Sherion Jones

Was Peyton third string behind Stewart and Todd Helton ?

I may be thinking of Jerry Colquitt.

3rd behind Colquitt and Helton. He was the next man in, proceeded to split qb duties with fellow frosh Stewart before eventually winning it outright

From what I have seen lately, he is forth string now. The kid from Texas [ McBride] is taking to 3rd reps and he is taking to 4th. maybe he loves Tennessee and whats to be a coach in the future.

Been on the field at every practice have ya? Lol, ok whatever dude. If you don't think Mcbride is redshirting this year, then you're dumber than you sound.

Reactions: 4 people
I can't wait to see what he brings to the table. I've always been a fan. I watched him during warm ups two years ago against UGA and out of all the QB he was the most impressive to me as far as threading the needle and hitting his WRs.

His passion and fire is also contagious to the team. I'm really glad to have him as part of the team.
I'd like to see him get some real game rep's.

I still don't understand why he didn't just stay at Colorado.

I know. I can see his love for TN and respect that but kid could have been a starter there. He doesn't have a shot here (atleast from media reports I have been reading). These kids only have four years of college eligibility. Though the selfish VOL in me says they should all stay here and give us depth, the realist in me says I would want to go and play some while I am eligible.

I know. I can see his love for TN and respect that but kid could have been a starter there. He doesn't have a shot here (atleast from media reports I have been reading). These kids only have four years of college eligibility. Though the selfish VOL in me says they should all stay here and give us depth, the realist in me says I would want to go and play some while I am eligible.

He may get a shot to play, a lot can happen in 3 years.

It seems at this point, the best he can expect at the QB position is 3rd on the depth chart. If this is the case, why isn't he being moved to receiver where he can put his athletic ability on display and add much needed depth?

Because he's a QB. If injuries occur, then he may get a shot and hopefully, he makes the best of it. We'll see how he's progressed next week.

Reactions: 1 person
Slow your roll Chief. I'd bet Dormady is our starter this year, certainly early on. Perhaps Sheriron can back him up if JG leaves?

This is my biggest concern. I'm worried regardless of who gets it the other transfers. So it creates a situation of do you start JG because he could be here longer? Who knows.

JG wouldn't transfer imo. More apt to win the job sooner than sitting out a transfer year.

First , I think he is under rated. We are just fortunate to have some good depth at qb. At some point I have a feeling we will need him to contribute. He's a very vocal leader. If we are down to him playing, I think we are in good hands.

Reactions: 2 people
It seems at this point, the best he can expect at the QB position is 3rd on the depth chart. If this is the case, why isn't he being moved to receiver where he can put his athletic ability on display and add much needed depth?

TE blue font

This response is entirely unnecessary.

...yet uncomfortably true to some extent. It's easy to fall into the old trap of white guy must be a dropback passer and black guy must be an athlete. There's basically a tenth of a second difference in the 40 times for QD and SJ. Nobody is asking if Dormady could play Safety.

I wouldn't call it blatantly racist, but it is feeding a stereotype.

First of all, don't just assume it is a two man QB race. From what I have read so far, all QBs have looked really good in Spring Training. Dobbs was an afterthought until he lobbed up 3 TDs in short work during an O&W game.

This response is entirely unnecessary.

And I think posts calling for Jones to WR, TkJr to LB, Berry to RB, Byrd to DB, etc are entirely unnecessary.

How about we let the coaches who get paid a hell of a lot of money and watch these kids every day in practice decide where they can help the team most.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back