SECNetwork Coverage Info Please

talking to a game cock fan,he said it should show up as an alt on Saturday

the 611-1 channel,he said he didn't know why it was that way,at least he was honest about it

we talked more football than the alt and some billing issues

he was a Fulmer fan too

I dont get this - the channel is magically supposed to show up at gametime but where in the mist of 200 plus channels ?

LaToy said it will be 671-2 or 671-3 for the alt and you will need to punch the numbers in,that it probably won't show up on your guide,for that zip code

i assume we may have to punch in 611-1 here in TN too

and yes i asked her and Levi why it won't show up on the guide and they both said

I don't know :)

Last edited:
28732...Fletcher. (Suburb of Asheville)

sorry bofa i didn't see you,but call Direct TV they were friendly and helpful ask for Levi to talk some SEC Football,he knows the SEC lol for speed take the first one

go with DirectTV in my opinion they are a lot better than Dish,let me know if you do,we can both save some money for a referral :)

years ago my Dad had Dish and i had DirectTV,i would have thrown rocks at Dish other than beating up dads TV,it may be different now,but i highly doubt it

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
I dont get this - the channel is magically supposed to show up at gametime but where in the mist of 200 plus channels ?

from what they said,it won't show up in the guide,but punch in the right channel numbers,that is what i got from them and you should be able to get some sort of a package deal from DirecTV to carry the SEC network in Illinois,i have the Big 10 here in Tn

other than the occasional thunder storm that kills my reception every now and again DirecTV beats em all,from what i have seen

Last edited:
Was just told that the SEC "Plus" channel will pop up on my guide at some point before the game on Satuday. And that would be true of all DirectTV subscribers anywhere in the country as long as you currently have the regular SEC Network. The game will be on that SEC Plus which will be 611-1. I wouldn't know how to punch that in but he assured me I wouldn't have to since it will pop up on the guide. I'm still nervous about it but feel a little better.

LaToy said it will be 671-2 or 671-3 for the alt and you will need to punch the numbers in,that it probably won't show up on your guide,for that zip code

i assume we may have to punch in 611-1 here in TN too

and yes i asked her and Levi why it won't show up on the guide and they both said

I don't know :)

Mule...dumb question...when you say punch in 611-1, are you saying to punch 6111? Anotherwords, there is no dash on the remote device, or is there?

Assuming, of course, the alternate channel doesn't show up on the guide.

Mule...dumb question...when you say punch in 611-1, are you saying to punch 6111? Anotherwords, there is no dash on the remote device, or is there?

,that is what should show up on the guide is what i should say

good deal bofa,if everybody keeps calling them,they may get an alt channel up permanently,probably should be giving ESPN hell for not having a couple of alt channels up on DirecTVs guides for the SEC Network

is an alt showing up on different TV cables or for Dish ? isn't Dish the official network for the Vols ?

Last edited:

There is a dash on your DirecTV remote so 611-1. Or you can go to 611 and go up one channel.

There is a dash on your DirecTV remote so 611-1. Or you can go to 611 and go up one channel.

My wife and I are visiting friends at a vacation resort in Orlando Friday night. I told her we are leaving mid-morning on Saturday so I will be home in time to catch the game. If for some reason the game is not shown on DirecTV, I'm in deep ****...

We were better off watching Tennessee and SEC football games BEFORE the SEC Network came into existence. I could watch every SEC team play every week without having to spend more money to buy the SEC Network channel.

Now everyone is searching for alternate channels to watch a Tennessee football game in SD. I could watch Tennessee football on CSS in HD.

We may be having the same problem when basketball season begins.

Comcast Alt channel not in HD per yesterday's Tennessean (Nashville newspaper). Their SVP of South region said it would not be in HD due to bandwidth....idiot. I have Comcast and will now be moving to either DirecTV or Uverse. Uverse has a great deal right now, but I have a question (actually two) for everyone:

DirecTV SEC network and ALT channel: Are they both in HD?

Who has Uverse? What is the overall feeling towards their service?

Thanks!

Not sure if you ever got an answer about U-verse but I have it and I'm pretty freaking pleased about it after reading this thread. I have the main SEC network and three alternates all in HD and listed in the onscreen guide.

To answer your question about multiple HD streams I can only say that we have 3 TVs ATM and can watch HD on all three simultaneously. I know several years ago when U-verse first rolled out and bandwidth was limited we could only watch HD on one television at a time which was really annoying so we went back to DirecTV but that's no longer an issue. I think that if you call they can tell you how much bandwidth they can push to your house and that will tell you how many HD streams you can run simultaneously while also running the internet, etc. Go Vols!

We were better off watching Tennessee and SEC football games BEFORE the SEC Network came into existence. I could watch every SEC team play every week without having to spend more money to buy the SEC Network channel.

Now everyone is searching for alternate channels to watch a Tennessee football game in SD. I could watch Tennessee football on CSS in HD.

We may be having the same problem when basketball season begins.

Well CSS is going off the air if it's not already and there was also one PPV game every year forced on us. SECN is also great for out of town Vol fans who would otherwise have missed the games on regional TV.

VN Store

Back