Rutgers coach Flood "SEC wont play us"

Rutgers coach Kyle Flood: Two SEC schools ducked us in future scheduling | NJ.com

Bert.gif

I love that because he beat the 2012 Arkansas team, which was the biggest joke in college football, he thinks the rest of the SEC is scared of Rutgers. No we just don't have time for you Rutgers, sorry.

figures Arkansas would make em feel cocky,of course he is doing this to say the SEC is scared of that piss ant football program

Well, what's really happening is what one poster stated, attention whoring. Otherwise known as fame whores. But it's not of a type like women following famous people around and sleeping with them. Flood and B. Stoops are just the first of many like them. What's happening is Old West whoring where an reknown gunfighter becomes the target of unknowns or lesser knowns out to make a name and reputation.

The SEC is right now is the 16 Tons guy with whom lots of non-SEC guys want to risk their "lives". And all we can do is tell them: "When you see me coming, you better step aside. A lot of men didn't and a lot of men died."

Last edited:
I believe I attended a Rutgers matchup in Knoxville while I was in school. Maybe 2002?

I've spent some time in Piscataway. It's a pretty fun town if you know where to go (and where to stay away from).

You were right. It was the week right after the UF game

Did this guy even watch the sh*tshow his team put on in their bowl last season?

I'm not sure I'd be calling out anyone after that.

Unless one of the two schools he tried to schedule was Bama and neither were UK, Vandy, or Mizzou... then he needs to shut his piehole. There is very little benefit for an SEC school to play Rutgers. There are few recruits there that anyone in the SEC wants. The SEC doesn't need media exposure. And frankly, it would allow Rutgers the opportunity to "showcase" their program to southern recruits in a way no SEC program wants. There's enough competition already.

Just another example of a new coach riding the successes of the former coach. Schiano took over that program when they were the worst in college football and made something out of them. Now this Flood guy has a good season with CGS players and thinks that gives him the right to run his mouth.

Reactions: 1 person
I was at that game in Joisey in 83, but don't remember it being too cold. I do remember we won 7-0. Sat by a family from Philly who were Vol fans. I used to have to work some in NJ & always told the people there that the only reason they lived there was because they didnt know any better!! Most of them agreed. I've never heard anyone from there who was proud of it. It's the armpit, cesspool, butthole, whatever you want to call it of the U.S.

I was at that game in Joisey in 83, but don't remember it being too cold. I do remember we won 7-0. Sat by a family from Philly who were Vol fans. I used to have to work some in NJ & always told the people there that the only reason they lived there was because they didnt know any better!! Most of them agreed. I've never heard anyone from there who was proud of it. It's the armpit, cesspool, butthole, whatever you want to call it of the U.S.

you made me look it up.

Weather History Results for East Rutherford, NJ
October 29th, 1983
« Previous Day - 10/28/1983 •••• 10/30/1983 - Next Day »

On October 29th, 1983, the closest available weather station to East Rutherford, NJ (TETERBORO AIRPORT, NJ), reported the following conditions:

High Temp: 63F
Low Temp: 46F
Average Temp: 55.8F
Dewpoint: 38.4F
Wind Speed: 12.2 Knots
Precipitation Amount: 0 Inches
Snow Depth: n/a
Observations: n/a

Must have been the wind!! I was freezing.

Don't know what your talking about South Jersey is beautiful. You can do anything you want to do in South Jersey. The Beach, farm, hunt, fish, go to Philly or AC. North Jersey sucks, but there isn't too many other places I'd rather live then south jersey. It's costs a lot to live but a lot of places do these days.

I don't really see any advantage from playing them right now, just about all the national championship are coming from the warm weather coastal schools. That's where your recruiting base is at.

Wtf would an sec team have to gain from playing rutger? Nobody cares about that territory.

Possibly...but I see more benefit here than playing WKU, Austin Peay, UT Martin, Georgia St, South Alabama, Georgia Southern, UT Chattanooga, , etc. UT already has a recruiting presence in these areas, and a "Rutgers type" team would be better for strength of schedule, TV appeal, and ticket sales. Also, I would think there are some decent recruits to be found around Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, and even in Jersey. A little UT exposure here could be a good thing...but, just my 2¢ worth of opinion.

GO VOLS!!!

Reactions: 2 people
Possibly...but I see more benefit here than playing WKU, Austin Peay, UT Martin, Georgia St, South Alabama, Georgia Southern, UT Chattanooga, , etc. UT already has a recruiting presence in these areas, and a "Rutgers type" team would be better for strength of schedule, TV appeal, and ticket sales. Also, I would think there are some decent recruits to be found around Maryland, Pennsylvania, New York, and even in Jersey. A little UT exposure here could be a good thing...but, just my 2¢ worth of opinion.

GO VOLS!!!

I practically cheered when I read your level-headed post. I was thinking very similar thought as you but opted to not post, believing it would be a lost cause with people who insist on being arrogant. And at a time in our circumstances when we can least afford to be arrogant.

Given Tennessee's history of not producing much high level in-state talent, it is wise to look for it where we can find it. In addition to the locations you name above, there are talent producing schools in the D.C, area such as Dunbar High and DeMatha just to name two. We'd be remiss to turn up our noses at chances to bring in quality recruits. I to would rather play someone like Rutgers instead of MTSU, UT-Chatt, Tenn-Martin etc. Darn fine post.

VN Store

Back