I enjoy going to Predators games, but I think the franchise is ultimately doomed in Nashville. Hockey tickets are waaaay too expensive with far too many games to expect casual southern fans to show much more support than they already have.

wow. angry and defensive much? sensitive topic for you or something? cause I'm pretty sure I didn't strike out at you like that

While I am a titans fan, I do put my like of any team i cheer for to the side when I look at or judge any kind of call like this. And since I was at that game, I have watched the replay over again multiple times cause of these arguments.

YouTube - An Argument Against Celebrating Early - Music City Miracle

If you watch through all the replays (don't stop after the first throw and the first one or two, b/c they don't get the good angles till near the end) the ball gets thrown across his body (not forward), the guy comes back to get it, and the ball stays on a straight line when it's thrown. It just goes straight sideways. Believe me, it's just a lateral - an inch or two to the right and it's a forward pass, but it didn't. It was just a lateral but still a lateral. If anything, Buffalo shouldn't have let themselves get caught with their pants down like that either.

Also, Wycheck's part of the 500 receptions club of tight ends that only includes Shannon Sharpe, Ozzie Newsome, Kellen Winslow, and Tony Gonzalez. Not too bad.

:scare:
There, now that that's all out of my system; two things:

1) what's 104.5? Is this a nashville station or something?

and

2) I for one don't care what frank wycheck has to say about the Vols. He's a maryland guy and an NFL player, but he really has no ties to this team other than living in the same state. Who cares what he has to say and why should we?

edit: and come on, the Cal play is awesome just simply for the guy belting the band member there at the end :)

One of my all-time favorite NFL memories. If anything, that ball went backwards by an inch or two. You have to watch Wychek's throwing motion and where the ball goes and forget about where Dyson's body was.

The Cal play was much more questionable to me.

Maybe so... but those people that he begged/guilt-tripped into buying season ticket packages for 1 season are not going to keep coming season after season. I enjoy going to Predators games, but I think the franchise is ultimately doomed in Nashville. Hockey tickets are waaaay too expensive with far too many games to expect casual southern fans to show much more support than they already have.
If the Preds can make it 5 more years they will be here to stay. The kids in Nashville are what gives me hope. The kids that are 13-14 have grown up going to hockey games and will buy season tickets when they get older and have jobs.

I staunchly disagree. It is still debated to this day, just like Gafney's no catch TD.

thats not a debate. its a fact.

it sounds to me like wycheck just wants some airtime or maybe his own show, so he takes the cliche "bash clk" route.

whatever though. i dont really care what anyone thinks, but i would have thought that someone who played a physical position like TE would appreciate contact.

And theyve been around about ten times longer. After all, Bills stands for Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.
Really? Longer? Do you disclaim the glory years of your beloved franchise while it was known as the Oilers? Hey, I am not a Bills fan, just saying both teams have nothing to be proud of as far as SBs go.

bigdaddy:

Wycheck is a tool. The only reason he is remembered is because of an illegal forward pass play that did not get called. He is just jumping on the bandwagon of haters. Like posted earlier, they are talking about us and that is all good. I bet if it gets to ESPN, we will see it on one of the pm shows

I also think that the Cal play was a bust, but whatever. I guess your little miracle got you all the way to one yard short of the first loser. So sorry. But look at it this way, you and the Bills are in the same boat. They just have like 3 more superbowl losses than titans.
Get over yourself dude. Wycheck's lateral and the Tennessee Titans have nothing to do with this thread. You're just a bitter Titans hater that can't accept an opinion that you don't agree with. You don't even debate. You just say the person is wrong and insult them. Go cry about the Titans on the Steelers, Ravens, Texans, Jaguars board etc. I don't know who you're a fan of but I'm sure it's one of those teams. Probably jumped all over the Steeler or Ravens bandwagon. For the record, you insult Wycheck and say nobody would know him if it wasn't for that one play. I will take his football knowledge over yours any day. At least people know who he is. Can you say the same for yourself?

While I may not agree with Frank Wycheck blasting Lane Kiffin... he can say whatever he likes and there is no reason for people to turn on him because of it. He was a good player and put together a nice career. Especially playing one of the more underrated positions. The guy has more knowledge than most of us about football. He has certainly earned the right to speak publicly. Shaun King, Quincy Carter and Jesse Palmer all find ways to get air time on ESPN. I can honestly say I'd listen to Frank over those guys.

I also think that the Cal play was a bust, but whatever. I guess your little miracle got you all the way to one yard short of the first loser. So sorry. But look at it this way, you and the Bills are in the same boat. They just have like 3 more superbowl losses than titans.

Nice try. I haven't heard anyone outside of Buffalo with an IQ over 70 debate the MCM call more than a month after it happened.

On the Cal-Stanford touchdown you can see clearly on film that one of the Cal return guys had his knee on the ground when he pitched. Had there been replay, the play would have been reversed.

The Wycheck lateral was broken down by NFL Films and adjusted for camera angles using a computer model. Not only was the ball not thrown forward, they actually measured that the ball went backwards by a couple of feet.

I'm a Titans fan, but that was a forward pass.

I disagree. There is a video of Titans coaches going over the replay and the ball clearly comes out of Wycheck's hand ahead of the line. Dyson goes backwards and Dyson's hands are behind the line when he catches it. To each there own. It was a hard call but I believe it was a lateral.

For the record. I have been a Bucs fan since 1980. Check the NFL forum. And it is a message board so I posted my opinion of a comment made by a self inflated former athlete. Titans fans get real pissy about the lateral/not lateral thing and it entertains me to see you guys get all fussy. Oh yes, I will never get over myself because I think I am awesome.

Its very understandable to not have physical practices in the NFL because you are dealing with guys who have proven themselves and need to worry about staying healthy much more than an 19 year old college athlete but I think physical practices in college is a necessity especially if you are coming on five wins

For the record. I have been a Bucs fan since 1980. Check the NFL forum. And it is a message board so I posted my opinion of a comment made by a self inflated former athlete. Titans fans get real pissy about the lateral/not lateral thing and it entertains me to see you guys get all fussy. Oh yes, I will never get over myself because I think I am awesome.

I've found no empirical evidence to the contrary BD.

Its very understandable to not have physical practices in the NFL because you are dealing with guys who have proven themselves and need to worry about staying healthy much more than an 19 year old college athlete but I think physical practices in college is a necessity especially if you are coming on five wins

Totally agree. FW was simply piling on in a situation he knew nothing about. It was a Helmet and shorts practice. Not a full blown scrimmage day one.

Wow. You have issues man and don't even realize the garbage you spew. You think Titans fans get "pissy" because you say it's not a lateral? I didn't care about that. It's how you blatantly insult the Titans while saying it.

I guess your little miracle got you all the way to one yard short of the first loser. So sorry. But look at it this way, you and the Bills are in the same boat. They just have like 3 more superbowl losses than titans.

If you think it's your comment about it not being a lateral that pisses Titans fans off then you need a brain.

There is a point to be made here....excessive contact in practice will lead to injuries that will take guys out for the season. It will happen over the course of the next several weeks.

I do recall Johnny M like to have physical preactices in Spring and Fall, he also lost several key players to season ending injuries. When Phil took over (ahem), he toned it done enough to ensure he had his starters in the lineup opening game. Early on, Phil got it right....but as we all know, the recent donut and beer break years did not pan out so well for Phil's troops.

I like the physical approach, but just know that this is going to take one or two key guys out over the next 4 weeks.

Thanks Velo...U are a big help

I don't usually care when media boobs attack CLK but when stupid, absurd, and moron are used I have to say something. I didn' mean that Brent was talking down to Frank, just that he was explaining the reason for the so called "physical" play. And whoever said Brent echoed what Frank said prior is wrong....Frank said this before Brent was on...And Brent didn' t agree with him....What Frank said was pointless and made zero sense....

I didn't here what Wycheck said..............but Hubbs did say that he didn't think the physical contact this early in practice was good due to our depth at certain positions!

Pushing the limits in physical prac may cause some injuries but how much worse can 7 losses be man. Injuries are going to happen, but a new coaching direction was needed if we expect wins. Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result is the def. of insanity

I am not saying I agree with what he said; just stating what he said was along the same lines as Wycheck's comments.:eek:k:

No such thing as a physically dangerous practice without pads, a high intensity with lot of things happening however is possible.

Frank's presentation this morning implied that Kiffin had the players actually doing contact drills even though they were not in pads. He admitted that he gathered this from the statements Kiffin made and not from a witnessed account of practice.

I think Frank read too much into Kiffin's words of a "physical" practice thinking it meant they were hitting without pads. If we were hitting at full speed without pads, that wouldn't be the smartest move in the world. But, I don't read Kiffin's statement and get the feeling that we're hitting without pads.

VN Store

Back