SECNetwork Coverage Info Please

My direct TV doesn't have the Vols listed as being on Saturday but has Bama on a different channel than SECN....keeping my fingers crossed that I get Vols on Secn

They have said tennessee will be on the alternate channel but surely that won't be the case in Knoxville

My Dish guide still says "teams tba" on SEC network. Also says that on espn 2. Here's to hoping Vols are on at least one of the alternative channels.

I just heard back from Comcast. Alternate channels will be available in certain 'geographical' locations. Channels will be available on Gameday...much like they didn't release channel number until right before launch.

But best believe, if I am watching game on my computer, I will be on the phone with DirecTV at the same time.

Same here in effing Illinois - I upgraded to get this damn network and if they cant provide the alt channel - I will be switching to Dish for sure next week -- GTH Comcast and take your idiot CSRs with you

SEC N should just change the name to the Crimson Tide Network (like Longhorn Network) bastards favor Alabama over all the other teams ---

Reactions: 1 person
Comcast users.
Stumbled on how to find your alternate channel.
Go to on demand
Select Networks
Choose Networks S-T
Select SEC
Scroll down to channels
For Oak Ridge the primary channels are 1738 and 739 the alternate channels are 761 and 762.
Hope this helps.

I guess States with no SEC school, that have Comsuck, wont be getting an alt channel -- I highly doubt that -- 'it will be there on gameday' excuse I keep seeing

Went by Mediacom to pay bill, asked if there was an alternate channel so I could watch the game. Was told there's no alt channel and that "most people around here would rather watch Bama play any way.....maybe they will re-air TN game later".
Guess, I'll watch on ESPN3 or something.

According to the Tennessean: Comcast South Region VP for Public Relations Alex Horwitz has informed them the TN game and two other alt games sat will be on alt channels 723 or 724 SD only.

So, they're airing the bama game on the main channel and putting the Tennessee game on the Standard def alternate channel in f'n Tennessee?! In Tennessee........that's f'ing bull****.

Comcast is gonna be hearing from me

Maybe this will help some folks out. If I had Comcast I'd be pissed to have to watch it in SD though.

Saturday's game between the Tennessee Vols and Arkansas State won't be shown in HD on Comcast.

The noon game is one of three on the alternate SEC Network on Saturday.

Alex Horwitz, vice president for public relations in the Big South Region, which includes Tennessee, explained Comcast's reason for not carrying the alternate SEC Network in HD.

"Our primary goal was to make SEC Network overflow channels available as widely as possible to our customers across the South," Horwitz wrote in an email. "Carrying the overflow channel in HD format would not have been the most effective use of our bandwidth — which we strategically reserve for routine product upgrades, new programming content and the latest services for our customers."

The UT game and the two other alternative SEC Network games Saturday will be shown in standard definition on Comcast channels 723 or 724.

Other satellite and cable providers will show alternate SEC Network games in HD.

Here is a list of where to find the SEC Network and alternate SEC Network in Nashville:

AT&T U-Verse: 607 SD and 1607 HD. Alternate: 608-610 SD, 1608-1610 HD

Charter: 34, 328 SD, 802 HD. Alternate: 329 SD, 803 HD

Comcast: 718 SD and 1738 HD. Alternate: 723, 724

DirectTV: 611. Alternate: 611-1

Dish Network/Hopper: 408/404. Alternate: 596-599/Hopper 404.1, 404.2, 404.3

TDS: 632 SD, 1632 HD. Alternate: 633 SD, 1633 HD

SEC Network schedule for Saturday:

Florida Atlantic at Alabama, 11 a.m.

Arkansas St. at Tennessee, 11 a.m.*

Eastern Michigan at Florida, 3 p.m.

Nicholls at Arkansas, 3 p.m.*

Sam Houston St. at LSU, 6:30 p.m.

Lamar at Texas A&M, 6:30 p.m.*

*Alternate SEC Network

So, they're airing the bama game on the main channel and putting the Tennessee game on the Standard def alternate channel in f'n Tennessee?! In Tennessee........that's f'ing bull****.

Comcast is gonna be hearing from me

This is the point I was trying to get across. This is absurd for them to show Bama game on main channel especially in Knoxville

Putting in my order to drop Comcast and going back to DirecTV as we speak. Won't distribute SEC Alt in HD? In SEC footprint? How stupid can you be?

Can a DirecTV customer confirm for me that the SEC Network AND the SEC Network Alternate channel are both available in HD? Going back and forth between DirecTV and UVerse. Was a long time DirecTV customer, and will go back if both channels available in HD.

Any word on this? Dropping Comcast as soon as I make the decision on this. I know the alternate channels in HD on UVerse, but would prefer DirecTV if the alt channel in HD as well.

Also...who has Uverse? Still a limit on # of HD TVs?

Thanks!!

Last edited:
Anyone know where I can find a replay of the game? My DVR screwed up and stopped recording after Utah St first drive.

I have SECNetwork, but Time Warner Cable customers cannot watch the games on the WatchESPN app for some reason.

Same with Brighthouse. I'm not liking this SEC network thing.

on UVerse its the very next channel next to the SEC Network. 1608 or something. Go to secnetwork.com/channel

You rock!!! I was so pissed when I thought I was gonna be stuck watchin an Alabama game instead of my beloved Vols

VN Store

Back