Rupp Rafters

Vollifer1949

I hope everyone attending the Kentucky- Tennessee game will spend a little time on this website to realize how much their fan base hates Tennessee. Then treat their fans accordingly.

"UT - like some other teams UK might face in the tourney— is just a bad matchup for the Cats. UK’s lack of physicality (everywhere but especially upfront) makes it so difficult to defend and rebound. Vols had 16 offensive rebounds in Lexington and shot more FTs.

Vols also hit 12 3s....Try to make them beat you hitting 2s and hope you can somehow outscore them."

<smile>
cc: Bernard King

I mean it’s hard not to kinda feel bad for the little guys. They have to pretend to care about basketball more than football because of their history. We all know they’d rather be a football school, and they know it too, but at least they have something to hang their hat on. But the last 4-5 years they’ve been pretty meh at basketball even with all those 5 stars and Cal as their coach. They view us as rivals, and to an extent I do as well. But we beat them at dang near everything. Their kind of the “bless your heart” of the SEC.

I mean it’s hard not to kinda feel bad for the little guys. They have to pretend to care about basketball more than football because of their history. We all know they’d rather be a football school, and they know it too, but at least they have something to hang their hat on. But the last 4-5 years they’ve been pretty meh at basketball even with all those 5 stars and Cal as their coach. They view us as rivals, and to an extent I do as well. But we beat them at dang near everything. Their kind of the “bless your heart” of the SEC.
Any basketball school would rather be a football school. All of the basketball schools, with the exception of Duke, still bring in more money from football than basketball. Especially UK, since they're in the SEC.

Any basketball school would rather be a football school. All of the basketball schools, with the exception of Duke, still bring in more money from football than basketball. Especially UK, since they're in the SEC.
Have you ever met a Kentucky fan that wanted UK to become a football school? I never have. Did you mean their AD?

Last edited:
Have you ever met a Kentucky fan that wanted UK to become a football school? I never have. Did mean their AD?
I don't mean the fans per se - more so the administration. No school that is a basketball school (which really means "bad at football" more than it does "good at basketball") actually set out to become one. The cookie just crumbled that way for them over the years.

If you're good at football, you're a football school. It doesn't matter how good the basketball team might be as well. Wisconsin is a great example of this. Historically, their basketball program has been basically just as good as football, but nobody thinks of them as a basketball school. Since the 80s, Michigan's basketball team has been just as, if not more successful than their football program but obviously nobody thinks of them as a basketball school.

If UNC or Duke had historically dominant football programs, everyone would call them football schools even if they also had the basketball success to go along with it. Football is simply the far more popular sport.

I hope everyone attending the Kentucky- Tennessee game will spend a little time on this website to realize how much their fan base hates Tennessee. Then treat their fans accordingly.
Treat a bunch of people rudely because of some people on the internet that they may not even agree with? Solid tactic.

Ky fans see their program no longer dominates the league and they hate it. They recruit the best players every year but Cal doesn’t have them long enough to develop a championship team anymore. Basketball & cheerleading is all they have.

Reactions: Pennheel

It's so cute how every year they get their hopes up that they'll beat Tennessee in football.....and unless the coach is Derek Dooley and they're starting a WR, or it's one of the worst teams in UT history....they lose.

I'm in my 7th decade and I've always wondered if UK hates us. While we're at it, let's check the internet to see how Bama and Vandy feel about us, too.

Ky fans see their program no longer dominates the league and they hate it. They recruit the best players every year but Cal doesn’t have them long enough to develop a championship team anymore. Basketball & cheerleading is all they have.
Cal not having them long enough is not the problem.

Reactions: Sudden Impact

VN Store

Back