Rocky Top League 2017

Maybe one or more of the teams will play the Kim Jung Un defense. A lot of air balls and rant and rave at the opponent how they are gonna slaughter them.

Maybe one or more of the teams will play the Kim Jung Un defense. A lot of air balls and rant and rave at the opponent how they are gonna slaughter them.

Have u seen "The Interview" with Seth Rogan and James Franco? James Franco interviews Kim Jung Un at his home in Korea and Kim has his own gym and loves basketball. Franco and Kim play some ball and it's hilarious, in fact the whole movie is hilarious

Can't wait to see some of the games.
Wish we could get a highlight of rockytop when it's over would be great for fans who can't see the games.

Who in the world is in charge of publicity and media?

I don't think they care too much. There's 6 or 7 sponsors... most repeat year-to-year. The attendance is always very good. I wonder if the gym is rent free and in exchange for the concession stand sales.

I think that outside of stats and standings the website gets updated in one massive change. They probably wait until all six team sponsors and the draft venue are in place, the draft happens, and the dates and location are all established. Getting word out to the public isn't a high priority since we'll be there no matter what. Free admission... they're not dependent on ticket sales.

We'll probably get first word on details from WNML assuming that they've sold a remote and spots to the bar hosting the draft. It might be the Casual Pint or Carolina Ale House. It's some place with a pub-like name.

I believe that Andre Whitehead is the guy that pulls it together. He'll be on the radio and the other media outlets. I'm not sure what he does in his regular job.

The 2016 draft was at the Smoky Mountain Brewery.

When I google, it just returns this thread and the *****ing on another board about the lack of defense in the RTL. No defense? No **** ,Sherlock.

The 2016 draft was at the Smoky Mountain Brewery.

When I google, it just returns this thread and the *****ing on another board about the lack of defense in the RTL. No defense? No **** ,Sherlock.

😂 Who the hell wants to go all out on defense and get hurt for a game that doesn't even matter. People are ridiculous.

😂 Who the hell wants to go all out on defense and get hurt for a game that doesn't even matter. People are ridiculous.

100% agree. More about staying in shape during the summer and getting shots up. The lack of defense actually makes it entertaining. When I was living in Knoxville it was at Bearden high school and the fast breaks and NBA range 3's made it totally worth sitting in a crowded gym with no AC.

Have to take it with a grain of salt. Every year there will be 1 or 2 reserve players who are superstars simply because of their physical conditioning. Brandon Lopez was a RTL Legend because he played the entire game and scored points late in the game when everyone else was gassed.

Reactions: 1 person
100% agree. More about staying in shape during the summer and getting shots up. The lack of defense actually makes it entertaining. When I was living in Knoxville it was at Bearden high school and the fast breaks and NBA range 3's made it totally worth sitting in a crowded gym with no AC.

Have to take it with a grain of salt. Every year there will be 1 or 2 reserve players who are superstars simply because of their physical conditioning. Brandon Lopez was a RTL Legend because he played the entire game and scored points late in the game when everyone else was gassed.

What about the RTL GOAT Cam Tatum? 😂

This brings up a good discussion: who is your all time best RTL starting line up? Considering Chris Lofton played for the US team in the PanAmerican games in the summer and Tyler Smith went home during the summers, while Slay and Maze were part-timers who showed up 10 minutes before tip off to 1-2 games a year, I'd say:

PG Brandon Lopez--could have taken us to the final 4 if he stayed healthy

SG Cameron Tatum--long 6'7" who could handle the ball and score from anywhere (in RTL)

SF Damon Johnson--3 time RTL MVP

PF Boo Williams--RTL Legend, 6'8" big body who put up points

C Wayne Chism--6'9" big man, was hard for big guys to guard around the peremeter

6th Man: Detrick Mostella--averaged like 50 points per game last season

Ran into Emmanuel Terry LMU PF last night. He will be there again this year. Crowd favorite for his skying rebounds and blocks.

The website has finally been updated.

http://www.rockytopbasketballleague.com

June 19th - July 3rd, Mondays/Wednesdays
6:00 7:30 9:00
Catholic High School

Garza Law Firm is a new sponsor. 24/7 Sports is no longer a sponsor. Pilot is the primary sponsor. Teams are Garza Law, Knoxville News Sentinel, Rice Buick, Tillman Construction, Smithbilt Homes, and DeRoyal.

No posting of when/where the draft happens. I think it's tonight.

Last edited:
Thanks TGO. I'm stoked again for this year. Everybody look for me. I'm about 5'7" with grey/white hair and a moustache. Probably be wearing a go to hell hat. I have numerous tats on my arms. One is a nekkid lady. Another a big dragon. Can't miss me.

The website has finally been oddities.

http://www.rockytopbasketballleague.com

June 19th - July 3rd, Mondays/Wednesdays
6:00 7:30 9:00
Catholic High School

Garza Law Firm is a new sponsor. 24/7 Sports is no longer a sponsor. Pilot is the primary sponsor. Teams are Garza Law, Knoxville News Sentinel, Rice Buick, Tillman Construction, Smithbilt Homes, and DeRoyal.

No posting of when/where the draft happens. I think it's tonight.

Rosters are on team pages

12 of the 16 on the UT roster are listed. Daniel, Pons, Fulkerson, and Turner won't play.

Interesting that Bowden and Johnson are both on DeRoyal. I'd like to see Darrington, Bowden, and Johnson on the court at the same time. Add Williams and Pons and watch out.

Bobby Maze is the only former Vol.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back