Schools eye beer sales for help

For a revenue stream I think they should offer beer and a limited array of mixed drinks. Personally I drink bourbon not beer so I will still bring mine in with me even if they sold beer. There is no down side, its not like they ask you to leave they just take your bottle. I am almost 45 years old and have yet to have a bottle taken as a student long ago till now as a fan.

We use those little margarita/pina colada bags that look like a capri sun for fundraisers at work. If they sell for $4-5 at work, then $5 should work at a stadium.

May actually help reduce the number of belligerent fans at games, since people may elect to drink at a reasonable pace and stick to beer, vs. guzzling liquor before the game and/or sneaking liquor in.

Agree. Not that I used to do that or anything.

Last edited:
Difficult decision. SEC fans are crazy enough without stadium beer sales. I know lots of people bring in liquor, but I'm afraid games will get like European soccer games with inside sales. I'd be very cautious on this issue, but I still want the beer barrel back.

Alcohol should not be sold at large sporting events.
Look at what is happening in Europe.
Fans are killing each other.
Would you take your kids where a lot of people are drinking and some drunk.
Nada.

Are you serious with this ****? So selling beer at games = fans killing each other? Do you take your kids to Seaworld? Probably shouldn't because they sell beer there and all.

I do a fair amount of beer drinking, and up until the last 5 years of so, I would agree. However, go to a pro game look at all the idiot drunks who are out of control. I really don't care to take my 11 year old to one because of the hostility in the crowds and, in general people don't give a rip with their language, whether a kid is around or not. Spare me the, "they hear worse in school crap", it's not an individual problem, more societal. SEC fans are passionate enough and do plenty of drinking out in the tailgating areas as it is, as well as sneaking it in. Just think about a big rivalry game and fans busting out in brawls over the stadium because everyone thinks they are superman the more they drink, no thanks....

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back