Rupp Rafters

Seems what is happening with NIL is that the under the table paying is not effective anymore. Coaches who can develop and assemble a loyal team are the ones you want to keep. I'm thrilled to have Barnes. I imagine it's already been discussed-- Kentucky fans wanting Pearl? Would he go there?
Pearl is golden at Auburn. They love him there and he wins enough to be practically guaranteed a job for as long as he wants to stay. Kentucky comes with certain expectations that if not met constantly, will lead you to an early exit. I know which I would choose.

Pearl is golden at Auburn. They love him there and he wins enough to be practically guaranteed a job for as long as he wants to stay. Kentucky comes with certain expectations that if not met constantly, will lead you to an early exit. I know which I would choose.
His dream job is Indiana. I'd like him better if he left the SEC.

Cal’s biggest problem is that he isn’t that great of a coach. Kentucky had 3-4 days to prepare for Oakland’s matchup zone, yet looked completely lost and unprepared for it. Same thing happened in the loss against St. Peter’s two years ago. KY was in complete control of the game, then Shaheen Holloway went zone in the last 6-7 minutes. Kentucky had no clue how to handle it offensively. Zero adjustments were made by Cal. KY hasn’t been the same since Cal and John Robic had their falling out. Robic had been Cal’s right hand man since his days at UMASS and was considered a great X’s and O’s guy.
This 100%

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Maybe if they played a little defense they wouldnt have to worry as much. Just bc your team is young doesn’t excuse you from coaching them up on the defensive end Cal. AD is the last real defender they had and it wasn’t coaching

Reactions: walkenvol
Maybe if they played a little defense they wouldnt have to worry as much. Just bc your team is young doesn’t excuse you from coaching them up on the defensive end Cal. AD is the last real defender they had and it wasn’t coaching
He gets all the 5 stars because they know they'll be guaranteed playing time without having to earn it by doing the little things. You know, like playing defense and rebounding.

Cal’s biggest problem is that he isn’t that great of a coach. Kentucky had 3-4 days to prepare for Oakland’s matchup zone, yet looked completely lost and unprepared for it. Same thing happened in the loss against St. Peter’s two years ago. KY was in complete control of the game, then Shaheen Holloway went zone in the last 6-7 minutes. Kentucky had no clue how to handle it offensively. Zero adjustments were made by Cal. KY hasn’t been the same since Cal and John Robic had their falling out. Robic had been Cal’s right hand man since his days at UMASS and was considered a great X’s and O’s guy.
Cal has also openly admitted they don’t always watch film on their opponents. They spend their time watching film of themselves.

I didn't notice Cal throwing players under the bus during his post game. Musta missed it. He seemed to be the fakey "it all starts w me" type guy. They all say that by the way and it has such a fake ring to it.

Don't think you have a one man team. I just think you've had games where DK has had to carry the offense.
True, but that’s many teams. You take elbow throwing Oscar off of UK the last 2 years with all those rebounds, and it’s a different team. Impact players have impact. Mahomes carried the Chiefs. Lebron carried the Cavs to their title. It’s not uncommon in sports.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
True, but that’s many teams. You take elbow throwing Oscar off of UK the last 2 years with all those rebounds, and it’s a different team. Impact players have impact. Mahomes carried the Chiefs. Lebron carried the Cavs to their title. It’s not uncommon in sports.
Bill Walton went 21 of 22 in a national championship game😯

Don't think you have a one man team. I just think you've had games where DK has had to carry the offense.

This is true. Option 1 is always gonna be DK. Aidoo and ZZ have interchanged being the 2 or 3.

Vescovi and JJJ are almost useless on offense. JJJ is a good defender but I think Mashack is better and Vescovi isn’t really an offensive threat. He has had some good defensive games and that is where Gainey struggles and Carr is still learning defensive basketball.

VN Store

Back