Sherion Jones

Basically, he much like me, absolutely feel the kid bleeds orange and we want to see him play somewhere.

Obama ain't here no mo. Take your racist BS somewhere else. You and the 21 a-holes that liked your post.

I guess if he were to play another position and be successful that wouldn't meet your oppression agenda now would it.
Hahahahahaha

Like I said.... You've never seen anything meaningful that tells you he could play WR. I'm not saying it's automatically race based to ask the question. Just saying it's kind of a lazy thing that some fans still bring up with a black QB sometimes.

Randall Cobb says get over yourself. K-town made it about race and you agreed.

Reactions: 1 person
Because he's a QB. If injuries occur, then he may get a shot and hopefully, he makes the best of it. We'll see how he's progressed next week.

"If" injuries occur? My word...that's a given with UT. He likely will be the starter by default by the 4th game this season.

Im not saying we should never let a player change positions. Im saying people shouldnt spend all off season clamoring for a position change and then when said player has a bad game or makes a mistake the threads of "CBJ is an idiot for not moving x player to x position."
Did the fans help decide to move any of the players listed? No

Im saying lets let the coaches decide.

I don't think a post prohibits anything from happening, if posts could influence anything...Peyton Manning would be coaching the Vols and Tee Martin would have written every Vols fan an apology letter for calling Hurd soft....and we'd now be compelled to reciprocate.

If a fan thinks he's influencing a move, well, that's a deeper issue; But discussing it is part of the passion people have for football, just enjoying some discussion and kicking around some thoughts is something harmless many enjoy. I have had 964 too many discussions about who I want the Redskins to draft and about how sweet it would be if Akers had picked UT; I let Akers decide, and I'll - begrudgingly - let the Redskins do the same, but the one separating factor for UT is the passion of the fans. When the "if I was coach" posts disappear, the program is in trouble because the passion/obsession/delusion of the fans is what makes your favorite team so unique for players and coaches. Fan-antics. A family member of mine used to get death threats with regularity while coaching in south bend, I see harm in that, but none in a fan being silly about roster ideas. Jmo.

If butch is reading this, let Berry get some touches on offense and let Bain get the rock in our new in-sane-in-the-mem-bain goaline package.

Hes black so hes obviously a good athlete and can play anywhere on the field, right op?

Assuming a player can switch positions and find success is ignorant, but coaches giving him a shot to see if he could contribute elsewhere is not. It's evaluating your player. And maybe Butch has done that, but then again, maybe he hasn't done it. We don't know.

Assuming the OP even made the suggestion simply because of the color of SJ's skin makes you look ignorant. Why assume that was the reason? You're perpetuating racism, which makes you part of the problem, not the solution. Believe it or not, not all white people are racist. And given this is an anonymous mb, how do you even really know the ethnicity of the OP?

Reactions: 2 people
...yet uncomfortably true to some extent. It's easy to fall into the old trap of white guy must be a dropback passer and black guy must be an athlete. There's basically a tenth of a second difference in the 40 times for QD and SJ. Nobody is asking if Dormady could play Safety.

I wouldn't call it blatantly racist, but it is feeding a stereotype.

And you're feeding a troll.

Seriously GA, your comparison is weak. QD is fighting it out for the starter position, SJ is 3rd or 4th string. It's not comparable. When JJ Watt played for Butch at CMU, he was a TE. Coaches wanted to make him an OL. He left, walked on at Wisconsin as a DE, and look at him now. And it's not like UT is without it's share of position changes through the years. How many RBs have we turned into LBs? Quite a few. To suggest a poster made an assumption based on race is below you. You've always kept it at least semi-classy. Maybe the assumption came from your end?

It's been 49 years since MLK was assassinated, and people as a whole, of all ethnicities, still forget his lessons.

"...they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

Randall Cobb says get over yourself. K-town made it about race and you agreed.

What? None of us has a problem with black QBs or guys playing multiple positions if they can pull it off. The only thing I agreed with is that it's plausible to bring it up in the context that he did- that some automatically assume SJ could play WR.

It's more about falling in love with speed than purely race. Fans in general think every fast guy ought to be able to run toss sweeps, end around, and Go routes. It just doesn't work that way.

It's been 49 years since MLK was assassinated, and people as a whole, of all ethnicities, still forget his lessons.

"...they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character."

You're right. Hard to fight human nature.

Hope you're feeling better btw.

CJ Leak acted on this same advice years ago when he got buried 3rd on the chart behind 2 true FR. So he wisely (angrily?) moved over to be buried on the LB depth chart never to be heard from again.
After both QBs went down that season, we had to go on with the 4th QB down the stretch, in the SECCG, then in the big bowl win. I always wondered what eas going through CJs mind while he watched from the sidelines.

Moral of the story: The grass ain't always greener.

No but the grass is legal!!!:)

If he is so athletic and clearly is a distant 3rd in the QB race ... can he not catch ?

That is a fair question. Haven't heard if he excelled at any other position in HS. Jauan Jennings was a standout on defense and All-State in basketball in HS.

Gaawwddd this man brought out the big guns for this one

He didn't look athletic at all going through the QB skills challenge. Actually, was hard to watch.

I think we gotta give Sheriron a lot of credit for being out there on the field, fighting through injury to compete.

He may not look like a competitor for the starting QB job, but he sure looks like he bleeds orange and isn't gonna quit.

Respect him a lot for that. Do wish he'd cast his eye about and consider other positions where he may be able to get playing time while helping the team, because the chance he ever becomes our starting QB is looking pretty small right now.

Just want to see him play; too much heart not to.

Reactions: 5 people
I think the smart play at this point is to leave him working with the QB's. If one of the other two transfer after losing the starting job (which is highly likely) we would have no one behind the starter if he is moved to another position. The two behind him are a true freshmen and Jancek. McBride is too green and needs a redshirt year. If Jancek is our best option at QB, we are in trouble.

He didn't look athletic at all going through the QB skills challenge. Actually, was hard to watch.

they constantly chatted about how he had a rib injury and couldnt get his "trunk" involved on throws etc, even said they didnt expect him to do anything, so the fact he suited up and even went out there is commendable. You could see him in obvious discomfort on that "half time" qb drill

Reactions: 6 people
they constantly chatted about how he had a rib injury and couldnt get his "trunk" involved on throws etc, even said they didnt expect him to do anything, so the fact he suited up and even went out there is commendable. You could see him in obvious discomfort on that "half time" qb drill
I wasn't aware of any injury.
If that's the case then I feel for the kid.

If he doesn't want to go anywhere, I'd leave things alone. McBride is going to redshirt, although he would be a fine #3 option if you took Sheriron out of the equation. However, I'd rather have him come in if something happened to the Top 2 guys than a completely green freshman. Jones hasn't shown us much of anything, but honestly he could be one of those guys that needs the pressure of coming into a meaningful game to shine. It happens.

He has leadership and I think he is a fiery competitor like Jennings. See B@B.

He showed some athletic ability in the spring game 2 years ago. Just isn't very accurate thrower yet.

VN Store

Back