Snowboarding/Skiing/Trips/and all things snowsports thread

Heading out early AM and hopefully on Vail slopes @ 12:30. Looks like a foot or so of fresh powder today thru tomorrow night and quite a bit the last week. They were worried about snow a few weeks ago.

Heading out early AM and hopefully on Vail slopes @ 12:30. Looks like a foot or so of fresh powder today thru tomorrow night and quite a bit the last week. They were worried about snow a few weeks ago.

Wish I was going. Have a fun and safe trip.

I'm not taking the kids girl. This is 7 40 somethings going to eat some baked goods and look out at the world around us from as high as we can go on the mountain.

I was talking to the poster salute lol. You're still a good dad tho. Lol. Im Sure this trip is a cover for one of those infamous swinger sex toy parties you brag about

Leaving today from Heavenly Valley. Unfortunately they've had only very limited snowfall the last 30 days or so, but they did a great job of getting quite a few of the longer runs prepared with a reasonable base. On the bright side, skiing when it's 40+ degrees isn't all bad, and ended up winning over $300 last night playing blackjack for a few ours of free entertainment and drinks.

Pic of my wife and daughter with Lake Tahoe in the background.
Heavenly.jpg

Leaving today from Heavenly Valley. Unfortunately they've had only very limited snowfall the last 30 days or so, but they did a great job of getting quite a few of the longer runs prepared with a reasonable base. On the bright side, skiing when it's 40+ degrees isn't all bad, and ended up winning over $300 last night playing blackjack for a few ours of free entertainment and drinks.

Pic of my wife and daughter with Lake Tahoe in the background.
View attachment 72607

Awesome. Next pic you post should be a selfie while do a 360 helicopter jump.

never been to Tahoe but its on the list. Its been a really slow snow season so far. Stupid high pressure system won't move.

Well been an interesting trip. Friday was snowing hard with winds up to 50 mph and we couldn't see squat. Yesterday was called one of the best skiing days Vail has had in awhile and I ended up having to get rescued. Was stuck in waist deep snow for an hour and a half. Somebody finally heard me and ski rescue got me out.
I was just trying to cut through some trees to another run. I saw a track of skiis and tried to follow. Got about halfway through and went down @ 2 feet. Couldn't move. For those of you that are ski dummies like me, don't take your skiis off in that situation. I did and thought I could just try to walk through it. I sank like the titanic and was flat out stuck and to my left gets deeper. I admit, I panicked a little. Not a good feeling. And I couldn't get in earshot of getting help. Luckily some dude fell near the trees and I yelled at him.
At any rate, I'm having to make noises as they come through the trees to find me. I apologized. I was down to my UT hoodie and the one guy says, well, since you gave us Peyton manning, I guess we'll help you out.
So, I learned:
-stay out of trees after a big snow
-don't take off your skiis
-don't trust ski tracks. Dude told me they were probably from a 50lb kid.
Best part is my friend from new York has been going "help me please, help me!" in a bad southern accent imitating me.
1-2 feet of new snow today in a big storm. My skiing is officially over for this trip. Though I busted goggles with a faceplant Friday and had to be rescued yesterday, I'm orthopedically intact and have had a blast.

Well been an interesting trip. Friday was snowing hard with winds up to 50 mph and we couldn't see squat. Yesterday was called one of the best skiing days Vail has had in awhile and I ended up having to get rescued. Was stuck in waist deep snow for an hour and a half. Somebody finally heard me and ski rescue got me out.
I was just trying to cut through some trees to another run. I saw a track of skiis and tried to follow. Got about halfway through and went down @ 2 feet. Couldn't move. For those of you that are ski dummies like me, don't take your skiis off in that situation. I did and thought I could just try to walk through it. I sank like the titanic and was flat out stuck and to my left gets deeper. I admit, I panicked a little. Not a good feeling. And I couldn't get in earshot of getting help. Luckily some dude fell near the trees and I yelled at him.
At any rate, I'm having to make noises as they come through the trees to find me. I apologized. I was down to my UT hoodie and the one guy says, well, since you gave us Peyton manning, I guess we'll help you out.
So, I learned:
-stay out of trees after a big snow
-don't take off your skiis
-don't trust ski tracks. Dude told me they were probably from a 50lb kid.
Best part is my friend from new York has been going "help me please, help me!" in a bad southern accent imitating me.
1-2 feet of new snow today in a big storm. My skiing is officially over for this trip. Though I busted goggles with a faceplant Friday and had to be rescued yesterday, I'm orthopedically intact and have had a blast.

an hour and a half is a long time
glad it worked out

Per usual my ski curse follows me. No snow for ten to fifteen days in Jackson hole.

I went to Beech Mountain Tue & Wen. They got 8" of fresh powder. It was great except for the snow machines still running the next day!!!

Went to Sugar. Had a blast. Bitter cold kept the crowds down. Great conditions (for NC), but again, snow guns...all day.

I'm in Winterplace, and conditions are great. It is cold, though! Taking a break to watch the game and rest the legs.

VN Store

Back