Smith and Solomon starting status for The opener.

Will Smith and Solomon start the opener?

• Both will start

Votes: 103 29.9%
  • Neither will start

Votes: 122 35.4%
  • Smith yes, Solomon no.

Votes: 49 14.2%
  • Solomon yes, Smith no.

Votes: 71 20.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been asked to pole our fan base for predictions.
CJP just said they are still waiting to hear any day now from the NCAA concerning Solomon’s eligibility this season.
CJP also said that Smith is practicing with the first team OL but doing no contact work.

So, what say you VolNation, will either and or both play in the opener?

That better be one big ass pole!

Reactions: TVA
Oh I certainly understand giving out the reps. But I was thinking that you obviously want your lines to gel, so one would think the starters would practice together and they would bump Trey down to the 2nd or third lines if they just want to get him reps. That's my hope!!!! Trying to be optimistic!!!!

Yea I just threw that out there in case you didn't see it.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Pruitt...
Except there's this in the writeup from Day 2 practice:
"At offensive line on day No. 2, the players went through the normal drills with the first lineup, from left to right, consisting of Wanya Morris, Trey Smith, Brandon Kennedy, Jerome Carvin, and Marcus Tatum. The second group to go through drills was Jahmir Johnson, Trey Smith, Ryan Johnson, K’Rojhn Calbert, and Darnell Wright."

It's either a typo or Trey is getting more reps.

Reactions: VFFL@THE BEACH
Honest question: Would Smith be getting so many reps in practice (I know mostly without contact) if the coaches didn't think he would be cleared? Why wouldn't they give someone else the experience?

High hopes for a miracle. And him being out there in practice situations is an inspiration to the other OL players. He is pushing others to improve.

I would hope he can play again too. But this diagnosis? Blood clots in the lungs? Our hopes are just more of a pipe dream wish. If you know a doctor or two, let them explain the possibilities to you over coffee. Let them tell you the high risks and the bad possibilities.

Last I heard, there was no mostly without contact. I heard zero contact.

High hopes for a miracle. And him being out there in practice situations is an inspiration to the other OL players. He is pushing others to improve.

I would hope he can play again too. But this diagnosis? Blood clots in the lungs? Our hopes are just more of a pipe dream wish. If you know a doctor or two, let them explain the possibilities to you over coffee. Let them tell you the high risks and the bad possibilities.

Last I heard, there was no mostly without contact. I heard zero contact.
Did you see this from Simonton yesterday?
"Trey Smith did a little more contact in full five-man line drills today. It looks like they’re slowly bringing him along. Yesterday he was hitting a pad and today he was engaging with another lineman."

Reactions: Remy
Would like to hear how optimistic they are about Solomon being declared eligible?

"Trey Smith did a little more contact in full five-man line drills today. It looks like they’re slowly bringing him along. Yesterday he was hitting a pad and today he was engaging with another lineman."
I'll be honest: I am shocked, and I certainly hope he proves most of us wrong, who never thought he'd play again. (Of course, only if it is not a significant risk to his life)

Reactions: vols40

First I had heard that. Still, I doubt he plays. Of all the conditions a player might have, this one scares me the most.

Reactions: Titan05
Once these guys suit up for Game 1, you will all be blinded by the light, wrapped up like a douche in the middle of the night.
I'm sure I'm just missing the sarcasm, but you meant revved up like a duece , another runner in the night ;D

I don't think Smith will start, but may get in for a few plays to knock the rust off. Solomon, who the He.l knows with the way the NCAA does things. If his wavier is approved then I thin he will start.

VN Store

Back