Shooting in Las Vegas @ Jason Aldean Concert

So when/If it's determined that the firearms were obtained illegally, you'll support the wall?

I believe they were legally obtained. But if they in fact came from Mexico, no I wont support a silly wall because criminals will just find another way to get them in.

Reactions: 1 person
I believe they were legally obtained. But if they in fact came from Mexico, no I wont support a silly wall because criminals will just find another way to get them in.

So what you are saying is, more gun laws really don't have an affect because criminals don't follow the laws?

Do you realize the difficulty in obtaining a legal, fully automatic firearm?

Be interesting to see the amount of coverage of this vs the church shooting in Antioch. And I realize the scale of this is much greater and more horrific, but it also fits the narrative much better too.

How much coverage do you think the largest mass shooting in modern American history should garner versus the Antioch church shooting?

No because then we don't have armed people to take out the crazies when they start shooting.

But how would people have guns if they're all banned? Plus you would still have armed police which should suffice right?

So what you are saying is, more gun laws really don't have an affect because criminals don't follow the laws?

Do you realize the difficulty in obtaining a legal, fully automatic firearm?

You mean laws against murder didn’t prevent this terrible act?

Mass shootings? They aren't going to stop until we crack down hard on guns and gun sales in this country. Fact. There are vast numbers of mentally unbalanced people in this country (and around the world), and if you give them easy access to guns--handguns and military style weapons--this is what you get, and this is what we've been getting for years. DUH. But conservatives kinda, really want to pretend it's not a problem because they sure do like their guns. Let's not pretend otherwise. This is not political---this is common sense.

Stfu

Reactions: 2 people
How much coverage do you think the largest mass shooting in modern American history should garner versus the Antioch church shooting?

Antioch got little to none, Nerd. And I acknowledged the size of this incident. Tho few in number, the people in Antioch were innocent bystanders too and their story barely lasted a full news cycle.

It shouldnt be "difficult" it should be impossible.

I have family members who have themand none of them have shot up anything besides targets.

From the beginning and until the end of time, wicked evil people have and will do evil, wicked things. We just aren't allowed to say people are evil or wicked anymore because that's just too offensive and hurtful.

Unfortunately, I believe idiots like this guy are going to get their hands on weapons of destruction, regardless of what laws are passed.

This is true. Idiots are going to find ways to do evil things, on a mass scale. Timothy McVeigh comes to mind. He used stuff you can purchase at the co-op.

Antioch got little to none, Nerd. And I acknowledged the size of this incident. Tho few in number, the people in Antioch were innocent bystanders too and their story barely lasted a full news cycle.

I don’t watch cable news so I don’t know how much they did/did not cover Antioch but I do know it got plenty of coverage on my Apple News aggregator.

This is completely different though. It will get extensive coverage because it’s the worst mass shooting in American history not because it “fits an agenda”.

The Pulse shooting didn’t fit the media “agenda” I’m assuming you are insinuating. Did you feel it didn’t get enough coverage?

I find it interesting that a few hours after a major tragedy, we are already politicizing it! Trump this and that. Guns this and that. Ugh.......

I understand. I feel as though Antioch was under covered as well.

I will say that if you want to use what happened in Vegas as a measuring stick, I think you would be making an unfair conclusion to verify something you believe is happening.

The question is how did the coverage of Antioch compare with other shootings with one casualty? I’m trying to remember how much coverage the shooter at the Unitarian Church in Knoxville got back in 2008.

I have family members who have themand none of them have shot up anything besides targets.

Thats the point though. Just the fact that they have them. This guy was unknown to police. No criminal record. No radical political affiliation. His family his shocked and doesnt understand why. Whose to say one of your family members dont have a mental break one day like this guy obviously did and start shooting?

I find it interesting that a few hours after a major tragedy, we are already politicizing it! Trump this and that. Guns this and that. Ugh.......

I havent read anything about Trump. He is speaking soon so im sure he'll say something stupid and off base.

VN Store

Back