SEC West teams on the Road

I agree with you with KY, they will play their way out. Florida is locked, Alabama is solid, and I think Ole Miss takes the last spot. Again, I'm not trying to be pessimistic. We have a lot going for us but once again, we just didn't get hot early enough. But I do think that we can do some damage in Nashville in the tourney. We are that middle of the pack team that is hot and clicking at the right time that can make their way through. I'm excited about the way our team has played this last week. It resembles what Tennessee basketball should. Fast, scrappy, resilient.

You left off Missouri and included Alabama? I agree Bama may sneak in, but Mizzou has a much better resume right now. If only three teams get in like you believe, they are in over Bama at this point 10 times out of 10.

No doubt!!! I knew your were a half full person. You just needed a little re-fill.

Gotta remember a BIG factor the selction committee uses; how teams finish the season. Personally I dont care if Ole Miss and Alabama have one or even 2 more wins over all than us. As long as we get to 21 wins. Their RPI is in the triple digits still, I think. I know when we played Ole Miss their RPI was 222. They know a 40 or 50 RPI with 21 wins is better than a 22 or 23 win team with a 123 RPI. I hope...

Believe me, I want nothing more than to see our guys in the tournament. It's been some of my greatest memories in the past 8 years. But this teams resume reminds me all too much of last years without the 3 horrible losses. We just need that signature win. Wichita was good, I doubt we get full credit for the UK W because of Noel and the fact that Kentucky is about to fall off the face of the earth. We NEED the Florida W, we NEED the Mizzou W. If not, we have to be seeking that big W in the tourney.

You left off Missouri and included Alabama? I agree Bama may sneak in, but Mizzou has a much better resume right now. If only three teams get in like you believe, they are in over Bama at this point 10 times out of 10.

You think Bama get's screwed again?

Be realistic. The SEC is extremely weak this season. All the projections have only three teams going. We're sitting in the very middle right now. How are you expecting us to get to the top 3 without winning the tournament? Kentucky, Mizzou, and Arkansas are all in front of us getting to that 3rd place spot. I'm not saying it's impossible, but it's not probable. Just sit back and enjoy the ride down the stretch. We're playing good basketball and that's enough for me.

UT wins out and the RPI is in the low 30s with the SEC tourney still to go. That places them on the right side of the bubble.

Last season we went 8-2 in the final 8 games. We had 3 top 25 W's. We had 3 bad losses that kept us out.

This season we have 2 top 25 W's. Really just 1 because I don't think the selection committee will put much weight on the Kentucky win. We don't have those bad losses that we did last season. But 10 conference wins in the SEC isn't enough as we saw last season.

Last season we went 8-2 in the final 8 games.

Which is almost impossible to do under current NCAA rules what with them only allowing a team to get either 1 win or 1 loss per each game played. :yes: J/K

Last season we went 8-2 in the final 8 games. We had 3 top 25 W's. We had 3 bad losses that kept us out.

This season we have 2 top 25 W's. Really just 1 because I don't think the selection committee will put much weight on the Kentucky win. We don't have those bad losses that we did last season. But 10 conference wins in the SEC isn't enough as we saw last season.

If Tennessee wins out they will have 12 conference wins.

Also, the 10 wins weren't enough because UT couldn't keep it's RPI out of the 80's. I deal breaker come selection time. Their RPI is currently in the 60's with opportunities to improve that.

The only way we make the tournament is if we win the SEC tournament.

Dude seriously, I'm all about discussion...however, you keep saying this but provide no sort of evidence to back this up.

You're statement is flat out wrong and inaccurate, yet you keep saying it. No matter how many times you say it it doesn't become any more true.

If Tennessee wins out they will have 12 conference wins.

Also, the 10 wins weren't enough because UT couldn't keep it's RPI out of the 80's. I deal breaker come selection time. Their RPI is currently in the 60's with opportunities to improve that.

I'm just saying it's a tall task. Losing to Florida and Mizzou which is entirely possible will only give us 10 conference W's. Not too mention we're playing at Georgia. Maybe this time we'll be able to guard Caldwell-Pope, but he tore us up the first go around.

Save me from my ignorance.

For some reason you act as though the NCAA has released an official statement saying the SEC will only get 3 in. Does Lunardi have 3 in? Absolutely. However, selection Sunday is not today, so it doesn't really matter. There were points in this season 5 teams were projected in the NCAA tournament...so it's obviously subject to change.

If any team, not just Tennessee, has a good enough resume to get in the dance then they will...they won't be kept out because it exceeds the 3 team limit from the SEC.

Dude seriously, I'm all about discussion...however, you keep saying this but provide no sort of evidence to back this up.

You're statement is flat out wrong and inaccurate, yet you keep saying it. No matter how many times you say it it doesn't become any more true.

I've been posting my statements all morning on this thread...don't get upset cause we do have fans that don't always expect unrealistic expectations.

I'm just saying it's a tall task. Losing to Florida and Mizzou which is entirely possible will only give us 10 conference W's. Not too mention we're playing at Georgia. Maybe this time we'll be able to guard Caldwell-Pope, but he tore us up the first go around.

You're putting in a lot of ifs there, and naming losses. You said the only way we get in is to win the SECT, if we win out the regular season that's not true.

I've been posting my statements all morning on this thread...don't get upset cause we do have fans that don't always expect unrealistic expectations.

There's a difference between expectations and fact. You saying the only way we get in is to win the SECT and passing it off as fact is completely inaccurate.

If you wanna say I don't expect us to make the dance, I don't think you'd see anybody arguing with you about that. In fact, I think just about every poster on here would agree with you about that.

For some reason you act as though the NCAA has released an official statement saying the SEC will only get 3 in. Does Lunardi have 3 in? Absolutely. However, selection Sunday is not today, so it doesn't really matter. There were points in this season 5 teams were projected in the NCAA tournament...so it's obviously subject to change.

If any team, not just Tennessee, has a good enough resume to get in the dance then they will...they won't be kept out because it exceeds the 3 team limit from the SEC.

There is NOTHING on our resume to suggest we should be in the tournament. You don't go from zero road wins a week ago to a 4 game win streak and all of a sudden we're in the tournament. Sure the RPI might be lower this season, but we don't have any signature wins, and we're just above 500 in an incredibly weak conference. You're assuming that we win out. With Florida, Mizzou, Gerogia, A&M, Auburn...I see 3-2. We still suck on the road.

I don't disagree with what you say here but your original assertion was that UT's only path to the tourney was by winning the SEC championship and that wasn't true then nor is it true now.

truthfully, if UT can beat A&M on Saturday, I like their chances of going 4-0 down the stretch much better than I like their chances of winning the SEC tournament.

There's a difference between expectations and fact. You saying the only way we get in is to win the SECT and passing it off as fact is completely inaccurate.

If you wanna say I don't expect us to make the dance, I don't think you'd see anybody arguing with you about that. In fact, I think just about every poster on here would agree with you about that.

Okay you win. There are other options. Florida, Alabama, Ole Miss, Arkansas, and Kentucky could all lose the rest of their games and we could win the rest of ours. Let's just throw every unrealistic scenario our there into the ring.

There is NOTHING on our resume to suggest we should be in the tournament. You don't go from zero road wins a week ago to a 4 game win streak and all of a sudden we're in the tournament. Sure the RPI might be lower this season, but we don't have any signature wins, and we're just above 500 in an incredibly weak conference. You're assuming that we win out. With Florida, Mizzou, Gerogia, A&M, Auburn...I see 3-2. We still suck on the road.

You keep driving 2 different points. One hand you're mentioning winning out isn't enough, then you're mentioning losses. Well losses aren't winnig out...

The posters on here disagreeing are saying if we win out...well guess what, if we win out...our road record is very respectable. We'll have a few good wins, a couple signature wins in fact. As our resume sits, no we are definitely not a tounrey team, but people are talking about if we win out.

I'm sorry, but you're completely wrong if you think this team wins out and doesn't make the dance.

VN Store

Back