Seed Predictions

I'm not sure about how Temple losing effects that, but Vandy lost today to a worse team than we did....and I think our resumé's better, so I really dont think they'll beat us out of a seed placement

temple is projected to be a 4 seed. if they lose to Xavier/Richmond then hopefully it would drop them

I'd say a 4 seed. We may drop to a 5, though. Just depends on what the selection committee thinks of us.

I think we will be a 4 seed. If we are lucky we might get a 3, but we will need alot of help and have the selection committee love our 2 big wins. Again, if I was a betting man, I would say 4 seed.

I thought our good win in starkville got us a four seed but our poor showing today might knock us down to a five or six. Seems they have short memory when seeding I wished we would have given the mist a better game maybe it will wake us up and get ready for a good run in the tourney GO VOLS

I still believe we will be a four seed. Our RPI before Ky game was # 10 and we have the two wins over number one seeds, which no one else has.

I thought our good win in starkville got us a four seed but our poor showing today might knock us down to a five or six. Seems they have short memory when seeding I wished we would have given the mist a better game maybe it will wake us up and get ready for a good run in the tourney GO VOLS

i think you are putting too much emphasis on this game. i don't think the selection committee puts that much emphasis on these games

As a Vol fan, though, nothing could surprise me. 3 seed to 6 seed.

and I hope you are right. Maybe this blowout is a blessing in disguised and they become more focused and driven than any time this season. Of course, that's impossible to know, but we will see next week!

I promise you today's loss didn't knock us down to a 6 seed.

If we end up a 6 seed, it's because we were already there before this game

It will be interesting to see how they treat Purdue in relation to us. We lose by 29 to the most talented team in basketball, and they lose by 27 to Minnesota

It will be interesting to see how they treat Purdue in relation to us. We lose by 29 to the most talented team in basketball, and they lose by 27 to Minnesota

Purdue's done either way. This was the chance for them to show they're something without Hummel. I wouldn't be shocked if they slide down to a 4. This is similar to the Indiana situation 2 years ago.

I'm starting to think that the highest 5 would be better than the lowest 4. I really want to avoid Kansas/Syracuse.

I still think we're a 4 (although a 5 wouldn't shock me).

Purdue has potential to drop big time. If they were a 4 I would not be shocked.

I promise you today's loss didn't knock us down to a 6 seed.

If we end up a 6 seed, it's because we were already there before this game
I do believe the committee puts more emphasis on games late in the season ( Kentucky will probably be the top one seed because of this game ) before I thought Kansas or Cuse would be the top one

Guys. We're a four. Done.

The Biggest question is who do we want to play in the 4-5/12 game?

Why do all the lunardi projections for the past week have us in Kansas's bracket? Someone explain to me how that is fair to us!? There's no way we beat Kansas twice this year imo.

Why do all the lunardi projections for the past week have us in Kansas's bracket? Someone explain to me how that is fair to us!? There's no way we beat Kansas twice this year imo.

lunardi is good at predicting bubble teams, but he is terrible at picking where teams will fit in the field. i wouldn't listen to anything he says about where we are going.

I dont think there is any way lunardi has the placement right. Surely the commitee wouldn't have a rematch like that so early on. I see us being in either duke or syracuse's region, which could be good or bad for us depending on which one we draw

I do believe the committee puts more emphasis on games late in the season ( Kentucky will probably be the top one seed because of this game ) before I thought Kansas or Cuse would be the top one

they do, but it's more in the sense of streaks and trends

for example, yes UF got a great win over UT, but on top of their weak resumé, they lost 4 out of their final 5 games; and 6 out of their last 10

one bad game though - especially to a team that's a one seed - is not going to hurt us terribly (btw, we've won 5 out of our last 6 and 7 of our last 9)

VN Store

Back