SI: Urban Meyer to USC

Lulz...apparently the truth is considered sour grapes in your world.

In mine, sour grapes is someone suggesting Meyer is not home run hire despite his on the field success.

As bad as UT has been, Florida also hasn't been Florida for about 10 years now.

College Football was at it's best when UT and UF we're both top 5 teams.

I mean why would it be? Arguably the best coaching job in America is about to open and one of the greatest coaches of all time is out of work.

I wasn’t insinuating anything. Was just asking because I haven’t been following. For all I knew, they could’ve made a coaching change already or he could’ve shot it down.

If I were Meyer and I had walked away twice because the pressure was too much, I’d go to a place like Vanderbilt. Great town. Good recruiting base. Good money. Low expectations. The David Cutcluffe route, if you will.

The rumor is BS. Urban is still living it up at Muirfield Village and just opened his first restaurant in Dublin, Ohio. Shelly also loves being the toast of Central Ohio. She's one of the few "Chillicothe girl does good" stories.

Lulz...apparently the truth is considered sour grapes in your world.

In mine, sour grapes is someone suggesting Meyer is not home run hire despite his on the field success.
You don't know what it is like to lose a lot.

He left you hanging. Sour grapes.

As bad as UT has been, Florida also hasn't been Florida for about 10 years now.

College Football was at it's best when UT and UF we're both top 5 teams.
Oh good grief. Florida sucked donkey balls from the beginning of time until Steve Spurrier arrived on the scene. I'd love to see them get back to 'what Florida once was'.

Yeah, no.

He left us with two national titles in six seasons.

By the time it was time for him to leave, we were ready for him to leave.
Arrogance at it's finest. I would love nothing other than for FU to go thru what we have been going thru. I would probably open an account on SwampGas just to rub it in daily.

Wow.... two NCs and you wanted him gone. You are FOS.

I actually don’t think he’s fos. Yes he had won two national titles but the locker room was a complete mess. He had lost control and the players were pretty much running the program at that point. Muschamp even alluded to that at the press conference when he was fired. Saying something like “the locker room is in a lot better shape than when I got here.”

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I actually don’t think he’s fos. Yes he had won two national titles but the locker room was a complete mess. He had list control and The players were pretty much running the program at that point. Muschamp even alluded to that at the press conference when he was fired. Saying something like “they locker room is a a lot better shape than when I got here.”

At least someone here gets it....

Meyer all but quit during the 2010 season, leaving most of the heavy lifting to Steve Addazio.

The locker room was a mess. Our “all world” 2010 recruiting class was feuding with the upperclassmen all year.

Meyer was no show at meetings and several media obligations, leaving assistant coaches to do the weekly call-in shows and press conferences with little notice, or no notice at all.

The program was a dumpster fire...by UF standards. ;)
(Looking at you SpaceCoast...it could have been worse right?)

Throw in Meyer’s “health“ issues, which were a byproduct of his infidelity, and it was time for him to leave.

But sure, I‘m FOS for wanting Meyer gone when it was clear he didn’t want to be there.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolsSportsFan
I don’t think you know what “sour grapes” are; what LW posted isn’t remotely “sour grapes”.

He obviously doesn’t know.

But let’s not lose sight of what’s important...UF sucked before 1990.

Now...pointing this out twice in the same thread, thirty years removed from when we sucked, and after losing 23 of 30 to UF since that time....welp, some folks would consider a post like that to be sour grapes.

He obviously doesn’t know.

But let’s not lose sight of what’s important...UF sucked before 1990.

Now...pointing this out twice in the same thread, thirty years removed from when we sucked, and after losing 23 of 30 to UF since that time....welp, some folks would consider a post like that to be sour grapes.

Saying UF sucked before Spurrier was cool in like 2002. In 2019 it’s kind of lost its luster.

Meyer wasn’t unanimously considered a home run hire in 2004. We also weren’t aware of his flaws back then.

Now we know...he’s a great coach with no shortage of baggage.
I think it was unanimous he was a fantastic coach and a home run. The way i remember it the people doubting were doubting that offense against SEC defenses. Many thought he might have to evolve and he would succeed.

I think it was unanimous he was a fantastic coach and a home run. The way i remember it the people doubting were doubting that offense against SEC defenses. Many thought he might have to evolve and he would succeed.

Meyer was the best available candidate at the time without question.

But there were no shortage of doubters on whether or not his spread offense would succeed against SEC defenses.

Last edited:
Reactions: DeepSpringsVol

VN Store

Back