Should we be SEC East favorites?

Should we be SEC East favorites in 2015?

• Total voters
So which is it? You are bothered or you aren't? Last time we locked horns you assured me that you weren't bothered... now you are.

So 1) you have not cited a specific source and 2) you are still trying to argue a point different from the one in the OP.

You also have a habit of attempting to deflect and personalize things rather than just saying "Oh, I was wrong" or saying nothing at all.

So you post this full of angst while saying that you are not annoyed but are annoyed... and without having read to see what my opinion is?

What is going to change? Spring practice is only a part of the off-season development that goes on. While it stinks to have several guys not participating, it provides opportunities to build the "depth" that you and others complain UT doesn't have. This team will be more mature, more talented, and more developed than any in the past several seasons. At the same time, UGA replaces their QB and plays Bama/Aub, UF goes through a coaching change, Mizzou has big time talent losses, USCe is still struggling,.... so the door is wide open.

Yes.

I also mentioned a study someone had a few seasons back that showed a returning QB was worth wins. UGA also plays Aub and Bama this year which will be penciled in by most as losses. They will have to run the East to win it. I am not sure UT should be "favored" but I would say they are one of two teams with the best shot of winning it.... and would lean that way right now just based on UGA's schedule and the unlikelihood that the other 5 have enough horsepower.

YOU did not READ the OP or if you did you decided to answer a different question... and you are someone to be complaining about someone else throwing "insults".

Sorry for delayed response, I have been on vacation.

1. There is a difference between my "feelings" being hurt and recognizing that someone is annoying. I will assume you know this and are just trying to be argumentative.

2.ESPN too early rankings for one, if you want more look it up.

3. "saying nothing at all"? You responded to my post.

4. Of course we will improve in the off season just like the other teams. We will not make a jump IMO, until a game is played. And of course we will be better off than we have in a few seasons, everyone has said that. That doesn't mean we are granted #1 east standing. After a team has been down, most services (and myself) are going to have to see results before favoring us.

5. No, I didn't respond directly to the OP. Nor did I claim to, I did not use quote. Maybe you missed that part. I scanned several posts and gave an overall response regarding the entire conversation. Your entire attack on my answer seemed to be based on the direct response premise but I don't expect you to admit as much.

6. Insults - yes I tried, as of recent, to show you what it looks like when someone resorts to that method instead of debating with diplomacy. Most of our discussions have not been about difference in wins etc. but your lack of respect when speaking to others of a different opinion. I have conceded, if you truly are older than 20, you most likely will not put forth the effort to be any other way. WTS, I will not be questioning your style anymore.

You once said this was an "escape" for you. I suggested it was for many of us. I used to love to hang out at sports bars and just talk football with the guys. Now with wife and kids, this is as close as I get most of the time. In person, guys didn't insult or look down upon others.... or if they did, it didn't last long. However, that is the disadvantage to this otherwise great venue. Internet tough guys and keyboard cowboys are something I will just learn to overlook.

Think, like so many, that Vols have a real shot at it this year....However, thought it interesting to consider who will be the consensus last place team in the SEC east...Of course, Most everyone will pick Vandy....Found on the Middle Tennessee Rivals site that Vandy will serve as the homecoming opponent for the Blue Raiders...How the mighty Franklin train has wrecked.. ....Hope Vandy stays on the bottom of everything forever.....

We haven't beat UF in 10 years, UGA in 5, AL in 8, MO in 3 and Arkansas is a tough west draw. We have a very talented team, but our depth is shaky, and a few injuries could throw us way off track. No, we shouldn't be favored to win the east. If we catch a few breaks and don't catch the injury bug, we SHOULD win the east, but we should not be favored going into it. That would be UGA or Mizzou.

6. Insults - yes I tried, as of recent, to show you what it looks like when someone resorts to that method instead of debating with diplomacy.
Oh, how magnanimous of you.

Most of our discussions have not been about difference in wins etc. but your lack of respect when speaking to others of a different opinion.
And yet, I can have a civil conversation with pretty much anyone here until they start doing the stuff you and MedicT have done.

I don't hold grudges and have had some VERY respectful and productive conversations with people here recently who I've gone a round or two with.

It isn't realistic to expect either of you guys to acknowledge your own behavior... but how I treat you in the future isn't contingent on that- just how you engage me in the future.

You once said this was an "escape" for you. I suggested it was for many of us. I used to love to hang out at sports bars and just talk football with the guys. Now with wife and kids, this is as close as I get most of the time. In person, guys didn't insult or look down upon others.... or if they did, it didn't last long. However, that is the disadvantage to this otherwise great venue. Internet tough guys and keyboard cowboys are something I will just learn to overlook.
Agree with most of that but again you protest a little too much for someone who isn't bothered. Interesting to consider your recent lectures to me in light of the bolded portion.

Writing has limitations and even more when we don't actually have a real life perspective on each other. I doubt it is fair to judge or think we know anyone very well based on interactions here. Based on what you've accused me of being here, I doubt you would recognize me if we ever really met.

And yet, I can have a civil conversation with pretty much anyone here until they start doing the stuff you and MedicT have done.

And yet our conversations are hardly ever in disagreement about actual games, results, expectations. etc. I guess I'll just call it different perspective.

Last edited:
All I know is, you guys are kind of like a cancer to a thread...once you start going back and forth, I generally drop that thread from the list of ones I'll read. It just doesn't enrich my life to read the give and take of two or three people bickering. I'd guess there are other people out in VN who are doing the same as me.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're all bright guys with tons to add to VolNation. If only you'd stay out of the rabbit holes and each other's knickers. :)

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
All I know is, you guys are kind of like a cancer to a thread...once you start going back and forth, I generally drop that thread from the list of ones I'll read. It just doesn't enrich my life to read the give and take of two or three people bickering. I'd guess there are other people out in VN who are doing the same as me.

Don't get me wrong, I think you're all bright guys with tons to add to VolNation. If only you'd stay out of the rabbit holes and each other's knickers. :)

You are 100% correct. The worst part is, if I'm not involved in the debate, I usually also leave once it takes over. While being guilty of the same thing. :(

Even though your post is equally about me, I had to give it a like for honesty. :hi:

VN Store

Back