Sabans wife

TBH, I can see Nick and Terri having a health scare, find out everything is just fine, Nick going back into the office and finding a stack of voice mails from a bunch of prima donna kids that could be his grandkids, a bunch of players on roster, standing there with their hands out expecting him to negotiate new NILs for them along with a hand full of recruiting itineraries, and Nick thinking I don't need this, I'm going to go spend some time with someone who loves me for just being me before one of us do have a health problem..... and good for him...... as someone who's reached that point where I can go to the house if I want to, and having friends in the same boat, it's amazing how little things that didn't matter a few years ago become very big in making that decision.

TBH, I can see Nick and Terri having a health scare, find out everything is just fine, Nick going back into the office and finding a stack of voice mails from a bunch of prima donna kids that could be his grandkids, a bunch of players on roster, standing there with their hands out expecting him to negotiate new NILs for them along with a hand full of recruiting itineraries, and Nick thinking I don't need this, I'm going to go spend some time with someone who loves me for just being me before one of us do have a health problem..... and good for him...... as someone who's reached that point where I can go to the house if I want to, and having friends in the same boat, it's amazing how little things that didn't matter a few years ago become very big in making that decision.
That's what I think happened. He saw big new changes in the sport, then looked at his age, what he'd already achieved, his energy level, and went "Nah." That isn't a knock on him - he saw changes in the sport before and adapted to them. Probably more successfully than any coach in history. I just don't think at this stage in his career/life he wanted to deal with them.

Saban and cheating is the same word. Everything he accomplished was from buying players, having referees do his bidding, and having the SEC office protect him.

Don't you think he would've just avoided the question instead of flat out lying through his teeth on national television?
Eh, not necessarily. If I thought it was in my wife/family’s best interest to lie about it for sake of privacy/respect/etc, I’d lie. If she is sick (I don’t think she is) and he did lie, good for him. It’s not anyone’s business and his priority is protecting her. I think it’s shameful someone either started the rumor if it’s false, or shared personal news about someone’s family member, if it was true. Either way, a scumbag thing to do.

VN Store

Back