Saturday Practice

I agree with the comments about Mosley. He will improve with each and every practice as he gets into football shape. By August, he will be a much different player.

Exciting news about Griffin. Looking like he will contribute earlier than expected. Just shows how talented this class is.

Tuttle making noise and that is great news.

Dormady success early isn't a surprise. I think everyone expected him to show his polish. Jennings will get there. They will coach him up.

Reactions: 1 person
Mack Crowder holding his own against Mosley, a guy that outweighs Crowder by nearly 100 lbs, is not a good sign for Mosley IMO.

Fade, I would agree with you a little more if this was the end of the season. But Mosley missed all last year with a severe leg injury and I saw earlier he is not fully recovered from it first off, and secondly that injury might be nagging him in that he is not completely confident in the leg yet. Somewhat like severe ACL, MCL recoveries that might a few months of mental recovery after the physical recovery. Long term though it is a bad thing. Hopefully after knocking the rust off Mosley will get rolling.

Reactions: 1 person
Mack Crowder holding his own against Mosley, a guy that outweighs Crowder by nearly 100 lbs, is not a good sign for Mosley IMO.

Not quite 100....Crowder is listed at 290, Mosley 350 on the official roster. Plus, I'm sure Charles is still working to regain/learn some technique and explosiveness after the bad injury.

On the other hand, it says good things about Mack's technique getting better. Any time you can hold your own against a guy who weighs 60-70 pounds more than you, you've got some skill going.

Reactions: 2 people

People are being way too charitable when it comes to this comment. It's total garbage. (Ask for a mulligan).

First, as has been noted, Mosley is coming off of a very serious injury and a season away from the game.

Second, in the middle of the O-line, Mack should regularly be going up against people who are well into the 300+ pound range. Should he be losing to every single one of them? Should we expect him to get bullied each time he has to square off against a DT?

Third, Mack is 3.5 years older than Charles, and is much more developed. He should have an edge that isn't registered solely in size.

Fourth, as has been noted in the thread already, Charles is not 400 lbs, and is not 100 lbs heavier than Mack. And, if he were 100 lbs heavier, he would be too fat to move, and wouldn't be expected to win a drill anyway.

You didn't just swing and miss, Fade. You swung and smacked yourself in the back of the head with the bat.

Last edited:
Reactions: 21 people
On the other hand, it says good things about Mack's technique getting better. Any time you can hold your own against a guy who weighs 60-70 pounds more than you, you've got some skill going.
This is where my head was as well. I've been seeing in some of the threads Crowder being punked by a committed few here on VN. It's common to see him left off as a starter at center on some folks projections. Bet on it, barring injury, Crowder is the starting center for 119 hands down.

Reactions: 2 people
Question from a noob to the experienced folks: What's the deal with "Junior Day"? What does it include, and why?

Question from a noob to the experienced folks: What's the deal with "Junior Day"? What does it include, and why?

Aspiring high school juniors visit UT. They are given special treatment. You typically leave a great impression on them, with some even committing.

Ja'Wuan James @JawuanJames70 Retweeted by Tennessee Football
Yall watch out for the name "Shy Tuttle" you'll be hearing it often #VFL

Also encouraging to hear Reeves-Maybin's response when asked about the best hit of the day: "I'm going to say Gavin Bryant on Ray Raulerson. Gavin is probably one of the hardest hitters on this team. If someone is in his way when he is running it is not a good place to be."

Reactions: 8 people
My Lord, Moseley is a GIANT man!!! He looks like a man among boys in the practice vids

VN Store

Back