Sabans wife

Savannahbayvol

not confirmed just throwing out for discussion. Had dinner with Auburn friends last night who have a daughter in Birmingham. Said Alabama fans have told her that Ms Saban has been diagnosed with Alzheimers. Still find it hard to believe he left because of NIL, so if true would make sense.

Any way if true best wishes to the Sabans as they fight this terrible disease.

I have heard similar reasons (not necessary Alzheimers) about Saban's retirement linked to health issue with his wife. If so, that makes sense.

I know people will cite to ESPN but I imagine that is a far less intensive job for him. He will probably have a more limited role.

Reactions: TNVOLFN
This is Bammer cope. They have to rationalize him leaving in a way that makes him heroic and in a way that confirms he didn't really want to leave them. Both of them have flatly denied either of them have health problems. End of story. Don't spread their mind numbingly stupid propaganda. If this was true, he wouldn't be joining GameDay. That's alot of work.

Reactions: Zues1
When Saban retired, he said it wasn't because of health issues with him or his wife.
This is a political tactic used to distance oneself from the truth. This is a private matter for a family who has been forced to live a very public life. Prayers for this family as they move into the sunset of life.

Reactions: feathersax
Well, take this for what it’s worth but… A friend of mine has a niece whose boyfriend worked briefly over the past year as an analyst for the program, and he said, saban chose to retire because he can no longer maintain a staggering talent advantage over every opponent he plays year in/year out.

Saban told him and I quote… How the hell am I supposed to win every game if the other team has pretty good roster as well?

Also, supposedly, he is upset that Heupel was able to beat him head to head before we even had a full roster. Said he often would reflect on that game and throw a tantrum.

The idea he left bc of NIL is laughable. Unless that meant working more than he wanted to. Made the playoff last year. There is nothing to suggest he wouldn't keep stacking classes. More competitive landscape? Sure.

I think it has more to do with Alabama being “ in the mix” in NIL instead of having a huge advantage.

He had 8-10 players waiting on him outside his office when they returned from Cali wanting more money.

Nick is about Nick. If he could make himself a hero giving up $12mil a yr to “care for his wife” you know damn well he would.

Last edited:
Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back