Shooting in Las Vegas @ Jason Aldean Concert

You can ban fully automatic rifles all you want the truth is the parts can be bought legally to make that rifle fully automatic. It still makes that weapon illegal in the end but the point is that even banning them doesn't stop them. There is no one definitive solution to a problem like this. Crazy people who want to bust open the window of their hotel and start shooting at people are going to do so whether guns are banned or not.

You can ban fully automatic rifles all you want the truth is the parts can be bought legally to make that rifle fully automatic. It still makes that weapon illegal in the end but the point is that even banning them doesn't stop them. There is no one definitive solution to a problem like this. Crazy people who want to bust open the window of their hotel and start shooting at people are going to do so whether guns are banned or not.

Can the parts to make it automatic be banned? I'm not being a smart ass, I know nothing about guns.

But if making it harder for them to acquire such weapons deters 1 person from doing it? Is it worth it?

It’s kinda like rolling up your windows and locking your car door. Could a thief still get in your car if they wanted? Sure. If it’s harder to get into then your car most likely stays safe. If you leave the windows down it more likely someone will steal something.

But if making it harder for them to acquire such weapons deters 1 person from doing it? Is it worth it?

It’s kinda like rolling up your windows and locking your car door. Could a thief still get in your car if they wanted? Sure. If it’s harder to get into then your car most likely stays safe. If you leave the windows down it more likely someone will steal something.

No.

Can the parts to make it automatic be banned? I'm not being a smart ass, I know nothing about guns.

Ultimately no. There is nothing stopping someone from buying a part online and machining it down at their own home then installing it into their rifle to make it fully automatic. I'm not saying it's easy work but anyone that is familiar with firearms and especially customizing them can figure it out.

That's basically the "keep an honest man honest" philosophy. Lock the door to your house and an honest man stays honest and keeps walking. Don't lock the door to your house and the honest man becomes a thief. A true thief is going to get into your house whether the door is locked or not.

Ultimately no. There is nothing stopping someone from buying a part online and machining it down at their own home then installing it into their rifle to make it fully automatic. I'm not saying it's easy work but anyone that is familiar with firearms and especially customizing them can figure it out.

That is disheartening to hear.

That's basically the "keep an honest man honest" philosophy. Lock the door to your house and an honest man stays honest and keeps walking. Don't lock the door to your house and the honest man becomes a thief. A true thief is going to get into your house whether the door is locked or not.

A thief is going to go for low hanging fruit. Make it harder on them and they move along.

I agree that full blown gun control is not magic wand to end this kind of thing. I also agree that a staunch ‘No’ to even the suggestion of sensible regulations are not the answer as well.

They probably could be made with a 3d printer.

About a year ago I saw a piece on VICE about a guy who was working a file of an AR15 he was going to open source. The problem he kept having was materials 3D printers use, mostly plastics, couldn’t withstand the stress of actually firing the weapon. It would usually break or jam after a few rounds. Maybe he’s improved it I dunno.

Ban YouTube and their instructional videos!

Japan has no guns and Japan has no gun violence--none. Same with other countries that don't have guns. The solution is to stop making and selling guns and gun parts--ban them. Period. All of this talk about there is no solution is utter bollocks--NONSENSE. Its just another example of how stupid this country has become because conservatives refuse to acknowledge problems and/or do anything to solve them.

A thief is going to go for low hanging fruit. Make it harder on them and they move along.

I agree that full blown gun control is not magic wand to end this kind of thing. I also agree that a staunch ‘No’ to even the suggestion of sensible regulations are not the answer as well.

We have sensible regulations now.

Japan has no guns and Japan has no gun violence--none. Same with other countries that don't have guns. The solution is to stop making and selling guns and gun parts--ban them. Period. All of this talk about there is no solution is utter bollocks--NONSENSE. Its just another example of how stupid this country has become because conservatives refuse to acknowledge problems and/or do anything to solve them.

What is the problem? Bad things happen?

Yes they do. The solution is not to make a law everytime it does.

Trying to ban automatic weapons or the parts to make on auto is pure fantasy. As long as there is a dollar to be made someone is willing to risk it.

Look at moonshine. Still illegal and fellers still make it in the mountains of NC and Tennessee

Trying to ban automatic weapons or the parts to make on auto is pure fantasy. As long as there is a dollar to be made someone is willing to risk it.

Look at moonshine. Still illegal and fellers still make it in the mountains of NC and Tennessee

Lol. It’s far from just NC and TN

Jason Aldean has been through a lot the past few years. Worst mass shooting in US history and a couple years ago a suicidal guy walked in front of his bus killing him in Indiana.

I’m sorry. I must have missed the last time someone with moonshine shot hundreds of people at one time from 1200 feet away.

Well unfortunately America’s love affair with guns goes too deep and that genie will never be put back in the bottle. Banning all guns would create a crime spree similar to prohibition.

Yea, conservatives are the problem lol.

Well unfortunately America’s love affair with guns goes too deep and that genie will never be put back in the bottle. Banning all guns would create a crime spree similar to prohibition.

Trying to ban guns would be the end of the US as we know it.

Agree. I have several AKs and ARs plus many handguns and would never shoot anyone. They are mostly for sport unless I absolutely have to defend myself and my family.

The 2nd Amendment is there to defend ourselves from a tyrannous Government. Don't let libs redefine the 2nd Amendment. Most of them don't have a clue about guns. Most will say clip instead of magazine, use the term bullets instead of rounds, or don't understand the difference in a Select Fire or Full Auto, or understand the difference between a Semi-Auto AK vs a SEMI-Auto 22, etc. Yet they want to try and make laws on which rifles\guns are bad or should not be owned by a law abiding citizen such as myself.

VN Store

Back