SEC attrition and outlook

I note that Pearl is already attracting 5 stars... inevitably Auburn will rise to the top as we once did. Congrats to them in advance, at least it's not Alabama or Florida.

:lolabove:hate to disappoint you but Auburn will never " rise to the top". They are a dead end program for coaches and have really never been relevant in the SEC except when Sonny Smith had a few good years. Bruce Pearl more than likely won't be there in 2 years.

Reactions: 1 person
:lolabove:hate to disappoint you but Auburn will never " rise to the top". They are a dead end program for coaches and have really never been relevant in the SEC except when Sonny Smith had a few good years. Bruce Pearl more than likely won't be there in 2 years.

When Fulmer takes over as AD, he'll be back home where he belongs.

I note that Pearl is already attracting 5 stars... inevitably Auburn will rise to the top as we once did. Congrats to them in advance, at least it's not Alabama or Florida.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm thinking a pretty good part of his TN magic ended up in Johnson City. We'll see.

I think we will be young and green but it will be more fun to watch some real talent on the court.We will have 3 players who can play PG,plenty of talent at the 2-3 position and I'm sure Fulks/Williams/Alexander will be better than Reese.

Culture will be better. Not sure about next year's tourney, but we'll be there in 2018 and I think we'll be there to stay.

Poythress, Skal, Lee, Ulis, Isaiah, and Murray have all declared for the draft.

Here we go again.

Kentucky basketball has no soul. Mercenary program. I don't even bother learning their players names any more.

I mean, it's not your team, so why would you learn then? I forget UT's guys sometimes, and I watch more of them than any other team besides UK. :p

I mean, it's not your team, so why would you learn then? I forget UT's guys sometimes, and I watch more of them than any other team besides UK. :p

Because I follow UT that means I follow the SEC to a degree. I used to be a season ticket holder. I knew most of the key players for every team. UK has guys who are probably lottery picks that I couldn't pick out of a lineup.

UK basketball lost its soul when it sold out to the mercenary one and done style. Sure the wins are nice but 1 semester pros are not what college is about. Not saying I wouldn't trade places with UK as far as basketball tradition. I'm just saying the program has no soul. It is a mercenary program used as a NBA daycare.

Because I follow UT that means I follow the SEC to a degree. I used to be a season ticket holder. I knew most of the key players for every team. UK has guys who are probably lottery picks that I couldn't pick out of a lineup.

UK basketball lost its soul when it sold out to the mercenary one and done style. Sure the wins are nice but 1 semester pros are not what college is about. Not saying I wouldn't trade places with UK as far as basketball tradition. I'm just saying the program has no soul. It is a mercenary program used as a NBA daycare.

Like I've said to others, UK recruits the best players. It's the nba/ncaa that has the system where we have to play rent-a-player for a season. UK gets criticized for simply getting the best players? All these other programs love to talk, but they talk because either they are jealous or not successful with the one-and-done (i.e Louisville's Rick Pitino). Coach K wins a title with some freshman pieces and he's just a great teacher for the young kids. Cal does it with 4 or 5 new faces most seasons and he is Satan.

I don't think the majority of UK fans would take one-and-done over a bunch of 3-4 year guys, but it's the way high school/college/nba has been arranged. I hope it changes soon.

Only one that surprised me is Isaiah, think any of those come back, or have they all hired agents?

I meant to say it but forget when responding...

Basically they all declared their names for submission to the nba. As far as I know, they can still be invited to the combine, see what the stock is, and then return. But I'm pretty sure only one of them could be back from what I heard.

Like I've said to others, UK recruits the best players. It's the nba/ncaa that has the system where we have to play rent-a-player for a season. UK gets criticized for simply getting the best players? All these other programs love to talk, but they talk because either they are jealous or not successful with the one-and-done (i.e Louisville's Rick Pitino). Coach K wins a title with some freshman pieces and he's just a great teacher for the young kids. Cal does it with 4 or 5 new faces most seasons and he is Satan.

I don't think the majority of UK fans would take one-and-done over a bunch of 3-4 year guys, but it's the way high school/college/nba has been arranged. I hope it changes soon.

Say what you want. Your program lost its soul. I don't have a problem with Cal or UK getting great players. The program still has no soul.

and why - UT has great facilities and fans and i thought Nike was a factor for getting bigtime recruits -- so why arent they coming ?

Did you see the KNS article about the facilities at UT being inadequate for hosting the NCAA tourney?

Are there 2 different ways to declare?

One with and one without an agent

Correct.

If you declare without an agent you have until May 25 to return to school.

If you declare and hire an agent then you can not return to school.

You have until May 25th to withdraw, the NBA combine is a week prior so now kids can go through the process and get better feedback from teams than before.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back