So Frank Wycheck just slammed CLK for having physical practice....

it was a lateral, but hey, whatever helps you sleep at night.
I also think that the Cal play was a bust, but whatever. I guess your little miracle got you all the way to one yard short of the first loser. So sorry. But look at it this way, you and the Bills are in the same boat. They just have like 3 more superbowl losses than titans.

I know this should just be ignored but I am so sick of the constant attacking....He said CLK was stupid and a moron for having physical practice already...He stressed how "dumb" it is....It just tears me up....So text them and let them know how much you hate this crap....The text number is 64636...Begin the text with the words "wake up" and then ur message...also put your name and location at the end....I forgot the # if you wanna call in...But I am sure someone on here has it.... This is on 104.5 out of Nashville by the way.

I heard it. And he sounded like an idiot...as usual. I give co host Kevin Ingram (an admitted UK fan) credit for calling him out on it afterwards, though, saying, "well, I guess your full fledged allegiance to Auburn is out now." Frank's kid goes to Auburn.

He has no business on the radio.

I am glad to see the early intensity--mostly for one reason: The Vols schedule is very heavily front-loaded, with nearly all the big games coming in the first half or so of the season, and then we tail off as always with easier opponents. I NEVER thought the Vols under Fulmer were ready to play florida, for example--for various reasons. So getting things in high gear early with this bunch is a good thing. The risk is that you burn the team out--and I'm certain that is a real risk. Every year, every team plays at least two or three games in which it looks "flat." That will happen with the Vols, of course--I just hope it's late in the year, when a flat performance can be overcome against a lesser opponent, and not early against a strong opponent, when it can't.

I think plaster is a jerk.
but 104.5 has 4 hours a week dedicated to vols fball. thats 3 more hours than vandy, thier flagship program.

how are they biased?

Well, I actually like Plaster ok. I've had beers with the guy. I also know that none of the talent likes UT, so that may be part of it. The last four or five times I've heard UT discussed on the program, it's been in a negative way. My e-mail to them wasn't harsh. I simply stated the way they come across seems biased to me. This morning Frank was on a tangent about the physical practice and said it was "stupid" and "absurd" and I thought he was over the line. It was really just the final straw after the last few times I heard the Vols discussed.

And I'm sure you heard the "4 hours of Vol football per week" from a reliable source (or the station itself), but I rarely hear it. I just wonder what time of the day that occurs?

Well, I actually like Plaster ok. I've had beers with the guy. I also know that none of the talent likes UT, so that may be part of it. The last four or five times I've heard UT discussed on the program, it's been in a negative way. My e-mail to them wasn't harsh. I simply stated the way they come across seems biased to me. This morning Frank was on a tangent about the physical practice and said it was "stupid" and "absurd" and I thought he was over the line. It was really just the final straw after the last few times I heard the Vols discussed.

And I'm sure you heard the "4 hours of Vol football per week" from a reliable source (or the station itself), but I rarely hear it. I just wonder what time of the day that occurs?
I dont disagree with you, i think they are hard on the vols too at times. I just think you take wycheck with a grain of salt. he is not a radio guy by trade, and he has a good idea of what he is talking about.

as far as thier coverage they have
big orange sunday

Brett Hubbs on Wends and another day i believe

Volnation hero Jimmy Hyams on Mon and Fri

They have clay travis on tuesday night for 3 hours, not dedicated to vol talk but talks about the vols quit a bit

they also have DM on fridays and saturdays

BTW I think they just read your email :)

I staunchly disagree. It is still debated to this day, just like Gafney's no catch TD.

Except for the fact that Gaffney's catch was never reviewed by officials (if I remember correctly). The Music City Miracle was reviewed and not overturned because of inconclusive evidence.

I also think that the Cal play was a bust, but whatever. I guess your little miracle got you all the way to one yard short of the first loser. So sorry. But look at it this way, you and the Bills are in the same boat. They just have like 3 more superbowl losses than titans.

wow. angry and defensive much? sensitive topic for you or something? cause I'm pretty sure I didn't strike out at you like that

While I am a titans fan, I do put my like of any team i cheer for to the side when I look at or judge any kind of call like this. And since I was at that game, I have watched the replay over again multiple times cause of these arguments.

YouTube - An Argument Against Celebrating Early - Music City Miracle

If you watch through all the replays (don't stop after the first throw and the first one or two, b/c they don't get the good angles till near the end) the ball gets thrown across his body (not forward), the guy comes back to get it, and the ball stays on a straight line when it's thrown. It just goes straight sideways. Believe me, it's just a lateral - an inch or two to the right and it's a forward pass, but it didn't. It was just a lateral but still a lateral. If anything, Buffalo shouldn't have let themselves get caught with their pants down like that either.

Also, Wycheck's part of the 500 receptions club of tight ends that only includes Shannon Sharpe, Ozzie Newsome, Kellen Winslow, and Tony Gonzalez. Not too bad.

:scare:
There, now that that's all out of my system; two things:

1) what's 104.5? Is this a nashville station or something?

and

2) I for one don't care what frank wycheck has to say about the Vols. He's a maryland guy and an NFL player, but he really has no ties to this team other than living in the same state. Who cares what he has to say and why should we?

edit: and come on, the Cal play is awesome just simply for the guy belting the band member there at the end :)

Last edited:
I staunchly disagree. It is still debated to this day, just like Gafney's no catch TD.

Oh forgot one last thing. Agree on Gafney's no TD catch. The NFL had a similar call on a play in a Bills game (either TD or 2PT conversion) where the guy kinda flung it out / dropped it quickly. They went to the instant replay, reviewed it, and called it incomplete like it was supposed to be.

Problem w/ the gafney thing was that at that point in college football, there was no instant replay. So essentially any play in the endzone was whatever the first call the ref makes was. Had there been review and it was looked at, it would probably have been overturned. But it wasn't there so, you had to go with what the ref said :dry::pinch:

How else are we going to seperate the rocks from all the jelly-asses?

Last edited:
615.737.1045 is the station number.
They interviewed Brent Hubbs prior to the Wycheck comments and Hubbs was saying the same things.

Hubbs also said the quarterback play yesterday was awful; and that Oku was the stand out RB during practice.

104.5 is a joke I quit listning to them as soon as I got sirius. I used to halfway like the morning show but couldn't stand Plaster in the afternoon it is all Preds, Titans and Vandy not to mention Plaster's pet projects. Get sirius and listen to Rivals radio it's much better.

gotta remember they are in nashville guys! they have to be pro vandy!

so 104.5 is in nashville. well then of course, that all makes more sense. that's vandy country (even when vandy's awful). Of course they're not going to say anything good about us

I think plaster is a jerk.
but 104.5 has 4 hours a week dedicated to vols fball. thats 3 more hours than vandy, thier flagship program.

how are they biased?

They are biased b/c their 3 top, drive-time personalities (Mark Howard, Frank Wycheck, George Plaster) are all anti-UT. And if you listen to the zone often, you hear their UT attacks almost everyday, accompanied by constant praise of Vanderbilt. It's sickening.

Frankie is just trying to get everyone going. He loves to do that. He's great to listen to when they're on NFL topics. He adds great insight with good humor. As far as the CLK having too physical of a practice, they were in shorts and helmets. It was not like EB knocked BB out of practice.

They are biased b/c their 3 top, drive-time personalities (Mark Howard, Frank Wycheck, George Plaster) are all anti-UT. And if you listen to the zone often, you hear their UT attacks almost everyday, accompanied by constant praise of Vanderbilt. It's sickening.

They are not all anti-UT. They are like this:
Howard's an idiot
Wycheck could care less about the college game
Plaster's an Vandy man but gives everyone a fair shake. That includes MTSU, TSU, Vandy, UT...

104.5 is a joke I quit listning to them as soon as I got sirius. I used to halfway like the morning show but couldn't stand Plaster in the afternoon it is all Preds, Titans and Vandy not to mention Plaster's pet projects. Get sirius and listen to Rivals radio it's much better.

Spot-on about Plaster. It really is like they choose to ignore the fact that UT is still the most popular sports team in their broadcasting area.

Also the pet projects kill me with him... I mean I understand doing some good for the community, but it's always something w/ him. It always takes up a whole show for an event like a Vandy season tickets drive or Vandy alumni golf tournament.

Spot-on about Plaster. It really is like they choose to ignore the fact that UT is still the most popular sports team in their broadcasting area.

Also the pet projects kill me with him... I mean I understand doing some good for the community, but it's always something w/ him. It always takes up a whole show for an event like a Vandy season tickets drive or Vandy alumni golf tournament.

One of these so called pet projects may have saved one of our pro franchises so im gratfeful for that.

Thanks Velo...U are a big help

I don't usually care when media boobs attack CLK but when stupid, absurd, and moron are used I have to say something. I didn' mean that Brent was talking down to Frank, just that he was explaining the reason for the so called "physical" play. And whoever said Brent echoed what Frank said prior is wrong....Frank said this before Brent was on...And Brent didn' t agree with him....What Frank said was pointless and made zero sense....

So I am done with him....Titan or not.

And theyve been around about ten times longer. After all, Bills stands for Boy I Love Losing Superbowls.

physical practices are needed although you can't be surprised when your team ends up with more injuries than other teams, that is if other teams are taking a more conservative approach to pre season practices. Mainly, you just have to keep an eye on the positions that you are thin at, and monitor them a little closer.

VN Store

Back