Rumor in Nashville

I can't understand hiring anybody and not giving them at least 3 or 4 years.

If Barnes isn't able to get it done, some inexperienced young guy certainly couldn't. It's a dumpster fire and Tennessee is fortunate to have Barnes working on putting it out.

So, it's 4 years now? Old Ricky was smart coming to UT. Strong job security

So, it's 4 years now? Old Ricky was smart coming to UT. Strong job security

The 3 or 4 years came from your comment. You'd give a coach more time just because they're young? I'd be more inclined to give a guy with a history of success and a probable Hall of Fame induction more time than an unproven coach.

Reactions: 1 person
The 3 or 4 years came from your comment. You'd give a coach more time just because they're young? I'd be more inclined to give a guy with a history of success and a probable Hall of Fame induction more time than an unproven coach.

I understand your point, but I feel guy with his history should turn it around on a faster pace.

I really thought when they hired him, that his name would bring in a few higher rated recruits. It's not happened that way except with Pons.

I understand your point, but I feel guy with his history should turn it around on a faster pace.

I really thought when they hired him, that his name would bring in a few higher rated recruits. It's not happened that way except with Pons.

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

What highly rated recruit is going to enter the dumpster fire and immolate themselves? I think that Barnes has put together a very promising roster. I believe that going forward the ratings of the recruits will not regress. If Barnes would have built a roster around flawed 4 and 5 stars instead of 3 stars that want to be here I think that the long term results would be much worse.

Bruce Pearl has been at Auburn for three seasons. Is that program's rebuild a year ahead of TN's?

Lather. Rinse. Repeat.

What highly rated recruit is going to enter the dumpster fire and immolate themselves? I think that Barnes has put together a very promising roster. I believe that going forward the ratings of the recruits will not regress. If Barnes would have built a roster around flawed 4 and 5 stars instead of 3 stars that want to be here I think that the long term results would be much worse.

Bruce Pearl has been at Auburn for three seasons. Is that program's rebuild a year ahead of TN's?

I would take my chances with 4 and 5 stars all day.

Don't care about Auburn

I would take my chances with 4 and 5 stars all day.

Don't care about Auburn

I don't want the 4 or 5 star recruits that aren't willing to put the team first.

Auburn is an example of a team landing the more highly rated recruits, yet they've failed to become a better program than Tennessee.

Reactions: 2 people

Why? He had just been fired at Texas. Just what about that fact made him a "hot name" on the recruiting trail when he came to Tennessee? It wasn't like he was killing it at Texas and jumped to Tennessee with a ton of momentum.

Reactions: 2 people
I bet if RB doesn't get UT to the tournament in the next 3 seasons , you'd still come up with excuses for him

Irrelevant because he won't get that long to make it. He will be gone in 2019 if he misses the tournament the next 2 years.

VN Store

Back