So, does MSU have a chance

Great win for the Bulldogs! Great coaching job as well! Man, Morgan Williams is clutch!
They beat Baylor, now the Beat UConn,
Heck yeah I'm rooting and pulling for
Mississippi State!!!
Calling in sick Sunday just to be able to watch the game!

Reactions: 1 person
this thread proves that games are won by players on the Court, not by expert boarders behind a keyboard !

Reactions: 5 people
this game proves you still need to be a good coach to coach at this level. Coach Vic strategy was superb throughout the game. And without his star player in OT!

Reactions: 4 people
this game proves you still need to be a good coach to coach at this level. Coach Vic strategy was superb throughout the game. And without his star player in OT!

He completely neutralized UConn's strengths by slowing the game down and clogging up the passing lanes. That was a masterful defensive effort to hold UConn to only 64 points in overtime.

I do think UConn's sophomore stars had that deer in headlights look, especially Napheesa. Looks like the moment overwhelmed her, and that played into MSU's hands.

Reactions: 4 people
MSU will have all their stars back next yr. Should be interesting in the SEC.

They lose Dillingham and Richardson... huge losses, especially on defense. Okorie and Chapel will also be missed with the size and depth they provide.

If their young bench post players improve, they should be right back in the thick of things.

He completely neutralized UConn's strengths by slowing the game down and clogging up the passing lanes. That was a masterful defensive effort to hold UConn to only 64 points in overtime.

I do think UConn's sophomore stars had that deer in headlights look, especially Napheesa. Looks like the moment overwhelmed her, and that played into MSU's hands.

Exactly right .Defense and tempo won this game.Miss state ran the possession clock down to less than 5 seconds almost every possession.That and the shut down defense really frustrated UCONN.Keeping the pressure on them with a close game finally paid dividends ....UCONN felt that pressure of a close game in the 4th quarter and overtime and succumbed to it .

I think the full court man to man will cause problems for uconn because they don't have a true point guard & no player that can kill opposing teams with quickness.

I told y'all that the pressure man to man would cause problems for uconn, they had 17 turnovers. Uconn never could get into a offensive flow because Gabby Williams basically had to bring the ball up the court every possession.

They lose Dillingham and Richardson... huge losses, especially on defense. Okorie and Chapel will also be missed with the size and depth they provide.

If their young bench post players improve, they should be right back in the thick of things.

Yeah, and their recruiting class is all guards (one small 5-star point guard, two 3-star guards with size). It'll be interesting to see what their rotation looks like graduating all those bigs.

Napheesa was out of sorts all game and Geno not-so-subtly called her out on it after the game.

Did you see CVS on the sidelines orchestrating his players? He was glued in Totally involved. Not just standing there with his hands on his hips. :eek:k:

Exactly right .Defense and tempo won this game.Miss state ran the possession clock down to less than 5 seconds almost every possession.That and the shut down defense really frustrated UCONN.Keeping the pressure on them with a close game finally paid dividends ....UCONN felt that pressure of a close game in the 4th quarter and overtime and succumbed to it .

Yeah another key is MSU never gave Uconn a chance to go on one of those backbreaking runs they are use to.

Napheesa was out of sorts all game and Geno not-so-subtly called her out on it after the game.[/Quote

He's been on her all yr. I think it was too much for her to handle. She will be back . I finally think the women's game has again that balance again. If Diamond comes back we should no doubt be a FF contending team.

Yeah, and their recruiting class is all guards (one small 5-star point guard, two 3-star guards with size). It'll be interesting to see what their rotation looks like graduating all those bigs.

They have 2 freshmen posts with size on the bench that looked good in limited playing time. Ameysha Williams is long and athletic, and will probably replace Richardson in the starting lineup. Zion Campbell isn't as big as Okorie, but should be able to spell Teaira for 10-15 minutes a game.

Dillingham's defensive prowess is what they will miss the most, IMO.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back