Rumors swirling about Coach O recruiting Janzen Jackson to USC

Even if JJ wanted to, he would still need a release from UT. MH isn't giving a release to USC any time soon. This is irrelevant.

Are you serious we need JJ.Cant believe you're saying something like that.:eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy::eek:hmy:

The program is FAR bigger than any one player. Besides, Myles Jr. and Prentiss Wagoner are capable replacements.

EDIT: I don't think he actually will do it. Just my two cents.

Last edited:
there's no way he'll sit out for a year. he'll jump to pro as soon as he can.

Janzen is a hell of a safety. He will anchor the DB's nex year and turn pro in two years.

Written permission-to-contact
Source: http://www.ncaapublications.com/Upl..._8_25b1639c13-89b2-4176-a1c2-346f5ab746df.pdf

Generally, if you are enrolled as a full-time student at an NCAA or National Association of Intercollegiate Athletics (NAIA) four-year school and you want to transfer to a different NCAA school to play, your current school’s athletics director must give written permission-to-contact to the new coach or member of the athletics staff before you or your parents can talk with one of them. That is called having a permission-to-contact letter.

You may write to any NCAA school saying that you are interested in transferring, but the new coach must not discuss transfer opportunities with you unless he or she has received written permission-to-contact from your current school.

If your current school does not give you written permission-to-contact, another school cannot contact you and encourage you to transfer.

This does not preclude you from transferring; however, if the new school is in Division I or II, you cannot receive an athletics scholarship until you have attended the new school for one academic year.

Basically, it means that Janzen can write USC letters saying he's interested in transferring, but no one at USC can discuss anything with him until Hamilton gives permission. Anything more would likely fall into the violation category. And basically, it means if he wanted to go to USC he would pay his own way for at least a year.

This is the same Coach O who, as Ole Miss head coach, was calling Tulane players to try and get them to transfer to after Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans.

Omg I forgot all about that! Good call!

NO NO NO, Prentiss Waggner would not be a good replacement if Chris Donald was starting.

This makes no sense at all. :blink:

PS I hope Janzen does stay and I believe that he will. I simply stated that if he wanted to and did leave, he isn't the only good safety on the roster.

Last edited:
orgeron will break any rule needed to get 5 star recruits to usc.

please do not make anymore statments like this, this is same as saying he done the same thing here. we will not have to worry about things like this with DOOLEY in charge. GO VOLS !!

After seeing the "video" i would be more than happy to see JJ go away.
His thug arse would fit in really nice in LA.

I agree Janzen isn't going anywhere and especially to USC. He is already playing ball in the best Conference at one of the greatest stadiums and colleges he can play for. If douchebag Orgeron wanted to keep the recruits they recruited LAST YEAR, then they should have stayed put.

After this whole situation with O asking recruits to leave and Lame & Co leaving the UNIV high and dry I cannot imagine anyone on the team actually thinking of going to USC. This was betrayal at it's lowest point.

Lance will sit down with him and cool it over. Real simple conversation ... um you wanna sit out a year and chance them taking an NFL job when you become active again? Or would you like to stay here and know your a starter? See that Eric Berry guy? Isn't he from here? Isn't he going number one? Your a star here kid and the whole defense revolves around you. Just like it did Eric Berry.

He cannot go anywhere he chooses! He has to get a release from the ad!

People please read above. Secondly, no matter how much you hate O, he's not that stupid to think MH would give JJ a release to go to USC.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

This whole thread assumes JJ is all for this transfer - I do not think this is the case - He knows this is the SEC and he is a potential AA here. Orgeron knows any whimper of wrong doing and SEC will report based on his recent past. Anything he does now is very public - kids transferring from UT would add more fire to USC investigations

Not gonna happen. Agree with the others. Jackson's got 2 years here and then heading to the NFL like his young mentor Eric. Sitting out a year would be costly. I know, and you know, 21 yrs old and 22 yrs old isn't much different, but it could possibly cost him millions in the draft

Jackson would start for us at least 2 more years regardless who's coaching. If I were him, I would at least go through the spring practice and see if I want to play for the new coach.

VN Store

Back