Samsung Note 7

Apple ALWAYS has to do something to make you pay more money for using their crap. We're taking away the headphone jack for no other reason than to make you buy a pair of lightning headphones with our special connector.

Apple ALWAYS has to do something to make you pay more money for using their crap. We're taking away the headphone jack for no other reason than to make you buy a pair of lightning headphones with our special connector.

I've heard from Apple fanboys that it's because "you can't have a headphone jack hole in a water resistant phone", that's bull****. I had the galaxy s5 and now the s7, both water resistant with headphone jack holes.

I've heard from Apple fanboys that it's because "you can't have a headphone jack hole in a water resistant phone", that's bull****. I had the galaxy s5 and now the s7, both water resistant with headphone jack holes.

They're idiots. :)

That's not why they removed it.

The Lightning headphone will be included with the 7. So will a dongle if you have some 3rd party headphones you prefer.

Now if you want their new wireless headphones, that will cost a buck sixty. If you are an apple user they do seem pretty slick since they will auto sync with all your devices and switch between seamlessly with out any unpair/pair action required by the user.

As for iMessage, I prefer it because it works across all my Apple devices. Since OSX Mavericks it even pushes SMS to my MAC. I know there are some Andriod/Windows work arounds to this but iMessage works out of the box with a simple iCloud login.

I've not heard anyone, especially Apple, say that.

They got rid of it for a few reasons.

1) they want to push wireless.
2) simplify design (an Apple trademark)
3) removing the single use port hike precious space to pack in other tech like a better battery.

As long as the dongle is included so I can still use my old headphones I have no problem with it. Although, I tend to have ear pods stashed in various places for when I need them. With only one dongle that will make this practice more difficult. I rarely find myself charging my phone and listening to headphones at the same time but I could see where that is an issue for others.

But hey... At least it doesn't catch on fire.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
The Lightning headphone will be included with the 7. So will a dongle if you have some 3rd party headphones you prefer.

Now if you want their new wireless headphones, that will cost a buck sixty. If you are an apple user they do seem pretty slick since they will auto sync with all your devices and switch between seamlessly with out any unpair/pair action required by the user.

As for iMessage, I prefer it because it works across all my Apple devices. Since OSX Mavericks it even pushes SMS to my MAC. I know there are some Andriod/Windows work arounds to this but iMessage works out of the box with a simple iCloud login.

I believe they're also offering a bluetooth headphone option as well which is quite a price hike. Unless I misheard that part.

I believe they're also offering a bluetooth headphone option as well which is quite a price hike. Unless I misheard that part.

Lightning and dongle adapter included.

New Air Pods are a separate purchase for $159.

The Note 7 recalls are getting serious. I overheard announcements at airports this week that due to its issues the FAA will not allow it to be:
  • Stowed under the plane
  • Powered on while on the plane
  • Charged while on the plane

The Note 7 recalls are getting serious. I overheard announcements at airports this week that due to its issues the FAA will not allow it to be:
  • Stowed under the plane
  • Powered on while on the plane
  • Charged while on the plane

Yeah, I hope spyfish swapped his out before it blew up on him.

I have it. Love the phone. I will swap out with a new one in the coming week. Only a little taller than my Motorola Droid Turbo. Not much different than the edge. I wanted the pen for note taking at work. Feels great in the hand with the curved edges.

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

Maybe this will make Samsung go back to replaceable batteries. Wishful thinking I know.

Reactions: 2 people
Maybe this will make Samsung go back to replaceable batteries. Wishful thinking I know.

Replaceable batteries were one of my favorite things about my old Galaxy Nexus. None of the phones I've had since then have replaceable batteries, and I definitely miss that. One of the biggest reasons I was disappointed with Google dropping the ax on Project Ara.

Yeah, I hope spyfish swapped his out before it blew up on him.

Still here! I understand this to be a charging issue. I just have limited the high speed charging. Taking it to the game tomorrow. I like having the hottest phone on the market... famous last words..... Got another plane flight Tuesday. Hopefully i can get a new one before then. :D

Still here! I understand this to be a charging issue. I just have limited the high speed charging. Taking it to the game tomorrow. I like having the hottest phone on the market... famous last words..... Got another plane flight Tuesday. Hopefully i can get a new one before then. :D

"Fan catches fire at Neyland Stadium during TN vs Ohio game. UT police suspect either spontaneous combustion or a Samsung Note 7."

188fc393ce78b279c964d054a996228d.jpg
phone still works!

Sent from my SM-N930V using Tapatalk

You're right about iMessage. I don't have any experience with Allo though, so I can't answer that.

With iMessage you can see that your message has been "delivered" and "read" when texting other iphone users. And it shows "..." when someone is replying to you.

Allo was released this morning. Downloaded it and tested it with my wife when I got to work. I appears to be more in line with apps such as WhatsApp or Facebook Messenger. No SMS/text capabilites tied in for overall use with people who haven't downloaded it. Disappointing, for sure. The Google assistant feature is a pretty cool twist for it, but I hate the thought of sending something to a friend through it who doesn't have it installed and them getting a prompt to download a new program. If, somehow, they're able to pry people away from FM (unlikely, as Google+ proved itself utterly worthless) or other messaging apps (WhatsApp, etc.), it could be a pretty cool thing. I'll likely keep it installed to check in on improvements periodically, but at this juncture, I don't see much use for me on it.

Boy Samsung is taking a BEATING on this one. Now the replacement phones are exploding to the point ATT is pulling them off the shelves.

Watch for Google's pixel to really cut into Samsung's market share.

I admit that I am considering turning in note 7 #2. I really wonder if they truly understand the issue or if it is CYA......

I really hope this forces them to go back to replaceable batteries.

Too big to be a phone anyway.

They should stop with these "not a phone, not a tablet, but somewhere inbetween" devices.

Why? People like them.

Not me personally but I know several people that love their iPhone Plus.

VN Store

Back