SIAP Black Uniforms

Volz2ThaWall

So I saw Illustrations of every UT uniform in chronological order and saw the first two were black and orange. It just made me wonder why so many feel that black uni's are not traditional when they were the first uni's we had.

Compare how long we wore primarily black with how long we've been wearing primarily orange. The primary orange look has been around long enough to become a staple of UT football.

This thread will most assuredly be productive.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Well there is no doubt about that, I'm just saying whenever it is brought up so many like to say we're just trying to copy uga. I know the Orange will always be our color and I love it, but people act like black was never apart of our colors. Personally I'm younger and I love the black uni's would much rather black helmets with them tho, but for a annual halloween game kinda thing would be a nice tradition to start.

Funny some people just seem offended by the idea of a black uniform. Idk I just feel a change every now an then is healthy and keeps the fans into it, like how we switched back to the orange pants the past 2 years. Just nice to see something different after a while.

The official school colors are orange and white. That's probably why.

So, the first jerseys being black were because they couldn't read way back then?

(Wonder if it was because they could make black look cleaner than white? Were we still beating them on rocks on the bank of the river?...library had seven books, none on soap)

Again I'm not saying no more orange and white, simply just use a black uniform once a year, players love it and the majority of open minded fans like it to.

I wouldn't mind some black accents in them. Kind of like the basketball jerseys this year have a little more black than usual

So I saw Illustrations of every UT uniform in chronological order and saw the first two were black and orange. It just made me wonder why so many feel that black uni's are not traditional when they were the first uni's we had.

Where did you see these unis? It would be cool to see the evolution.

How about killing some indians at halftime to celebrate Horseshoe Bend.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

is because all of the old people at the beginning of the last century that wanted us to wear black died and we took over. Whenever we are gone you can wear pink and purple and we will not care.

In the mean time, Go Big Orange and like it!

fasnuki

I like the idea of once a year......no more than that though

another black jersey thread. Must be the offseason

Dooley doesn't want them so it makes no difference.

another black jersey thread. Must be the offseason

Dooley doesn't want them so it makes no difference.
Has he said that? Not doubting you, I just don't remember.

I think they are cool alternates to wear every now and then.

Has he said that? Not doubting you, I just don't remember.

I think they are cool alternates to wear every now and then.

I don't think CDD has but deerpark said alternates have been brought to him and he turned them down for more traditional uniforms.

Dooley never said he didn't want them, he said they had more important things to worry about at the time.

Funny some people just seem offended by the idea of a black uniform. Idk I just feel a change every now an then is healthy and keeps the fans into it, like how we switched back to the orange pants the past 2 years. Just nice to see something different after a while.

it's cuz they're racist

VN Store

Back