Rodney garner to Auburn (maybe? Nah)

Poor statement. That was his past. He confessed his sin and God forgave it. Some want to throw the past back into current time frame. Aren't you glad people don't do that to you unjustly?
Freeze brought it on himself. You can't profess to be a godly man then hire hookers for your players. I truly hope he asked for forgiveness.

Reactions: Kdbnab1
Auburn just their dl coach to the jags and mods at on3 are already saying Garner will be the first interview. Just giving you guys a heads up
We are done. That guy was the reason for 98% of our defensive success.

Freeze brought it on himself. You can't profess to be a godly man then hire hookers for your players. I truly hope he asked for forgiveness.
Anybody remember a King named David (a man after God's own heart), a lady who had committed adultery (probable with a few of her accusers) and I'm so glad God can't see the stain of sin in my life because it was washed away by his only begotten Son's blood.

Garner has proven hes a great coach, no doubt. But now that the days of bagmen are gone, hes not nearly the recruiter he was, IMO. When he was here in the late 90's, then at Auburn, he was literally stacking 5 stars. Recruiting is a different beast now.

Anybody remember a King named David (a man after God's own heart), a lady who had committed adultery (probable with a few of her accusers) and I'm so glad God can't see the stain of sin in my life because it was washed away by his only begotten Son's blood.
Everyone makes mistakes. To be at the position he’s in 5 years after that kind of mistake is pretty insane though. Winning over everything at the barn

Garner has proven hes a great coach, no doubt. But now that the days of bagmen are gone, hes not nearly the recruiter he was, IMO. When he was here in the late 90's, then at Auburn, he was literally stacking 5 stars. Recruiting is a different beast now.

Our dline has more 5 stars than any other position group on the team. No other position group has more than 1

Auburn just their dl coach to the jags and mods at on3 are already saying Garner will be the first interview. Just giving you guys a heads up
Are you trolling or are you stupid and believe the BS that the on3 auburn mods spew? Lol those homer dumbasses 😂

Last edited:
Reactions: MagnoliaVol
I saw this on Twitter and I am having a panic moment. It said that RG was a strong candidate for the DL coach position at Auburn since theirs just left. I need someone to talk me off the bridge....of all the coaches to lose.....this ain't the one.

I saw this on Twitter and I am having a panic moment. It said that RG was a strong candidate for the DL coach position at Auburn since theirs just left. I need someone to talk me off the bridge....of all the coaches to lose.....this ain't the one.

Let me let you in on a little secret: the Auburn mods have never interviewed a recruit they weren't getting or a coach who didn't want to work there

His coaching is elite. It does trouble me a little that UT has such a hard time recruiting the DL.
Why when the final product produces. I don’t think he ever takes anyone that he doesn’t think he can develop into a quality sec player in 2-3 years or sooner. GBO

You are correct, he did bring it on himself. But Godly men make mistakes too. I know I sure have.

The man took his punishment and a very broadcasted one, at that. All accounts I've heard are that he's truly on the right path these days and I applaud that. Takes a lot for a man at that age to change his ways.

That said, screw him if he takes RG. Go Big Orange!

Reactions: GoVols15 and BDP!
Our dline has more 5 stars than any other position group on the team. No other position group has more than 1
I'm not saying he can't recruit. I'm saying that the game has changed now that players get paid legally. It doesn't matter how great a recruiter you are... without the $$$$, you're behind the 8 ball. Everyone knows that RG was one of the great "bagmen" in all of college football pre NIL. I'm sure he was doing the same when he worked for Fulmer too. Our worst recruiting nightmare was when it came down to UT and Garner for a recruit. We all knew it wasn't going to end well for us. It's just different now.

Reactions: Smokymtnbullet
Why when the final product produces. I don’t think he ever takes anyone that he doesn’t think he can develop into a quality sec player in 2-3 years or sooner. GBO
Actually... just numbers of heads. If he's getting guys he thinks he can work with then I'm 100% positive he can develop them.

Actually... just numbers of heads. If he's getting guys he thinks he can work with then I'm 100% positive he can develop them.
His lines have gotten more solid the last 3 years, he will always get enough to field a strong unit. This years group should be as deep and talented as he has had since he has been here. With the NCAA deal hanging around hasn’t made it any easier but we managed it well. I expect with a good year in 2025 we will recruit very well there. GBO

Last edited:

VN Store

Back