Sad but true, Tennessee failed Crompton

I learned along time ago that life is not fair. I hate it and I would change it if I could but it is what it is. When a player signs with TN or any other program, they are taking a chance (a calculated risk). History might tell a recruit that things are going to be good but you can't always count on that. Things happen to you (sometimes) that are beyond your control, beyond anyone's control. You can't really do anything about your situation but you can do something about how you react to your situation. TN may have failed Crompton but I doubt anyone in big orange country would have wanted (chosen) for that young man to struggle (along with TN football). I do think there is a silver lining in this situation. If he goes on to the NFL he will benefit from the experience. Adversity either destroys you or makes you stronger and I think it will make him stronger. Now I just need to listen to my own advise.

Other than Meachem, we had about 0 separation prior to this year.

Moore has good separation, but he still has a bit of work to do.

I just really wish that Crompton had a fair shot. Most QB's get 4 years with one system. He got 4 systems in 4 years.

It wasn't fair to him, or to the Tennessee program. Years of bandaids and scapegoats hurt Crompton & Co. more than anything.

I have been saying this for a while now. I feel bad that he didn't get a fair shake. Hopefully he'll end up being a late round gem for some NFL team. Not saying he's Brady, but Brady didn't have a stellar career at Michigan, went in the 7th round of the draft and look where he is now. Just sayin'.

VN Store

Back