Santorum

He reminds me of the lawyer in the court scene of Good Will Hunting.

I do find it strange that everyone wants to call him a bigot, because he opposes gay marriage. That is a legal matter where he supports the status quo. Someone disagreeing with your stance on an issue doesn't make them a bigot. It's easier to call someone close-minded than to actually be open-minded yourself, and consider their point of view.

Reactions: 1 person
He reminds me of the lawyer in the court scene of Good Will Hunting.

I do find it strange that everyone wants to call him a bigot, because he opposes gay marriage. That is a legal matter where he supports the status quo. Someone disagreeing with your stance on an issue doesn't make them a bigot. It's easier to call someone close-minded than to actually be open-minded yourself, and consider their point of view.

I don't have to consider certain points of view for very long to know they are bigoted

I don't have to consider certain points of view for very long to know they are bigoted

Okay, that may be the case with some things, but I really don't think Santorum, from what I've heard, is a bigot here. His stance on a real issue is a conservative one. He isn't like showing animosity and intolerance towards homosexuals. He simply doesn't believe in changing the definition of marriage from what it is now.

Okay, that may be the case with some things, but I really don't think Santorum, from what I've heard, is a bigot here. His stance on a real issue is a conservative one. He isn't like showing animosity and intolerance towards homosexuals. He simply doesn't believe in changing the definition of marriage from what it is now.

by denying them equal rights that straight couples get? Sure he is

Marriage is viewed, by conservatives, as a gender-based institution that attaches mothers and fathers to each other and to their children. Supporting the status quo is an attempt at giving children at least a chance at having a real relationship with a mom and a dad. That is what marriage is recognized as. Someone not wanting to change that doesn't make them a bigot. It doesn't at all mean that they hate gays for being gay.

Marriage is viewed, by conservatives, as a gender-based institution that attaches mothers and fathers to each other and to their children. Supporting the status quo is an attempt at giving children at least a chance at having a real relationship with a mom and a dad. That is what marriage is recognized as. Someone not wanting to change that doesn't make them a bigot. It doesn't at all mean that they hate gays for being gay.

A 'real relationship'? Homosexual couples are not capable of having 'real relationships' with their children?

Did you not read the whole sentence?

I did. I read your entire post. It is interesting what comes out subconsciously though when you hate a person enough to encourage stripping away their rights to love and spend their life with (or even just a part of their life with) whomever it is they want to love and spend their life with.

Keep telling yourself you are tolerant of them, though.

I did. I read your entire post. It is interesting what comes out subconsciously though when you hate a person enough to encourage stripping away their rights to love and spend their life with (or even just a part of their life with) whomever it is they want to love and spend their life with.

:eek:lol:Interesting

Santorum's stance on this issue aligns with most of the people in the country, including California voters who have voted twice to keep marriage between one man and one woman.

I am against it completely but I would like this to be a states issue, if a state wants to allow it, be my guest.

As well it should be. Even that is debatable though, the gov has way to much say in our lives as is though.
Ah, such is life.

By the way, that is Dr. Paul's stance on the issue as well....lol
Coming around justin?...lol

Where was anything said about "stripping away ones rights to love and spending their life with whomever"?

How exactly does one strip away the ability to love?

VN Store

Back