Should Vic be blamed

regardless about Vic , Holly sucks. I would take him 7 days a week over Holly. He lost 1 game

Exactly. A basketball power school being like the 7 seed being compared to a coach that lost 1 game on a neutral court to the defending SEC & National Champions. He has one disappointment. Holly has wrecked the Lady Vol legacy.

My view is that Miss St should fire him and hire Holly. We should then hire Schaeffer and give him another chance.

Reactions: 2 people
Dawn inherited a terrible program with no following. The first year (2009) she went 10-18. She improved her win total every year (14,18,25) and Wilson did not come along until 2014 the year after we went to the sweet sixteen. She did it without any McDonald's All-Americans. Vic pretty much followed her blueprint and now they are both elite coaches, coaching successful programs. Staley has changed lineups because of injuries the last two years and still won. Wilson could probably take any program to a higher level but you have to give Dawn her dues. The girl can coach....

Vic did the exact same thing! That boy can coach!!

MSU lost to the same team the Lady Vols did on Friday night. Yesterday, MSU missed the same exact type shots Lady Vols missed in Friday’s game. Why isn’t that Schaefer’s fault if the LV’s missed shots are Holly’s fault?

By the way, it’s “lose,” not “loose.” Teams don’t “loose” games, they “lose” them.

Players missing open shots are on the players and not the coach. The coach is responsible for the offensive scheme. Missed shots by both teams, LVs and MSU, that just were plain missed should not be a castigation of the coach.

Players missing open shots are on the players and not the coach. The coach is responsible for the offensive scheme. Missed shots by both teams, LVs and MSU, that just were plain missed should not be a castigation of the coach.

As much as some want to ignore the overall body of work, it's hard to criticize MSST/Vic because they had ONE game this season where they shot poorly from outside and inside compared to Tennessee where poor shooting performances is practically their identity.

I've watched a lot of MSST games this season, and they clearly just had an off game where they missed shots they've been making all season long. Blair missed 5 wide open threes with her feet set and time to set up that are practically layups for her.

Reactions: 1 person

That’s pretty much what I was saying... MSU missed the same type shots as LVs did Friday night. It was like there was a hex on the basket. When the LVs do it, it’s Holly’s fault to the “fahr Holly” gang, but when MSU does it, it’s not Vic’s fault. It was the same situation, I don’t care what MSU’s record was.

Sisaq even said Vic’s team “got beat by a good team” (USC), which was the same team that beat the LVs Friday night. LOL

Reactions: 8 people
That’s pretty much what I was saying... MSU missed the same type shots as LVs did Friday night. It was like there was a hex on the basket. When the LVs do it, it’s Holly’s fault to the “fahr Holly” gang, but when MSU does it, it’s not Vic’s fault. It was the same situation, I don’t care what MSU’s record was.

Sisaq even said Vic’s team “got beat by a good team” (USC), which was the same team that beat the LVs Friday night. LOL

If Schaefer were the Lady Vols coach they would be demanding he be fired.

Reactions: 7 people
If Schaefer were the Lady Vols coach they would be demanding he be fired.
Fixed your post:

If Schaefer were the Lady Vols coach, the Lady Vols would be the favorite to win the National Title this year ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶m̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶d̶.

Fixed your post:

I went ahead and fixed your post.

If Schaefer were the Lady Vols coach, the Lady Vols would be runner up favorite to win the National Title this year to Uconn ̶t̶h̶e̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶m̶a̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶e̶d̶.

Hope that helps.

FrozenLVFan,I always enjoy your posts. Thanks for answering the question I posted which was for only one game. Most disregarded that and went with entire bodies of work,which was not the intent. Just wanted to see if Vic would get the blame for his team's shooting woes as Holly did. As I said,sometimes teams have games like this and coaches should not be blamed for poor shooting as Holly was. Vic received some criticism,with always a"but" about how he is a better coach.

There is also the difference in the type of shots taken by these teams. Vic has groomed a multifaceted squad. He, unlike Holly, hasn’t made statements in the past re: not caring if his team ever makes a 3-pointer. Nor has he stated publicly comments about getting the ball to The post as his offensive mantra and then berated the players for not doing so. There is a pretty intense presence on the inside for SC. His teams have been groomed to have variety on offense. His daughter in particular and others of MS are usually lethal from the 3-point line. So castigating a coach when an entire team misses a lot of shots from all over the court when they are as good as they usually are vs. pointing to Holly when her team misses a bunch of contested paint shots after she has forced them to all season “get the ball to the paint”. It absolutely does place blame on Holly.

Now to rant: These kids are recruited, except very rare instances, for their offensive prowess. We wonder why the wheels fall off. After being told constantly that these are bad shots/contrary to good basketball theory, it is not surprising they begin to miss shots that they were quite comfortable taking before.

So in this instance of one game comparisons, yes, we can blame Holly while giving Vic a pass.

Vic did the exact same thing! That boy can coach!!

Vic was getting kudos.....Dawn was being questioned whether she can coach without Aja. I made my statement based on the trashing of Dawn...not overlooking what Vic has done. Vic can also coach.

Vic was getting kudos.....Dawn was being questioned whether she can coach without Aja. I made my statement based on the trashing of Dawn...not overlooking what Vic has done. Vic can also coach.

I think dawn is a pretty good coach but it remains to be seen if she can do so without knowing Wilson is close by. There are better coaches in the sec that dawn but holly is not one of them! JMHO:yikes:

MSU lost to the same team the Lady Vols did on Friday night. Yesterday, MSU missed the same exact type shots Lady Vols missed in Friday’s game. Why isn’t that Schaefer’s fault if the LV’s missed shots are Holly’s fault?

By the way, it’s “lose,” not “loose.” Teams don’t “loose” games, they “lose” them.

Teams "lose" games due to "loose" play. LOL

I think dawn is a pretty good coach but it remains to be seen if she can do so without knowing Wilson is close by. There are better coaches in the sec that dawn but holly is not one of them! JMHO:yikes:

Dawn is a good coach but she is going to miss Wilson very, very much. Also, Holly is not a good coach but she is going to miss Russell and Nared very, very much.

Dawn is a good coach but she is going to miss Wilson very, very much. Also, Holly is not a good coach but she is going to miss Russell and Nared very, very much.

I think next year will be a good gauge for just how good a coach Holly and Dawn are. Even though they lose gamechangers, they both will have some good talent on their roster (Tennessee has the clear edge here). If Dawn comes out ahead in the SEC, then well...

To add if we had only lost to top rated teams I think the season would be more acceptable. The loss to Bama and LSU were just bad and the near misses vs Auburn, Auburn again and Arkansas were embarrassing performances. You have to beat all the bad teams because you are going to lose to some of the rated teams eventually.

State also had near misses and performances that could be deemed embarrassments. But they won them, so no one cares.

Love for Wilson was very much warranted. She played remarkably in this tournament and showed what a leader does on the court. I'm a Lady Vol fan, but I know when to give props to other players, teams, and coaches. I don't feel I have to degrade others to make my team seem better; just very bitter to do that. Holly is a horrible head coach, Vic coaches a team that nearly went undefeated and came up against a very determined team with an elite leader. Miss. State never gave up in that game, Holly's teams nearly always quit when they're down, which is a shame for a Lady Vol team.

I was OK up until you said Holly's teams quit. That's not true at all. They have games where they seem like they're not at 100%, but even then they don't quit.

We lost to SC and the leader you praise by the same score as State, yet all I hear from you is praise for another team and criticism for the one you say is yours.

Did you actually attend a game this year in Knoxville?

Reactions: 4 people
Love for Wilson was very much warranted. She played remarkably in this tournament and showed what a leader does on the court. I'm a Lady Vol fan, but I know when to give props to other players, teams, and coaches. I don't feel I have to degrade others to make my team seem better; just very bitter to do that. Holly is a horrible head coach, Vic coaches a team that nearly went undefeated and came up against a very determined team with an elite leader. Miss. State never gave up in that game, Holly's teams nearly always quit when they're down, which is a shame for a Lady Vol team.

Lol. I went back and read your posts to this forum. You only come around a few times a season. And nearly every comment bashes our coach or our players. Every one. The only ones that weren't completely negative were those praising other coaches and teams. Just stop pretending.

Reactions: 5 people
Looking at only their games against SC this weekend, there wasn't much to differentiate Miss St from Tenn. I can't blame Holly any more than Vic for her/his team being unable to hit the broad side of a barn. Nor can I give players a pass, specifically a senior who took about 75% of the game off while playing in her final SECT.

However, considering the past several years, this type of performance has occurred far more often under CHW than Vic. There's no denying that either.

I'm not sure that's completely accurate. Two years ago, State lost to UCONN by 60 points. They also lost to us on their home floor last year.

Vic's record even with all his recent success is no better than Holly's. He also has 2 All American guards and numerous top recruits. The guy is great, but he isn't Jesus and doesn't get a pass for the very things Holly gets bashed for.

I appreciate your post.

Reactions: 7 people
Yes MSU missed a lot of shots, But with the lady vols this has been a problem since day one with Holly, Also maybe Holly should have watch the Baylor game yesterday Kim made sure her freshmen pg played under control and hit open shots and Alexis Morris did just that. fgm-fga 7-9 3pt fgm-fga 2-3 stl 3 to 3 and 18 pts

Um, Baylor beat TX. So did TN. Guess we must be doing something right.

Reactions: 3 people
I think next year will be a good gauge for just how good a coach Holly and Dawn are. Even though they lose gamechangers, they both will have some good talent on their roster (Tennessee has the clear edge here). If Dawn comes out ahead in the SEC, then well...

While Tenn will have the edge in Talent per McDAA, SC will have more experince. All 5 of SC's starters next year will be either Seniors or Juniors, while Tenn (with the exception of Jackson and Green) will be mostly underclassmen. Having that seniority and leadership is huge especially playing in the SEC.

VN Store

Back