SIAP Black Uniforms

Hrm....the black uniforms really bothered my dad but that was mostly because he really hated Kiffin and kept talking about how Kiffin wanted to make black jerseys permenant, how he didn't respect out traditions and so forth.

Kiffin didn't respect our traditions so I tend to agree with my dad in this but I was at the game where they had the black jerseys and I thought it was pretty neat. It was nice because it was Halloween but I wouldn't want to do the black all the time, once a year wouldn't be bad.

The problem is that the black jerseys are now "tainted" for some people. I remember being at the bookstore and a kid was holding up a black jersey and his grandfather (I think) said "No way, that's Kiffin's crap" so I could see why some people wouldn't want the black jersey's right now. The wounds are still too fresh.

I think it would be best though if Dooley focuses on making his own trademark as opposed to recycling someone else's

I want the over-sized numbers back

display_image.jpg

I want the over-sized numbers back

display_image.jpg

H3LL YEAH......I hate the skinny #'s and tiny letters on the current uniforms.....the new Adidas uniform material blows......it looks like orange and white seran wrap wrapped around pads.

I loved the black uni's and I would love to see them again some day. Not as a full time uniform, but a special thing for halloween home games or something like that.

I personally like the black. No not for every game. I want to see a better jersey if we do black again though. Those looked very cheesy. Almost looked like a practice jersey. Although if we dont get black I would really love to see us get matching uniforms color wise. It really pissed me off to see the helmets, shirts, and pants all have diff shades of orange. We looked like a peewee league. If thats the best Addias can do then we need a change.

I guess I just don't understand people's obsession with jumping on this black jersey bandwagon. It's not like we're on the cutting edge with some brilliant innovation, in fact we're pretty much the last one's to the party on this. Also, the black jerseys were flat out hideous. It looks fine when UGA does it, but black is one of their primary colors. I bet when people turned on that USCjr game in '09, most of the non-UT fans didn't even know what team they were seeing at first. It was just too much of a departure from what UT football has always (at least in everyone on this board's memory) looked like IMO.

How many of the other long standing college football powers have reduced themselves to this type of gimmick? Has Alabama? Michigan? Penn St? Texas? Nebraska? Oklahoma? USC? No, they never have. They all have long since established what their "brand" looks like, and continue to stick with it year after year after year. UT should be above these silly gimmick uniforms if you ask me. Leave that nonsense to Oregon.

Those black jerseys two years ago looked bush league. White helmets, black jerseys, and orange pants. It looked like my 10 year old nephew designed his own uniform on NCAA 2011. I really don't give a damn what color they play in, as long as it doesn't look like it came 'off the rack' from Super Walmart.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

A long time ago, photographs were in black and white. That's probably why.

The reason they wore Black uni's back in the day is because those teams were student lead and the university had yet to choice its official colors. I did like the black jerseys a lot, and think that we should wear them a bit more often, but maybe not an every year thing.

I guess I just don't understand people's obsession with jumping on this black jersey bandwagon. It's not like we're on the cutting edge with some brilliant innovation, in fact we're pretty much the last one's to the party on this. Also, the black jerseys were flat out hideous. It looks fine when UGA does it, but black is one of their primary colors. I bet when people turned on that USCjr game in '09, most of the non-UT fans didn't even know what team they were seeing at first. It was just too much of a departure from what UT football has always (at least in everyone on this board's memory) looked like IMO.

How many of the other long standing college football powers have reduced themselves to this type of gimmick? Has Alabama? Michigan? Penn St? Texas? Nebraska? Oklahoma? USC? No, they never have. They all have long since established what their "brand" looks like, and continue to stick with it year after year after year. UT should be above these silly gimmick uniforms if you ask me. Leave that nonsense to Oregon.

This times a billion. How many freakin teams now use a "black jersey" as an alternate? The answer, way too many. It's about the most unorginal and cliched thing you can do now. I fail to see the obsession.

Oh man, it's about time we got down to discussing whether black would be a good uni color. A+ thread, imo.

We should make the Black Jerseys an every 2 year tradition Vs. SCjr at home.

But at the same time I don't want to give them anything to make them feel important...so scratch that.

We should make the Black Jerseys an every 2 year tradition Vs. SCjr at home.

But at the same time I don't want to give them anything to make them feel important...so scratch that.
Maybe we could say it's a Halloween thing? I think they're the only team we play every year that absolutely no one considers a rivalry.

Black and orange with a jack o lantern face in place of the T once a year.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Hrm....the black uniforms really bothered my dad but that was mostly because he really hated Kiffin and kept talking about how Kiffin wanted to make black jerseys permenant, how he didn't respect out traditions and so forth.

Kiffin didn't respect our traditions so I tend to agree with my dad in this but I was at the game where they had the black jerseys and I thought it was pretty neat. It was nice because it was Halloween but I wouldn't want to do the black all the time, once a year wouldn't be bad.

The problem is that the black jerseys are now "tainted" for some people. I remember being at the bookstore and a kid was holding up a black jersey and his grandfather (I think) said "No way, that's Kiffin's crap" so I could see why some people wouldn't want the black jersey's right now. The wounds are still too fresh.

I think it would be best though if Dooley focuses on making his own trademark as opposed to recycling someone else's

That's too bad considering it was the players who took the idea to Mike Hamilton...

VN Store

Back