Schools eye beer sales for help

fine , then you can't be serious if you think all the tailgaters are going to sip ice tea and lemonade before the game . People will just add on to what they already had .

This is similar logic that some dry towns and counties have about alcohol sales making everyone drunkards and wife beaters.

I'm all for it. If people want to drink at the games they do anyway, and it's the hard stuff they're sneaking in. Nothing against that as it don't bother me at all as long as they can handle it and not be obnoxious. I like to enjoy a few beers while watching a game and love to have a few beers while taking in the pre-game festivities. Selling beer at games would generate A LOT of money for the university and athletic department that we could use to continue upgrading our facilities and aid in the cost of things like coach buy outs. I was at the NC State game in ATL and drank a few there, and I don't recall any fans acting obnoxiously because of drinking. Might as well cash in on it, and do like other sporting events and cut off sales sometime in the 2nd half of the game. Just my 2 cents

I've seen far more people dangerously drunk at SEC games (where there are no beer sales, so everyone drinks and smuggles in hard liquor) than I have at NFL games, where people can openly drink beer while tailgating and buy more once they get inside. All a complete ban on alcohol does is push people to drink something they can hide, which means hard liquor, which leads to the binge drinking that gets people sloppy and unsafe.

Truth

Reactions: 1 person
For myself, I am drinking regardless. If I were drinking beer I would have to leave my seat, stand in line walk back to my seat and repeat which takes time and effort. If there is no beer being sold I am reaching into my pocket for an instant Jack Daniels. I would think that beer sales would slow down the process of drinking and reduce amount of drunk idiots at the game. Oh yeah, and we can make $$$ on it. No brainer.

Have to change to some of grandpa's cough syrup when their in frost in the air

Attachments

• images (1).jpg
    images (1).jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 145
I like to enjoy a few beers while watching a game and love to have a few beers while taking in the pre-game festivities.

I like to have a few beers while watching as well...I also like a few beers during the pre-game just like you. Try a few after, too...I've found that to be fun. If your team wins, then you can bet you'll have a few extra in celebration...and if your team loses, there's a few to drink to drown your sorrows.

I then get up the next day, turn on the NFL, rinse and repeat.

This is truly a great country...

I believe this would help actually. People wouldn't try to drink so much before the game and over do it. I know I've been guilty of it a few times.

I'm not a big fan of beer at college games. Most fans are ready to fight each other as it is. This would be like throwing gasoline on a fire

Reactions: 2 people
For a revenue stream I think they should offer beer and a limited array of mixed drinks. Personally I drink bourbon not beer so I will still bring mine in with me even if they sold beer. There is no down side, its not like they ask you to leave they just take your bottle. I am almost 45 years old and have yet to have a bottle taken as a student long ago till now as a fan.

I think it's a good idea.

Think of the revenue that could be made on fines and court costs for the arrests made at these games.

We might be able pay down the national debt.

They should.
I mean hell why not? A good portion of fans are doing it anyway before the game and plus it could "cut down" underage drinking. It will keep fans at the game longer and make fans show up to games. I know MTSU is a little different but when I would tailgate, I would get so plastered that I decided to not go because I wanted to keep drinking. Plus, their games are horrendously boring.

They should.
I mean hell why not? A good portion of fans are doing it anyway before the game and plus it could "cut down" underage drinking. It will keep fans at the game longer and make fans show up to games. I know MTSU is a little different but when I would tailgate, I would get so plastered that I decided to not go because I wanted to keep drinking. Plus, their games are horrendously boring.

They don't that 17K crowd to turn into mob rule at MTSU

I'm not a big fan of beer at college games. Most fans are ready to fight each other as it is. This would be like throwing gasoline on a fire

I'm not a big fan of sitting near people who have been pounding whiskey for three hours. Beer sales would eliminate most of that.

It should be sold in every SEC stadium. Schools will make money on it, and it will eliminate some of the need to sneak in the hard stuff. Its a volume thing, isn't it, a liter of beer you will be a little tipsy/pretty drunk.....a liter of whiskey you would more than likely not be able to walk, speak, probably be dead or close to it. Pretty simple if you ask me, there would be no need to "chug" stuff before you went to the game to keep the buzz going longer. All you would need to do is buy a couple of beers at the game to do that, and it would be a lot safer for the drinkers and the people around them.

It should be sold in every SEC stadium. Schools will make money on it, and it will eliminate some of the need to sneak in the hard stuff. Its a volume thing, isn't it, a liter of beer you will be a little tipsy/pretty drunk.....a liter of whiskey you would more than likely not be able to walk, speak, probably be dead or close to it. Pretty simple if you ask me, there would be no need to "chug" stuff before you went to the game to keep the buzz going longer. All you would need to do is buy a couple of beers at the game to do that, and it would be a lot safer for the drinkers and the people around them.

Draft beer and Petro's... Lethal

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back