SEC Tournament Results 2024

How will the BasketVols do this week in the SEC Tournament?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Volador

Orange you glad to be a Vol??
How far do you think The Vols will go in this weeks SEC Tournament? All the way and win the Championship or....???

Reactions: VAWL FAN
How far do you think The Vols will go in this weeks SEC Tournament? All the way and win the Championship or....???
I think if we win the first game we will go all the way.Something about those first games,even though they're against supposedly lesser teams,that always makes me nervous.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
I voted no, simply because the winner of Auburn/Tennessee (assuming both win Friday) will be worn out from a physical battle. Bama/Cats will be an open court fast break fest. Their legs will likely be much fresher.

I don’t think we will get beyond Auburn if both teams advance to Saturday.

MS State is a good team needing to advance to the semis. Jr could be a difficult game for Auburn.

Interesting that 60% of those responding feel that our Vols will not be cutting down the SEC Tourney nets this weekend.

Just wondering if any of you who are not confident w the Vols going all the way would care to share why you feel this way? Some choices could be:

1. Coaching staff not up to the task
2. Competition is too tough
3. Players stamina for 3 games
4. Other?

1710248857715.png

Interesting that 60% of those responding feel that our Vols will not be cutting down the SEC Tourney nets this weekend.

Just wondering if any of you who are not confident w the Vols going all the way would care to share why you feel this way? Some choices could be:

4. Other?

View attachment 626492

Well, we’ve only won the tournament like 1 time in the last 45 years or so. So I don’t think it’s crazy to think we won’t win.

We just finished a gauntlet of facing 4 Top 20 teams in the AP poll and likely are going to have to beat 3 Top 45 NET teams (possibly two in the top 10) to win the whole thing. If we do make it to Sunday, that is quite the ridiculous 7 game stretch.
Hard to expect a team to go 6-1 against 7 top 45 teams in two and a half weeks.

4. Other?

View attachment 626492

Reactions: Volador
Well, we’ve only won the tournament like 1 time in the last 45 years or so. So I don’t think it’s crazy to think we won’t win.

We just finished a gauntlet of facing 4 Top 20 teams in the AP poll and likely are going to have to beat 3 Top 45 NET teams (possibly two in the top 10) to win the whole thing. If we do make it to Sunday, that is quite the ridiculous 7 game stretch.
Detail, details....;)

Tend to agree w you - daunting task/s ahead of them to win SEC and NCAA tourneys.

I think if we win the first game we will go all the way.Something about those first games,even though they're against supposedly lesser teams,that always makes me nervous.
It think it's the other team having a complete game shooting on both ends of the court and familiarity with the environment

Reactions: VAWL FAN

4. Other?

View attachment 626492
My guess is Auburn. They are built for a three consecutive game tourney. Super deep. They can outlast the competition. I don’t think we have the depth for it this season.

Not that I like losing the final regular season to the Cats, let alone anyone, but I hope it lights a fire this week during the tourney. Thats why I pick the Vols a winner. Our ability to grind out and win games on the road this season gives hope, we just have to hope they don't have a dud shooting the ball. After a week of rest, I think these guys will be lit.

I think we can still go to the final four but will lose to Auburn in semis. Knecht will always give us a chance, but Aidoo and another beyond ZZ (Santi, JJJ, Gainey) must score 8-10 points.

I think we can still go to the final four but will lose to Auburn in semis. Knecht will always give us a chance, but Aidoo and another beyond ZZ (Santi, JJJ, Gainey) must score 8-10 points.
Hopefully this post doesn't come back to bite but something about this Auburn team doesn't worry as others in the past. Seems they aren't as athletic as previous teams and don't have the threat from 3. But they also have 2 or 3 head cases that can help the other team that they haven't had. imo

Hopefully this post doesn't come back to bite but something about this Auburn team doesn't worry as others in the past. Seems they aren't as athletic as previous teams and don't have the threat from 3. But they also have 2 or 3 head cases that can help the other team that they haven't had. imo
Also people seem to forget that Auburn played close to their A game and still lost to us earlier. I doubt they shoot that well again from 3 against us.

Also people seem to forget that Auburn played close to their A game and still lost to us earlier. I doubt they shoot that well again from 3 against us.
Yeah they played well.. unfortunately for them Mr. Knecht caught a case of the can't misses. I really just like how they matchup this yr.

Reactions: CornbreadVol
If it's too tough for us to reach the finals of the SEC tournament, then how can you possibly think that we could reach the final four and win the ncaa tournament. It doesn't make sense, therefore, since I think the Vols will reach the final four, I also feel that they will win the SEC tournament.

Reactions: Caculator
If it's too tough for us to reach the finals of the SEC tournament, then how can you possibly think that we could reach the final four and win the ncaa tournament. It doesn't make sense, therefore, since I think the Vols will reach the final four, I also feel that they will win the SEC tournament.

It’s not unrealistic to think that depending on our draw and room for upsets, winning the SEC tournament might be harder than making a Final Four.

Think about it this way:

In the SEC tournament, there is a strong possibility that we will face Mississippi State in Round 1. They are 42 in the NET. In the NCAA, we will get a 15/16 seed in round 1.

For the SEC tournament, our Round 2 matchup is going to be Auburn IMO, who is 6th in the NET. For the NCAA, we will get somewhere between a 7-10 seed whose NET is likely to be somewhere between 25-40 if I had to guess.

For the SEC championship game, you are very likely going to face either Alabama (NET 8) or Kentucky (NET 19) who is playing above their NET ranking. It’s hard to project what a S16/E8 matchup would be like with upsets, but it’s not crazy to think TN could face weaker opponents in the S16 than the SEC championship game.

So, IMO, winning the SEC tournament this year is very possibly going to be much harder than making a Final Four when you take into account you play on 3 straight days as well.

VN Store

Back