SEC attrition and outlook

Are there 2 different ways to declare?

One with and one without an agent

You can not hire an agent, test waters at the combine, get an evaluation, and if you are still unsure, return to college. With the way rules are set up now, players don't need to rely on an agent to help them figure out where they go.

Under the old way kids still received their draft grades before the deadline?

These kids are staying in school that don't hire an agent I assume?

Under the old way kids still received their draft grades before the deadline?

These kids are staying in school that don't hire an agent I assume?

They couldn't go to the combine and get that exact info from the team. And yes, hiring an agent forfeits amatuer status from what I remember reading.

Rick is a good recruiter and a very good practice coach, but he is the type guy who needs 4 or 5 years to get a team to the top. I'm not sure at this stage in his career he has the time to really make UT a contender in the long haul. I see him around from 3 to 4 years as a stabilizing force and then we transition on to an up and comer.

Our incoming class, compared to these others you see on the list...I don't see a path to a lot of improvement in SEC standings.

agreed, CRB was a waste of time

The 20,000 maniacs at Rupp Arena would disagree

Ky basketball fans are like mindless robots. They travel in droves to watch the SEC basketball tournament each year. Many of which will sit in that empty arena watching Mississippi State battle it out at 2 pm on a Wednesday afternoon.

You put a basketball in front of them and they will watch.

Doesn't change the fact that their program has no soul. Again, not saying that I wouldn't enjoy UT having their success. Just pointing out that they are full fledged mercenary program. It's not a college basketball program anymore. It's an NBA D league team.

Reactions: 1 person
Ky basketball fans are like mindless robots. They travel in droves to watch the SEC basketball tournament each year. Many of which will sit in that empty arena watching Mississippi State battle it out at 2 pm on a Wednesday afternoon.

Doesn't change the fact that their program has no soul. Again, not saying that I wouldn't enjoy UT having their success. Just pointing out that they are full fledged mercenary program. It's not a college basketball program anymore. It's an NBA D league team.

Sorry for not recruiting a bunch of 3 stars then. When you are UK, and you can go out and recruit five 5 stars, you do it. In this day and age, kids are more ready to leave than ever. I consider it a success that so many kids have had success in the pros, and don't need to waste time in college if they honestly don't need it.

Tell me we have no soul when we've had guys like Miller, Patterson, the Harrisons, Jones, Poythress, Ulis, Lee, etc.

Same with our football fans. We'll pack more into a stadium for a spring game than most teams do for an actual game. Our fans in football are just as passionate as their basketball fans. Look at how we travel to bowl games. Our fans are selling out a race track ffs lol.

Same with our football fans. We'll pack more into a stadium for a spring game than most teams do for an actual game. Our fans in football are just as passionate as their basketball fans. Look at how we travel to bowl games. Our fans are selling out a race track ffs lol.

Our fans would not attend a Vandy UK football game just because it's there. That is the difference.

Our fans would not attend a Vandy UK football game just because it's there. That is the difference.

There's a difference though. If Vandy played at the same stadium a day, or an hour before they would. It's not like UK fans go to Starkville to randomly watch a game, they are already at the tournament who wouldn't go watch as much basketball as you can? I think if football had an SEC tournament there would be many UT fans going to watch other teams before or after UT played.

Yeeeeeees......I mean, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

also, hahhahahahahha

and Bolden please come down
Man. What a diva. I think players need to be more humble and realize "man if I can't even rebound or score consistentally in college, how in the world can I do it anywhere else?" But they don't.

Skal is not ready for the big leagues

Yeeeeeees......I mean, Nooooooooooooooooooooooooo

also, hahhahahahahha

and Bolden please come down

Yeah, Bolden talks about playing time attracting him to Duke, but I feel like he may actually play more at UK. UK has Adebayo and Gabriel, and a lot of depth up front, but Duke has Giles and Jefferson and I'm not sure how often they'll come off the floor. Jeter was a 5* too if he learns to play

Man. What a diva. I think players need to be more humble and realize "man if I can't even rebound or score consistentally in college, how in the world can I do it anywhere else?" But they don't.

Money talks. From what I heard he was never going to spend 2 or 3 years in a classroom. He was leaving from day one. He has potential and he at least flashed it a few times near the end of the season. Can shoot, occasionally block shots. Just needs to eat and work on his mentality.

I shouldn't be mean and laugh like I am doing, but I have to chuckle at the Skal experience. What a mess.

Yeah, Bolden talks about playing time attracting him to Duke, but I feel like he may actually play more at UK. UK has Adebayo and Gabriel, and a lot of depth up front, but Duke has Giles and Jefferson and I'm not sure how often they'll come off the floor. Jeter was a 5* too if he learns to play

Will Giles be 100%?

UK has more bodies, but if he comes I don't see how we can't give him minutes over Humphries/Wynard. If he wants time, go to Duke though. Less guys to compete against.

It's not really about humility. He can develop in the NBA without wasting another year playing for free

It was a smart choice for Skal to leave this year. If he comes back he has a chance to improve his stock a little, but if he had another year like he had this year he'd become a 2nd rounder. He's still projected as a lottery pick in some mocks this year. Take the money now.

VN Store

Back