SEC Tournament Results 2024

How will the BasketVols do this week in the SEC Tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
The team that wins this is the team that just absolutely locks in and grinds for 120 minutes in three days. I just don't think we will do that. Look for a team like Alabama who slumped late and dropped a spot or two on the seed line and wants to rebuild their reputation. I think Kentucky has a chance here too. They haven't won it in a while and are peaking.

My guess is Auburn. They are built for a three consecutive game tourney. Super deep. They can outlast the competition. I don’t think we have the depth for it this season.
Auburn is one of 5 teams that easily could be hoisting the trophy. I might have to duck when I say this, but I am worried about the coaching staff in big games. We have done better lately but, CRB has had trouble in the past in the tourneys. (incoming!!!)

FYI we are favored to win it at +175 2nd is AU at +250. Better bets are probably UK at +350 or Bama at +500.

Reactions: walkenvol
If it's too tough for us to reach the finals of the SEC tournament, then how can you possibly think that we could reach the final four and win the ncaa tournament. It doesn't make sense, therefore, since I think the Vols will reach the final four, I also feel that they will win the SEC tournament.
True, but some id the skepticism is the teams in the SEC are familiar with one another. It’s one thing to watch film but another to actual play.

FYI we are favored to win it at +175 2nd is AU at +250. Better bets are probably UK at +350 or Bama at +500.

I think Florida has even better value than Alabama. Not sure what odds the Gators have but they have an elite offense like Alabama and Kentucky but play a little better defense than both squads. I wouldn’t predict them to win it all, but if I was looking for value Florida wouldn’t be a bad bet.

This.And if we get Mississippi State,Aidoo didn't match up well with Tolu Smith last game.
I hope it’s Miss State, they’re NET top 50 and would give us another opportunity at a Quad 1 win. In theory, we could win three games - and SECT- and end up with four more Quad 1 wins if Florida can make it to the Semis and move back into the NET top 30.

It’s not totally far fetched, but 11 Q1 wins matches what UCONN and Houston have right now.

I think Florida has even better value than Alabama. Not sure what odds the Gators have but they have an elite offense like Alabama and Kentucky but play a little better defense than both squads. I wouldn’t predict them to win it all, but if I was looking for value Florida wouldn’t be a bad bet.
I agree with Florida having talent. I don’t think their head coach has the experience to fully exploit his advantageous matchups. Seems like he just lets them play wide open and hope his talent wins out. Too many good players/teams for a coach to not play the odds that are most in his favor. JMO

Golden coaches Florida the same as he did at San Francisco. That is the style he likes to play.

Golden coaches Florida the same as he did at San Francisco. That is the style he likes to play.
If I’m coaching Florida and Samuals is scoring in the post with ease and I have a 15 point lead with under 10 minutes left, then I run time of the clock on each offensive possession then feed Samuals for a bucket. Instead, Golden makes zero adjustments. Worked out last game but they let the South Carolina game get away from them doing the same thing.

Reactions: Volfan1000
Auburn is one of 5 teams that easily could be hoisting the trophy. I might have to duck when I say this, but I am worried about the coaching staff in big games. We have done better lately but, CRB has had trouble in the past in the tourneys. (incoming!!!)

Nuff said.

Auburn laid it on thick to South Carolina again. Their games haven't been close.

The good news is we don't have to worry about the meltdown losing to Pearl's team.

Let’s check in on the “should be SEC Champions but we weren’t healthy but now we are” Bama Crimson Tide.

Attachments

• IMG_7188.jpeg
    IMG_7188.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7190.jpeg
    IMG_7190.jpeg
    83.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_7188.jpeg
    IMG_7188.jpeg
    116.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_7191.jpeg
    IMG_7191.jpeg
    94.1 KB · Views: 6
Reactions: NighthawkVol
So Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee got their asses kicked in the first round. Very interesting indeed. 🤔

So Alabama, Kentucky and Tennessee got their asses kicked in the first round. Very interesting indeed. 🤔

Certainly there is something to the idea that if teams don't have much to play for, they may not play well. And the corollary is also true--bubble teams are going to go all out to win. However, we probably had more to play for than bama or kentucky because there was a 1 seed on the line. The other thing is that teams can be pretty spent after having just wrapped up a grueling 19/20 game conference schedule. It's why conference tourneys have become a joke.

Certainly there is something to the idea that if teams don't have much to play for, they may not play well. And the corollary is also true--bubble teams are going to go all out to win. However, we probably had more to play for than bama or kentucky because there was a 1 seed on the line. The other thing is that teams can be pretty spent after having just wrapped up a grueling 19/20 game conference schedule. It's why conference tourneys have become a joke.
1000% agree

I wonder how much the 1 seed really matters to the players. I’m sure they want it but it’s not going to be as motivating as playing to get into the Dance itself.

Totally unbelievable. Looking like Pearl may win the tourney with the Barn. Dang did I ever want it all! On to the March dance for us

VN Store

Back