SEC Tournament Bracket (projection)

Huh? I would love that draw. Vandy is garbage, and UK is not that good. Would rather play UK than Florida or Ole Miss.

Its still hard to beat a team Three times. We swept Ole Miss twice last year and lost the third time in the tournament hope we don't have the same fate this year.

I think we win out and move up at least to a 5 seed. I'd be very surprised if we're still at a number 7 when the tourney starts.

Sweet, I thought so but wasn't sure. I'd end the season now for that draw. Vandy, then Bama, and UK as the 3 seed on our side of the bracket.

Unfortunately, it won't stay that way. If we win out, we will pass Mizzou to get to at least 6. Arky's next game is at Mizzou (presumably a Loss for Arky), which would put us as a 5 seed (again, assuming we win out). Ole Miss plays Bama still, UK has to play Florida (which UK should lose obviously) If Bama beats Ole Miss, Bama would be 2, UK 3, Ole Miss 4. If Ole Miss beats Bama, Ole Miss 2, Bama 3, UK 4. And of course that assumes that Ole Miss, Bama and UK win their other games that they should. The way I see it, the most advantageous way for us to get to the weekend is Arkansas beating Mizzou at Mizzou and getting the 5, UT getting the 6, Bama beating Ole Miss which gives bama 2 and uk 3, with ole miss being the 4 and on florida's side of the bracket. So our road would be crap game on Thursday, UK Friday to end their tourney hopes, Bama Saturday to crush their hopes, and then Florida or Ole Miss for the title...confused? I am.

If Mizzou beats Arky, we need Ole Miss to beat Bama so we would play UK as the 4/5 matchup and hope to beat Florida on Saturday...leaving Bama or Ole Miss for Sunday...

As I type this, I realize that all of this will change by Wednesday and then again by the weekend...oh well, I love basketball.

I think we win out and move up at least to a 5 seed. I'd be very surprised if we're still at a number 7 when the tourney starts.

Correct. If we win out, we are guaranteed a 5 or 6, depending on how arkansas finishes...unless uk or bama falls on their face...not sure how the tie breakers would fall since we split with those...

Last edited:
I did not. If they win 1 of their last two and we win out, there would be a tie with us, ole miss, Mizzou or Arkansas I believe. Unsure how that would fall...

1st game then - will they get a bye even with losses to Auburn and Missouri ?

looking that over - its a damn shame about that loss today -- with Ole Miss floundering UT could very well have gotten the 4th seed --

I don't want to face Bama or UGA in the tourney. You'd think we could beat UGA a third time, but Fox knows how to scout UT. They are just a bad matchup for one reason or another for us. Bama grinds games out like we do at times. They will be a tough out.

I don't like playing a team three times, but we're a bad matchup for Candy. I think we'd take them again. Who knows how we'd do against Ole Miss. They're in free fall mode while we've played well until today.

I don't want to face Bama or UGA in the tourney. You'd think we could beat UGA a third time, but Fox knows how to scout UT. They are just a bad matchup for one reason or another for us. Bama grinds games out like we do at times. They will be a tough out.

I don't like playing a team three times, but we're a bad matchup for Candy. I think we'd take them again. Who knows how we'd do against Ole Miss. They're in free fall mode while we've played well until today.

I'd like to play Bama over Ole Miss.

Reactions: 1 person
I'd like to play Bama over Ole Miss.

I don't know. Bama is playing really well right now. Ole Miss is in freefall mode. I just don't want to see UGA anymore. I thought the team would be pissed off for losing at home to UGA and they laid an egg today. They played Ole Miss much tougher the second time, but laid an egg today against UGA on the second try. Fox just knows how to gameplan our ass.

Can't believe somebody is afraid for the Vols to play Georgia? Now that's confidence!

This is a reasonable scenario of GUESSING the outcomes of the remaining games, and assuming Tennessee beats Auburn and Missouri.

Florida 15-3
Alabama 12-6
OleMiss 11-7
Kentucky 11-7, If Kentucky beats Georgia their 12-6
Missouri 11-7, If Arky beats Missouri then Arkansas 11-7
Tennessee 11-7
Who would get the byes? Florida, Alabama and who?

This is a reasonable scenario of GUESSING the outcomes of the remaining games, and assuming Tennessee beats Auburn and Missouri.

Florida 15-3
Alabama 12-6
OleMiss 11-7
Tennessee 11-7

If Arky beats Mizzou and we win out...that would put Arky at 11-7 and Mizzou at 10-8...Leaving Ole Miss, UK, UT, and Arky tied. If Mizzou beats Arky and we win out that would leave Ole Miss, UK, UT, and Mizzou tied.

With the tiebreakers being head to head with all teams tied, the first scenario would have UK grabbing the 3rd spot at 3-1, Ole Miss at 4 at 3-2, Tenn at 5 at 2-3, Mizzou at 6 at 2-3.

Second scenario would be Ole Miss at 3 at 3-1, Arky at 4 at 2-1, UK at 5 at 2-2, UT at 6 at 1-4.

Taking it one step further...if UK were to beat UGA, they would solidy their thrid spot. Ole Miss would be 4 at 3-1, Tenn 5 at 1-2, Mizzou at 6 at 1-2 (I believe by virtue of our theorized head to head win against Mizzou). Or if arky were to beat Mizzou, you would have Ole Miss at 4 at 3-0, Arky at 5 at 1-1, and UT at 6 at 0-3.

This is assuming Ole Miss loses to Bama but beats LSU at LSU...I think there is a possiblity that Ole Miss loses both of those games, putting them at 10-8. If my math is right, in order for UT to secure a double bye, we would need Ole Miss to lose both, Mizzou to beat Arky and we obviously need to win out...then that bears the argument do we even want the double bye? If that happened, we would have Mizzou on Friday and Florida on Saturday...yikes.

Bottom line? The picture will be much, much clearer after the mid-week games this week...

Florida 15-3
Alabama 12-6
OleMiss 11-7
Tennessee 11-7

I believe Arkansas and Ole Miss would be the next two byes

Ok I'm gonna give my most likely projection, which means it definitely won't happen. This is predicting all games, and then tiebreakers and the final standings.

Final Standings

1. Florida 15-3
2. Alabama 12-6
3. Kentucky 12-6
4. Ole Miss 11-7
5. Tennessee 11-7
6. Missouri 11-7
7. Arkansas 10-8
8. Georgia 8-10
9. Vandy 8-10
10. LSU 8-10
11. A&M 8-10