Rocky Top League 2017

If Walker doesn't redshirt and Alexander is still fumbling the ball I think that Walker is logging more mpg by the end of 2017-18. Alexander could be a very good player if he can catch the ball. I've always thought that he looks like a very young Reggie Johnson.

Do we expect Fulkerson to play again? It looked like he was going to be a real contributor before the injury.

Alexander just needs to hang on to the ball. Last year he fumbled a lot of rebounds and entrance passes that would have been easy points. I only noticed one or two of those at the RTL, but I haven't seen a lot of opportunities either. He has a lot of rebounds but they've been fairly easy to grab.

Yep he allowed a lot of balls to be knocked away. Lack of strength or holding the ball too far from his body I imagine.

He does if he is hurt

True. It looks like Fulkerson could get a waiver on his 5-year clock. Turner is SOL though.

NCAA Bylaw 30.6.1 – Waiver Criteria

A waiver of the five-year period of eligibility is designed to provide a student-athlete with the opportunity to participate in four seasons of intercollegiate competition within a five-year period. This waiver may be granted, based upon objective evidence, for reasons that are beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution, which deprive the student-athlete of the opportunity to participate for more than one season in his/her sport within the five-year period. The Committee on Student-Athlete Reinstatement reserves the right to review requests that do not meet the more-than-one-year criteria detailed in this bylaw for circumstances of extraordinary or extreme hardship. A student-athlete who has exhausted his or her five years of eligibility may continue to practice (but not compete) for a maximum of 30 consecutive calendar days, provided the student-athlete’s institution has filed such a request. Further, if such a request is denied prior to exhausting the 30 day practice period, the student-athlete must cease all practice activities upon the institution’s notification of the denial.

NCAA Bylaw 30.6.1.1 – Circumstances Beyond Control

Circumstances considered to be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the institution and do not cause a participation opportunity to be used shall include, but are not limited to, the following:

(a) Situations clearly supported by contemporaneous medical documentation, which states that a student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate competition as a result of incapacitating physical or mental circumstances;

(b) The student-athlete is unable to participate in intercollegiate athletics as a result of a life-threatening or incapacitating injury or illness suffered by a member of the student-athlete’s immediate family, which clearly is supported by contemporaneous medical documentation;

(c) Reliance by the student-athlete upon written, contemporaneous, clearly erroneous academic advice provided to the student-athlete from a specific academic authority from a collegiate institution regarding the academic status of the student-athlete or prospective student-athlete, which directly leads to that individual not being eligible to participate and, but for the clearly erroneous advice, the student-athlete would have established eligibility for intercollegiate competition;

(d) Natural disasters (e.g., earthquakes, flood); and

(e) Extreme financial difficulties as a result of a specific event (e.g. layoff, death in the family) experienced by the student-athlete or by an individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent, which must prohibit the student-athlete from participating in intercollegiate athletics. These circumstances must be clearly supported by objective documentation (e.g., decree of bankruptcy, proof of termination) and must be beyond the control of the student-athlete or the individual upon whom the student-athlete is legally dependent.

NCAA Bylaw 30.6.1.2 – Circumstances Within Control

Circumstances that are considered to be within the control of the student-athlete or the institution and cause a participation opportunity to be used include, but are not limited to, the following:

(a) A student-athlete’s decision to attend an institution that does not sponsor his/her sport, or decides not to participate at an institution that does sponsor his/her sport;

(b) An inability to participate due to failure to meet institutional/conference or NCAA academic requirements, or disciplinary reasons or incarceration culminating in or resulting from a conviction;

(c) Reliance by a student-athlete upon misinformation from a coaching staff member;

(d) Redshirt year;

(e) An inability to participate as a result of a transfer year in residence or fulfilling a condition for restoration eligibility; and

(f) A student-athlete’s lack of understanding regarding the specific starting date of his or her five-year period of eligibility.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Dude Thunder you almost need your own thread for these RTL post game scouting reports. Good stuff bro!

Ten times better than the 2 sentence write up and limited box score that KNS puts together. I have enjoyed reading these updates.

Reactions: 1 person
Dude Thunder you almost need your own thread for these RTL post game scouting reports. Good stuff bro!

Ten times better than the 2 sentence write up and limited box score that KNS puts together. I have enjoyed reading these updates.

As have I, thanks Thunder

Tonight I should have mowed the yard instead. Pretty boring. Bowden and Johnson were no shows. Bone was fairly quiet.

Kent was back. Grabbed several rebounds. Good hands. Good passer. Good free throw shooter. He was pretty steady guarding on the perimeter... didn't go for the fakes. Since he has good length he can just hold his ground until the shooter goes into their actual shooting motion and then disrupt their attempt with a hand in their face. He has pretty good footwork too. Boxed out well. ZK needs a nasty streak. He looks a little docile in the paint.

Walker is a good guy. Took a shot in the face while attempting a put back and goes over to the guy that hit him and gives him a fist bump before taking his free throws.

Williams and Schofield were matched up a few times. Kind of a draw, neither dominated the other. Schofield had a few rim rattling dunks (not while being defended by GW). Williams goofed around on the perimeter half the time.

Tonight I should have mowed the yard instead. Pretty boring. Bowden and Johnson were no shows. Bone was fairly quiet.

Kent was back. Grabbed several rebounds. Good hands. Good passer. Good free throw shooter. He was pretty steady guarding on the perimeter... didn't go for the fakes. Since he has good length he can just hold his ground until the shooter goes into their actual shooting motion and then disrupt their attempt with a hand in their face. He has pretty good footwork too. Boxed out well. ZK needs a nasty streak. He looks a little docile in the paint.

Walker is a good guy. Took a shot in the face while attempting a put back and goes over to the guy that hit him and gives him a fist bump before taking his free throws.

Williams and Schofield were matched up a few times. Kind of a draw, neither dominated the other. Schofield had a few rim rattling dunks (not while being defended by GW). Williams goofed around on the perimeter half the time.

Thanks again, Thunder. I watched a whole game with Kent playing in the Delaware state championship, I believe. That's the first thing I noticed about Kent, what a good passer he was. 2nd thing, he needs to gain some muscle and get more aggressive rebounding. Good shooter, too. Although, he was off in the particular game I watched

Last games are on Monday.

Mon, Jul 3
6:00 pm #3 v #4 (Smithbilt v KNS)
7:30 pm #1 v #2 (Tillman v Rice)

KNS:
Jalen Steele LMU
Dre Mathieu Minnesota
Kyle Alexander Tennessee
Dorian Pinson LMU
Emmanuel Terry LMU
Josh Odom LMU
Emier Bowman Maryville College
Derick Pope King University
Jacob Fleschman Tennessee
Danny Bates Tennessee Wesleyan
Lew Evans Tennessee

DeRoyal:
Jordan Bowden Tennessee
Jalen Johnson Tennessee

Quincy Scates Tennessee Wesleyan
Mason Bates Carson Newman
Luke Smith Sewanee
Chris Clayton Carson Newman
Levi Woods Lee University
Ryan Montgomery Lee University
Kellen King Carson Newman
Nathan Hastings Milligan College
Wayne Chism Tennessee

Rice Buick:
Grant Williams Tennessee
Charles Clark Carson Newman
Alex Fountain Houston Baptist
Zach Kent Tennessee
Trevon Shaw LMU
DeShawn Patterson LMU
Brenden Coleman Carson Newman
Mason Fox Tusculum College
Nick Rogers Carson Newman
Milton Stanley Maryville College

Garza Law:
Admiral Schofield Tennessee
Hunter Leveau King University
Will Adams Presbyterian
Leland Robinson Tennessee Wesleyan
Jorden Williams Sewanee
Grant Teichmann Freed-Haldeman
Cameron Andre Carson Newman
Brody Stone Sewanee
Lucas Campbell Tennessee
Hunter Reynolds Maryville College
Jalen Riley ETSU

Smithbilt Homes:
Jordan Bone Tennessee
Desonta Bradford ETSU
Kanayo Obi-Rapu ETSU
Fred Sturdivant Texas Southern
Trey Suttles Tennessee Wesleyan
Jonathan Adams Old Dominion
Parker Role' Carson Newman
Jordan Hall Tennessee Wesleyan
Brad Woodson Tennessee
Easton Upchurch Christian Brothers

Tillman Companies:
Chris Darrington Tennessee
Derrick Walker Tennessee

Rashawn Rembert ETSU
Lester Wilson ETSU
Brandon Cole Bryan College
Michael Blue Hiwassee
Stephen Butts Berea College
Spencer Shoffner Maryville College
Tristan Upchurch Trine University
Bobby Maze Tennessee

Trevon Shaw and Deshaun Patterson representin the Splitters on Rice. 4 others on KNS. Speaks well that they played on the top two teams.

Just like to say thanks to Thunder for these badass scouting reports and post game summaries. Was so easy keeping up with the RTL earlier this summer despite the website never being updated and the Sentinel only writing 1-2 sentences per game total on their website. Big time move, Thun.

VN Store

Back