SI: Urban Meyer to USC

We are getting a proven winner coach with a national championship pedigree once Pruitt is gone

Yep forgot about the Patterson miss..... That was extremely huge in causing this mess we are in...... I’m not fretting missing on Leach.
The biggest turning points since the program started to decline are 1) the chance to hire Patterson instead of Kiffin after Phil was fired and 2) the chance to either hire Cut or appoint an interim for the 2010 season and have a chance to conduct a year-long, normal coaching search after Kiffin left. "They" made the wrong call both times, and we've been paying for it ever since.

I think Patterson could have been a great coach here, and Cut would not have been a home run hire by any stretch but undoubtedly would have been better than Dooley.

Reactions: troopervol
Clearly, and I think UT is now the poster child of how not to do it. Just pay for quality on the front end and avoid the misery of the “hope and pray” method.

Unfortunately, I don't believe that the administration will EVER figure this out.

The biggest turning points since the program started to decline are 1) the chance to hire Patterson instead of Kiffin after Phil was fired and 2) the chance to either hire Cut or appoint an interim for the 2010 season and have a chance to conduct a year-long, normal coaching search after Kiffin left. "They" made the wrong call both times, and we've been paying for it ever since.

I think Patterson could have been a great coach here, and Cut would not have been a home run hire by any stretch but undoubtedly would have been better than Dooley.
Yeah Dooley was ridiculous

We are getting a proven winner coach with a national championship pedigree once Pruitt is gone
there are five of those. two of them came out of retirement this year.
one is making a guaranteed 75 million. and then you have Dabo and Saban.

who we poaching?

The man has a cyst on his brain.... He has had for years, and that is a fact, no matter what you say or think.. He has an AD assistants job at OSU and from what I've read on other sites there is a chance they might make him AD, which would be perfect for him as he will still be associated with the football program and his job with Fox. Him and his family love Columbus and all their roots are in Ohio. Sure, there is always a chance he might coach again, especially at his age, but why sacrifice his health when he has so much to look forward in the future. Don't see it happening.

Yep forgot about the Patterson miss..... That was extremely huge in causing this mess we are in...... I’m not fretting missing on Leach.

Kyle Whittingham was ready, David Blackburn had it ready and Charlie Anderson nixed it for Derek Dooley! lol

Urban Meyer is like a fly on doo doo. There is something wrong with him. It's not like he leaves for raises. He gets to a certain point --- something, something, something --- retires, and then takes another job.

Something is not right with him.

How long until he has more heart problems or wants to watch his grandkids play volleyball?

Meyer is a short-term bet. If I'm looking for a long-term solution for my program, he wouldn't be on my A list.

Reactions: VolNExile

VN Store

Back